“Everyone should stay here at least once in their life!”

Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
London
“Everyone should stay here at least once in their life!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Staying at Inchydoney had been a long held wish - I'd dreamed of breathtaking views, fantastic food and beautiful rooms. I wasn't disappointed ! I loved the relaxation room, the pool and the breakfast! If you are looking for a first class break in stunning surroundings with excellent staff to make you feel welcome - Inchydoney Island Lodge and Spa is the place for you.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank BerDavis
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, November 3, 2014
Dear BerDavis,

I am delighted that we lived up to your expectations and you enjoyed your stay with us. It is high praise indeed. I have passed on your lovely comments to our team and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Proprietor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We are just back from a three night stay at Inchydonney. On arrival you can't help but be impressed by the location of this hotel. We were greeted at the car park by a member of staff who checked that we were staying at the hotel so we could access the hotel car park. This is a great idea as I can imagine that you would otherwise be fighting for a space with other beach goers. We we warmly greeted at reception and shown to our room 414. This room has a great view of the beach and the sea. Really fancy coffee maker in the room but we asked for a kettle to be provided as we are tea drinkers, I don't really understand why they don't have kettles in every room.

Spa visit: I had the summer ritual treatment which was wonderful and we'll worth the money. Body scrub, moisture wrap, Indian head massage and massage for €99 for 70 minutes lovely! Mum had the facial which she also said was great but a little more expensive at €130 for 70 minutes.

On the first night we ate at the Dunes restaurant. This was incredibly noisy and full of families with children. It had been a lovely hot day on the beach so maybe this is why they were so full??? We had to wait in the lobby for about 10 minutes for a table but were then quickly seated. I had monkfish with crab claws and mussels which was fantastic. My mum struggled a little as she is not a fish eater and found that the menu was lacking in other choices. We also found this when visiting restaurants in Clonakility, the emphasis is definitely on fish (which I can understand due to the location) but again mum found that non fish dishes were few and far between, leaving little choice. There is a great selection of restaurants in Clonakility and we ate at an sugan ( where mum had lasagne!) good food and nice pub.

On our last night we decided to eat at the formal restaurant. The food was excellent, scallops for starters, lamb for main and chocolate fondant to finish. All courses were lovely, the restaurant was quiet which is what we were looking for after the Dunes. Although this is a great place to eat I felt that it was a little overpriced at €59 for 3 courses, essentially 6 with the amuse bouche, the sorbet and tea or coffee.

Overall we had a lovely stay and I would recommend this hotel to others. We were overcharged twice during our stay, both times in the restaurants, so check your bill. They apologised for this at reception on check out and we were given a complimentary walnut loaf!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4 th floor have great views also go for a room furthest away from the lift as rooms clo...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, November 4, 2014
Dear SpiritofKillaloe,

Thank you most sincerely for sharing your comments in relation to your recent visit to Inchydoney. I am delighted that you and mum enjoyed your stay with us and that you would recommend us to others.

I am disappointed that you mother felt there wasn't enough choice in Dunes restaurant however we aim to offer a wide variety of local produce such as Shannonvale chicken, Skeaghanore Duck and Slaney Valley lamb.

We hope to have the pleasure of your company again and perhaps you both can enjoy some of this fine produce.

Mojácar, Andalucia, Spain
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for long weekend. Wow what a lovely hotel. The views are superb. The food is too die for. The staff very friendly and professional. Jennifer from the spa gave me a wonderful Ellimis facial . Would highly recommended this hotel.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear JuliaF,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on you lovely comment to Jennifer in the Spa.

We hope to see you soon again in Inchydoney.

Dublin 24
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Whenever we return to Inchydoney we always wonder if we will have as good a time as the previous year and it never ceases to amaze us that the standard of Inchydoney gets better and better- the friendliness of the staff, the quality of the food and the array of spa treatments is wonderful- the quality of food either in the restaurant or in Dunes Bistro is excellent
Would have no hesitation in recommending Inchydoney Lodge and Spa for a fantastic experience

Room Tip: All rooms have fantastic sea vies
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SandraFogarty
Dear SandraFogarty,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with us. It's great to welcome you back again. We are very lucky to have such lovely people working with us in the hotel and I will pass on your comments to the rest of the team.

We do hope to welcome you back soon again to Inchydoney.

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 nights. B@b with one evening meal. Our room was nice with fantastic sea views. The weather was great so we never closed our balcony door day or night for the week we were here.the sound of the ocean as you drift off and wake up is unreal. breakfast was superb but the evening meal left a lot to be desired. The staff, both waiting and house were very helpful and friendly but the food let if down.in my opinion this could be a top class hotel but need to change chefs and possibly management as staff in the bar food area although very friendly and accommodating seem all over the place.I seen several people including ourselves waiting ages for food but some tables getting attended by two or more waiters??after paying nearly €1.500 for six nights b&b with one evening meal which was one of the worse I had in a long time I expected a better overall experience.

Stayed August 2014
4 Thank Kieran41
Dear Kieran41,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your comments following your visit to us during the summer. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay especially the wonderful views and sounds of the ocean.

However I am disappointed to read that you didn't enjoy one of your meals with us and I have passed on this feedback to our Restaurant Manager.

I hope we have the pleasure of your company again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

My wife, daughter and I spent 5 fantastic nights in the hotel and thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the hotel. Location and views are second to none. Our room and balcony had stunning views out to the east beach. The room itself was modern, comfortable, airy, family friendly and very relaxing. The staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough to make your stay even more enjoyable. My wife sampled the spa area and was very impressed with the treatments she received and the relaxing ambience. We thoroughly enjoyed our trip and are looking forward to hopefully returning soon.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear rayjbergin,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your praise to our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Inchydoney in the future.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Inchydoney Island itself is beautiful. The hotel's public areas are very nice. The rooms we got were a bit disappointing and were overlooked by the adjacent apartments. The pool area while once splendid, is now looking a bit dog-eared.

Dinner on the Sunday night in the dining room was a complete disaster. The Maitre'D was aloof and generally showed a bad attitude. The main course fish (Hake) was completely destroyed and inedible.

At check-out, the bill was horrific when compared with the quality of what was delivered for it. A three star experience at five star prices.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room facing the sea or car park, rather than the apartments.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank John A
Dear John A,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. I am disappointed to read that you didn't enjoy some aspects of your stay. I will be discussing your feedback with the rest of the team.

We would love to have you back in Inchydoney so we can show you the true Inchydoney experience.

Proprietor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Dunmore House Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery
Macdonald Kinsale Hotel & Spa

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!