“Great food”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Lovely place to eat and easy to find. well worth a visit except upstairs so would not be wheelchair or buggy friendly!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We were recently on a weeks holiday in Clonakilty. We got a local recommendation to go to Mios, and we were not disappointed! We ate here twice as the kids loved it. On both nights we had lovely food. I had the seafood linguine and it was fab, It was laden with beautifully cooked fish. Overall very nice, and we liked that water was brought to the table immediately so we did not feel the kids had to have fizzy drinks. Instead they had fab deserts! Great atmosphere! Only thing was there was only one waitress, and we felt she coped very well, but a bit unfair for one person to see to a pretty busy restaurant on her own. Very popular with locals which is always a good sign!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We ate here with our kids (8 and 6) - plenty of choice for everyone from typical Italian pasta and pizza to chicken and burgers.
Food was all of good quality from the huge and tasty cold meat starter plate to the main courses of pasta for me, bangers and mash for my son and burgers for the ladies. My wife is gluten intolerent and the glutenfree burger (which I sampled) was delicious.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Only had takeaway pizza. Way too much cheese and fat had made the base soggy and stick to the cardboard box by the time we had got it back to the hotel apartment. Some may like it like that but even our 2 young kids weren't too impressed. From ordering and collecting - it seemed like a nice setting and the staff were chatty and attentive. Maybe the pasta is better.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I'm not usually a fan of Italian food as it's very dairy, wheat and tomato based (all of which I can't eat!!), so when an Italian was booked for a hen party that I was attending in May, I wasn't looking forward to it... This was before I called into Mio's in the afternoon of the party to let them know about my dietary requirements. The waitress and chef were so helpful and understanding, and I was blown away by how great my meal was that evening, as they have taken everything on board and gone the extra mile to ensure that I got a superb meal. In fact, everyone else looked very envious when they saw the amazing dishes that I got (seafood salad, chicken main and fresh strawberries for dessert). I can't praise the staff and their lovely food enough - definitely a well-run establishment!