“it seems by the rest of the reviews.....”
Review of Keenan's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Keenan's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
ireland
“it seems by the rest of the reviews.....”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

....that Keenan's Italian Restaurant in Clonakilty can be a little hit or miss, I'm pleased to say that I found it a hit, yet again, on our most recent visit this weekend. Fab pizza's, lovely LIGHT crispy bases, full of flavour and beautiful fresh toppings. Although it was busy we were promtly shown to a lovely table, and served by friendly, obliging staff.
Keenan's is not a gourmet restaurant, i'd describe it as "rustic Italian in Clonakilty", it doesn't pretend to be anything it is not. If you like tasty pasta & pizza's with a nice glass of wine at a pocket friendly price this place is the job, otherwise, there's a gourmet restaurant right across the street :)

• Visited September 2012

Cork
“Disappointing.”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I agree with the previous reviewer who said a genuine Italian cook does not guarantee good Italian food... I'm not that picky and would happily go for the simplest options in pizzas etc, as long as they were good quality. Unfortunately, the pizza base was heavy and the flavours not great. The tiramisu (I hate to say!) was the worst I've ever had and practically inedible... The instant coffee flavour was overwhelmingly strong, the sponge too heavy, there were too many layers of cream and the presentation was poor. Also the cutlery wasn't the cleanest and the chair covers were falling off at the table next to us, revealing the office-style chairs underneath... Staff were good and friendly however, but I won't be going back in a hurry.

• Visited August 2012
Ireland
“Expected more”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

My wife and I ate here in June 2012. I say ate, but tbh my wife couldn't eat hers. She ordered cacciatora and commented shortly after starting into it that grass has more taste than it. She didn't even get 1/2 way through it and couldn't go any farther. And she normally loves food, but she was very dissapointed with it. I had a pizza, and it while it was not the best pizza I ever had, it was not bad. After reading other reviews, we deceided to go there early. When we left at 7 pm there was no one else in there. Not a good sign. The staff were friendly, and the place clean, but as far as food goes, it was poor.

• Visited June 2012
Firenze, Italia
“...friendly Italian Restaurant..”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Visited here a few years ago... We were lucky to get a table as we hadn't a reservation made.
The atmosphere was great, the service was medium and the staff looked friendly; nothing was too much hassle. The food was nice also, I had many hors d’oeuvre to start while my friends had bruschetta, we both had a pizza for our main course which was lovely.
I would highly recommend visiting here..
P.S: One of the owner is Italian.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank BetelgeuseBeetlej
Galway, Ireland
“Fantastico!”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Beautiful food, great value, staff were lovely and child friendly.

Visited September 2011