“Truly Amazing”

Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
“Truly Amazing”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed here this weekend as it was my wife's birthday, I must say it was fabulous.
My work takes me to Hotels all over the country and the attention to detail is 2nd to none in Inchydoney.
On arrival in the room was happy Birthday made out in chocolate, and it was just the start of a great visit.
The food, staff and hotel were brilliant and I would highly recommend it.
can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear 021Corkman

I'm delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your birthday at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa and that we helped to make it a memorable birthday for you. I'm chuffed to see that you put Inchydoney on your best hotels list as you are such a well travelled man and have stayed in hotels all over the world.

Thanks so much for your very kind review & we look forward to welcoming you and your wife back again in the future.

Proprietor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I have happily submitted to the magnetic pull of Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa for many years now and have witnessed all the changes over the years which have made this Hotel the wonderful place it is today.. I stayed there in May and again this month for four lovely days of R&R. The location of the hotel is absolutely superb. The bedrooms are very comfortable and all upper floors have balconies. No Hotel is complete without the friendliness, helpfulness and attention of its Staff and these Inchydoney Island Hotel has in abundance. I decided to have a muscle massage in the Spa which totally relaxed my body. I walked on the glorious beaches which totally relaxed my mind and I was delighted to see that the once gloomy Dunes Bar has now been redecorated and is a bright and cheerful place to relax in. As I had already experienced the excellent Menu in the Gulf Stream Restaurant in the main Hotel, I decided to eat in the Dunes.The service was excellent, and I thoroughly enjoyed the Brown Soda Bread Open Sandwich with Coolea Cheese, salsa sauce and salad.
I found Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa to be a truly Holistic experience .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Geraldine H
Dear Geraldine H

Wow, what a wonderful review and description of you stay at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. Thank you for your lovely compliments and for sharing them with everyone. I'm delighted that you receive the true 'Inchydoney Experience' every time you visit us and we are delighted to welcome you over the years. Yes its a great place for some R&R with the tranquil beaches & the Island Spa and I'm so glad that you love the food so much.

Thank you your lovely review & we are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Kirkby Lonsdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2013

From the moment we walked through the door our visit was special.The staff were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble, our room was lovely and absolutely spotless.
The first night we ate in the bar, great atmosphere, live music the place had a buzz. The food was to die for - try the Chowder!!
Will definitely be back

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Netherhall L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely review. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Ireland. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your dining experience in Dunes Pub & Bistro and the lively atmosphere.

Thank you once again & we will see you soon.

Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Just home from my third visit to Inchydoney Island Lodge and Spa. As always it was just amazing. Staff are superb, food fantastic, rooms perfect with chocolates on arrival. Walks on the beach in beautiful winter sun, followed by afternoon tea, a trip to the pool and a pampering treatment. This is without doubt the ideal venue to stay for that special treat with your loved one. Looking forward to my next visit already!

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean view with balconies and are just perfect no matter where you are located.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Noeleen O,

We love welcoming you back to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa each time. I'm delighted you enjoy visiting us so often & we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely review. We will see you again soon.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Really enjoyed our one night stay at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, food was lovely and the rooms and beds were fab, plus we were greeted with a glass of Irish Mist on arrival. Will have to book a longer stay. Ann S

Room Tip: All rooms are good and all with Balcony looking out to sea.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Annosull,

I'm delighted that you had such a lovely stay with us here at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa and that you were so kind to take the time to write your lovely review.

I hope you do come to stay with us longer the next time, we look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We recently enjoyed a short stay in this beautifully located hotel. The pool is just amazing especially if you suffer from neck pain! ! The food was most enjoyable. All staff were superb. As we stayed midweek, the hotel was quiter, it was more peacefull and this enhanced our stay

Room Tip: We stayed on third floor, front of building .we had a lovely view of the beach
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear catherine c,

Many thanks for your lovely review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much & the Seawater Therapy Pool, the food & that you found our staff so helpful & friendly and helpful.

Thank you once again & I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa in the future.

cork
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We stayed here with our 2 children over the midterm break at first concerned how we would amuse them, we were blown away by the effort the staff made with all their younger visitors, our 2 were kept busy cooking with the chef, Halloween arts and crafts and halloween parties.
Our room was huge and spotlessly clean, the property itself is superb and very well maintained but it is the staff that make this hotel what it is, nothing is too much trouble and they are more than willing to go the extra mile, my only complaint was the service in the bar is very slow and the menu quite pricey but other than that a wonderful experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank isabelle P
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear isabelle P,

What a lovely review. Thank you so much for taking the time to write it, you are most complimentary. I'm delighted that you had such a lovely stay with us & that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay & found the staff to be so helpful & friendly. I have passed on your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to us in the future & thanks again for your fabulous review.

Proprietor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Dunmore House Hotel
Macdonald Kinsale Hotel & Spa
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!