“Wonderful location for a romantic break away” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa

Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Dunmanway, Cork, Ireland
“Wonderful location for a romantic break away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

I travel to this hotel as often as I can, and I can honestly say that I have never had a bad experience there. From food to staff everything is superior, the pool and spa are breath taking its the perfect oasis to unwind from your busy lifestyle..... Ps the cashel blue cheese tartlets they serve in dunes bar are to die for.

Room Tip: Their all beautiful
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Lorraine H

Wow I loved your review. I'm delighted to welcome you back so regularly & that you know that our service & standards are consistent. I'm delighted to hear that. I will pass your lovely comments onto our staff.

Thank you once again & keep coming to us. We love welcoming you back every time.

Proprietor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
Clonmel, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

I had been to inchydoney in march for my hen. We stayed in the apartments which were fabulous. I returned with my husband last weekend as a birthday present for him. We had a fabulous stay. Food in dunes was excellent and good value for what we got. Lounge was lovely for a quiet drink and to sit and read the paper. We had a spa treatment and afternoon tea which we really enjoyed. Overall we had a great weekend and will definitely return.

Dear Fiona170

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. Congratulations on your wedding. Thank you for choosing Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa as your destination for your husband's birthday. I'm glad that you had such a lovely time at you hen here that you decided to return so soon.

Thank you once again & I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Location location location. Set in between two stunning beaches which can be explored at low tide, the views are stunning and plenty of activities to be enjoyed closeby such as surfing.

As for the hotel itself, The Gulfstream restaurant is excellent. Food was top drawer, plentiful and service was very impressive. The Dunes restaurant we found pretty expensive for what it was, especially for the lunch options. Seats generally were not overly comfortable and bit cramped but the food was tasty all the same.

The Spa was very comfortable and treatments were enjoyed albeit the temperature of the rooms were slightly cold for our liking. Unfortunately another long wait was encountered here due to late arrival of prior spa guest. I believe hotels have to get more strict on this and take the time off the guest who is late rather than putting out the individuals who have shown up on time as planned.

Snooker room was a lovely touch to relax in before dinner. The lounge is highly impressive and for me was the most enjoyable part of the hotel. Beautiful sofas, ideal ambience with easy listening music in background creating just the right atmosphere for a quiet break as was intended. I must highly commend the young barman who catered for us excellently during our stay. It is so long since we stayed here his name is now lost on me, but if all staff at hotels in this country were as professional in their approach to guests as this individual we would all have a more pleasant experience for sure. Kudos here

Overall recommended and would return only for a good deal, however I do believe that there is much better value out there for spa breaks in Ireland and even that part of the country. 5 star prices for a 4 star hotel

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are facing the sea but if you can choose a south westerly facing one with balcon...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear DestAnywhere

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay here at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. I'm delighted that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us from the food to the spa & that you found our staff so friendly & professional. Do keep an eye out on our Facebook page & website for special offers.

I will pass your compliments onto the waiters in The Lounge, they will be delighted.

Thank you once again for your review. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Inchydonney island spa and hotel is truly a one of a kind place to visit. The spa and its relaxation facilities are to die-for. The staff could not be more attentive, always checking to make sure we had everything we needed. The food was superb, both at dinner and breakfast, and there was certainly no shortage of food at the breakfast buffet. We asked for a late check-out to revisit the spa on departure day and this was facilitated by staff!! I would highly recommend Inchydonney for a relaxing breakaway treat and I look forward to my next visit!!

Dear Rossmore31

Thank you so much for your very kind review of your stay here at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. I'm delighted you had such a lovely time with us & that you enjoyed the spa so much. We are very proud of the spa which has won several awards & so has our Gulfstream Restaurant. I'm glad you enjoyed it all so much.

Thank you once more & I hope we see you again soon.

County Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Spent our first overnight stay in Inchydoney Island hotel last week & it was amazing. Had previously been there for various day trips & a wedding and it was on my to do list to stay there at some stage. Our room had a view of the beautiful beach & not even the lousy weather took away from it. We ate in the Gulfstream restaurant & the menu was a bit wordy for me but the food was absolutely delicious. We had great fun in the Dunes bar afterwards with the musician who entertained with his banter as much as his guitar playing & singing. Overall for me it was the friendliness of the staff throughout our stay which impressed me. A memorable break away. Only wish it was longer

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Inchydoney, Manager at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear CatchCork

What a wonderful review. Thank you so much for your compliments. I'm delighted you had such an memorable stay with us & that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay from your fine dining experience in the Gulfstream Restaurant to our resident musician. I will pass your compliments onto our wonderful friendly staff. They will be delighted.

Thank you again for your lovely review & I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We spent a few days in Inchydoney in October, and had the best time ever. We had 2 small children with us, and stayed in one of the apartments overlooking the ocean. The weather was wild and we had some great walks, with kids on the beaches. The staff at Incyhdoney are exceptional and doted on the children, who enjoyed a cooker class and all the fun of the super swimming pool. I got time out to have a massage and spa time, and all in all we had a lovely relaxing and at the same time energetic few days! We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: The apartments are great for kids, big leather sofas, overlooking the ocean, warm and cosy for cold...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Grainne M

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your family's stay in the apartments here at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. I'm delighted that you all had such a wonderful time as a family using our facilities & made the most of the beaches and that you found our staff helpful and courteous. I'm also delighted that your kids enjoyed the cooking demonstration classes. We strive to have nice kids activities to fill up their days when they're not on the beach building sand castles.

thank you again most sincerely & I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you & your family back again.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Another great break in the amazing Inchydoney hotel and Lodge, it is for us a home away from home. The staff are so welcoming and can not do enough for you, the food is just gorgeous and the rooms have the most amazing view, everyone should experience Inchydoney at least once in their lifetime...........

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LA F

Thank you most sincerely for your lovely review on your stay at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. I'm delighted that you are a recurring guest & that you enjoy all your stays with us. We hope you will come & see us again soon. We would love to welcome you back again.

Thank you once more & we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Proprietor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Fernhill House Hotel
Macdonald Kinsale Hotel & Spa
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!