“Very tasty and friendly”
Review of Gearoidins

Gearoidins
Ranked #23 of 49 Restaurants in Clonakilty
Cuisines: International
Description: Established cafe/restaurant Clonakilty
Description: Established cafe/restaurant Clonakilty
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Stopped off here and went in for a bit of lunch. Really tasty food and the staff were lovely. Really nice atmosphere about the place too.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Read some of the previous reviews and not sure if I was in the right place as we walked in, got served straightaway by the friendly young lady behind the counter and our order with tea was on our table in less than ten minutes!
I had a very good toasted bacon sandwich while the wife went for a scone...no complaints from us, place is basic but comfortable enough and handily located on the main street.....well recommended!

1  Thank ExpatKL88
Reviewed May 5, 2014

My partner and I stopped here for lunch. It is a busy cafe in the centre of the town and obviously popular with local people as well as visitors. I chose a sandwich which included some Clonakilty black pudding and it was tasty and filling and my partner had a very nice crab salad. Plenty of fresh crabmeat. The food was fresh and we cleaned our plates. The staff looked like they had their hands full serving everyone as the place has a busy turnover, but they were pleasant and friendly.
Very good value.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I had a slice of cake with a drink! It was very nice but the service was not very nice. I'm not sure how to explain it but it seems like I was served by a grumpy lady. She was not very nice and not very patient either. She didn't smile or was happy that customers came into the Cafe. When I looked at the cakes I wanted a slice of this lovely fresh cake but she refused to cut me a slice instead she offered me a slice from the older cake. I didn't want to cause any trouble so I decided to just get a completely different cake and she was not happy about it. She seems annoyed about the whole situation. I always thought Customer is King? I'm not sure if I will be back because of the terrible service I got. Food was good but service was disgracefulness.

1  Thank AmericanEagel
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Live in Clonakilty and said I would give this cafe a second chance after a previous bad experience. Called in and sat a table during lunchtime, table not very clean and menus handed to us by a grumpy lady. Sat for nearly 15 mins and order still not taken so got up and left. Never again , avoid

1  Thank Morrib2