“Fantastic Weekend”

Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Reviewed August 2, 2013

A fabulous weekend was spent at Inchydoney Lodge & Spa near Clonakilty last weekend 27th July 2013. We were celebrating our daughter's wedding. The hotel was superb with everything that could possibly be done for our guests, even the little ones among us catered for with their own playroom across from the function room.
Food was excellent, cooked and presented to every bodies liking.
Staff were so welcoming and friendly, always enquiring about our needs and willing to oblige in any way they could.
Our room was just an oasis of calm and peace with a magnificent view. We slept with our patio door open and the sound of the swishing of the sea was so relaxing.
I am already looking forward to booking a return visit.
We spent 3 days in Inchydony but we didn't have time to visit the spa or pool as the weather was so good we just went to the beach, it was better than Spain.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marieoleary
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Marieoleary

Thank you for your wonderful review, it was lovely to meet you and your family over the weekend of the wedding. It was clear everyone was having a great time. I am delighted that you all enjoyed your time with us so much and we look forward to welcoming you all back soon.

Hopefully we can arrange for similar weather for your next visit! Thanks again for sharing your lovely comments.

Proprietor

Write a ReviewReviews (2,189)

Reviewed August 2, 2013

this is a truly amazing hotel located in a breathtaking location overlooking Inchydoney beaches. My husband and I stayed here in May and could not fault a single thing - the welcome, hospitality, service, cleanliness and quality was spot on. Breakfast was divine while the food in Dunnes pub is probably the best 'bar' food I've ever had (definitely try the crab claws and beef medallions). I did not want to leave the Thallso Spa, it was so relaxing, and unwinding in the relaxation room with fresh fruit & juices while watching the world go by was exactly what I needed to unwind from the hustle & bustle of everyday life!! We simple could not tire of walking the amazing beaches, one of the most magnificent I've been to in Ireland. I cannot wait to go back, it's one hotel/ location that I'll never tire from.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Aoife C

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments. I'm delighted both you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us and that you managed to avail of all the facilities. I have passed on your compliments to the team in Dunes Pub & Bistro and the Island Spa.

We do look forward to seeing you again soon,

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Staff - from reception to housekeeping , bar staff to lifeguards, the staff were all friendly, helpful and welcoming.
Bedroom - My wife and I booked a deluxe double room with a sea view and that's exactly what we got - deluxe!! Beautiful spacious room complete with fridge, nespresso machine and nice soft robes/slippers. Large glass double doors opened onto a balcony overlooking the ocean....DELUXE!!
Restaurant - Delicious meal
Spa - Relaxing in the heated seawater pool is a nice way to start the day.
Overall it was a wonderful experience and I look forward to a return trip.

Dear KevinCronin2013

Thank you for your lovely comments, I can see that you and your wife had a wonferful stay with us, which is great to hear. I have passed on your comments to the rest of the team here.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Overall location and arrival welcome very good. Bar food very average and service only ok(very young staff). Room nice however no windows and patio door had to be left open at night which doesn't give safe/secure feeling (no air con). Breakfast was a disaster-buffet from 8am on menu however this wasn't ready until approximately 9am. One waitress took an order for eggs but never informed us that the buffet wasn't ready, then we placed a second order for breakfast which was served minus the rashers which weren't ready! Why they didn't wait until everything was ready I don't know? Residents lounge was nice but very expensive. Wifi was very poor through out the hotel. Pool was lovely with various jets etc. Overall average stay for a hotel that has so much potential- missing some finer touches that a 4 star should have and for the price they charge.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Eileen1982

Dear Eileen1982

Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry to read that your stay wasn't as I would have hoped. I have passed your comments to the rest of the team and we will be looking into the issues. Breakfast is served from 7am in the Gulfstream Restaurant and is generally set up and ready to go at this time.

We don't have windows in the rooms, however the double sliding doors offer great light and air into the rooms. There is a tilt and turn setting to allow the door to be locked, however letting air in from above - my apologies if you didn't see this.

Our hotel has a Failte Ireland Four Star rating for the last 15years and often in fact our guests feel it offers 5 star service so I am disappointed to read your comments regarding same.

I do hope that you might return to Inchydoney again in the future so we can show you a true Inchydoney Experience that others in this forum speak about.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

While I always knew this was a special place I didn't realise how magnificent a place it really is.
Fantastic service from delightful staff and stunning views from the bedrooms.
Can't wait to return. The weather as a bonus was magnificent. Breakfast is of the highest standard with 4 fish choices, pancakes, and full Irish as well as the usual buffet including smoked salmon, great fruit but strangely no bananas during our 3 days. I was, though, disappointed to see ladies having breakfast in this wonderful setting wearing hotel dressing gowns and slippers.

Room Tip: We were on the eastern side so had the morning sun. In good weather we would probably choose the wes...

Dear MKxyz

thank you for your comments and feedback, I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and many aspects of the hotel. I have passed on your comments to the breakfast team, who are delighted with the feedback.

We do encourage our guests to relax in the Spa Robes and Slippers if they wish to do so. We feel this adds to the overall feeling of relaxation and well being of our Spa guests.

We hope to see you again in Inchydoney soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I had 3 lovely days at Inchydony. The weather was mixed but we had lovely food, some great walks, and lots of nice food in Clonakilty. The hotel spa was very nice - the pools had lots of fun bubbly/vibration features. Really relaxing. we ate in the smart restaurant on the first night - excellent food . breakfasts were very good - loads of choices. The soda bread was delicious. Fresh fish every morning if you wanted. The room was very comfortable - tiny bit short on storage - no chest of drawers. And no air con - but not really an issue as i guess it is rarely TOO hot in Ireland

Dear AnjumSolihull

Thank you for your lovely comments, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Inchydoney. Its great that you got to experience both the Gulfstream Restaurant and Dunes Pub & Bistro during your stay. Both offer very different dishes but of excellent quality and local produce where possible.

I do hope you will return to visit again.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were really lucky to get good weather on our trip here as the long drive to Cork was well worth the BEAUTIFUL beach.

When I booked I asked for a room with a good view and a balcony. We were put on the ground floor overlooking the entrance but to be fair when we asked to be moved it was dealt with straight away BUT we were only moved one floor up, still overlooking the car park. Not the most perfect of views for the price of the room but the hotel was very busy so we left it at that.

The beach is a stone throw away and without a doubt one of the best beaches I have ever visited!

The hotel itself was beautiful and the staff were really friendly and the rooms were perfect. The only teeny weeny complaint I have is that there was only two bottles of fizzy water in the fridge (we have little to give out about eh) but I am sure if I had of asked for water it would have arrived.

Breakfast was terrible, I hate to say it but it was. Maybe we arrived a little too late but the food was not up to scratch for the price of the hotel. Continental was good but not the hot food! To be fair it was very very busy but I dont feel like we were looked after at all by the staff on breakfast.

All in all it was a nice hotel, worth it for the beach which once again was absolutely stunning!!! Lucky for some to get planning permission to build a hotel here eh :)

Room Tip: Make sure if you want a view of the beach to ask for a room at the BACK of the hotel, not overlookin...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear fairyfree

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Im glad to read that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay with us.

All of our rooms have a balcony or terrace and all have a sea view. Yes, some are on the ground floor and first floor, however we do have superior rooms located on the third / fourth floors. Next time, we would be delighted to allocate one of these to you.

I'm disappointed to read your comments about breakfast as it is normally one area that our guests really enjoy from the huge cold buffet and the hot buffet as well as the cooked to order menu. Im sorry your experience wasn't I would have expected.

Yes, we are very lucky to have a wonderful beach on our doorstep, however there has been a hotel on this site for almost 100 years now.

We hope to see you again in Inchydoney in the future.

Proprietor

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Dunmore House Hotel
#5 of 8 in Clonakilty
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!