“One of the Best Hotels I have stayed in”

Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Reviewed July 21, 2013

On Check In the Hotel Room was lovely. A large double bed, a single bed, and a very solid camp bed for my 3 year old. Lovely balcony looking over the beach. Lovely touches like a tray of fresh fruit, water. As we had stayed in the hotel before - some 10 years ago, a bottle of wine and some mini treats were sent up!
Breakfast was very good - all fresh. My children were able to order fresh pancakes from the menu, so were delighted.
The pool is great fun for the children.
I cannot recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear ElaineRoy

thank you for your review. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us in Inchydoney.

We hope to see you all again soon -- hopefully before 10 years pass ;)

Proprietor

Write a ReviewReviews (2,213)

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Just returned from a stay at Inchydoney Island \\\lodge & Spa. Cannot recommend it highly enough. The staff were excellent, the food superb, the location just heaven. I have no hesitation in recommending this venue as a holiday destination. Could not find any fault with it and will definitely return there again.

Room Tip: I loved where we stayed, at the back of the hotel. You still had a terrific view of the sea and lots...
1  Thank josielloyd

Dear josielloyd

thank you for your review, its great to read all the positive comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel from the food to the service. I have passed on your feedback to the rest of the team.

We do hope you can return again to Inchydoney and we look forward to welcoming you,

kind regards

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We recently stayed at the Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa and from the moment we entered the hotel we felt that the stay at this hotel was going to be very special. The hotel front of house staff were incredibly friendly and attentive but not too intrusive that it was awkward or cheesy. It was incredibly professional. The room we had was on the 4th floor, facing east, so we had the sun rise in the morning overlooking the beach. The pool was amazing and very relaxing as was the spa treatment. I would certainly recommend the AromaStone massage, worth every penny! There was a children's lounge with games available so enough to keep the little ones happy. The Gulf Stream Restaurant was an absolute delight.....there were 5 courses to get through! The restaurant was busy but we didn't feel rushed in anyway. The kids got lots of attention from the staff. It was an absolute treat and well worth a visit. Oh, the bed....the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in! Top class.

Room Tip: We had a room facing east so if you prefer to watch the sun set from your balcony then select west...
1  Thank Lillian H

Dear Lillian H

Thank you for your great review, its lovely to read such positive comments from guests. I am delighted that all of your family enjoyed the stay with us. Our Childrens Lounge is really popular and a big hit with our small guests as well as the Moms and Dads!

I have passed on your compliments to the team in the Spa and your praise for the Aromastone Massage - they are delighted with the feedback.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, we hope to see you again soon in Inchydoney.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My Husband and I and our 2 daughters stayed in Inchadoney Island Lodge & Spa - from the moment we sat foot in the Hotel to the day we left - it was fantastic - the customer service was exceptional - from the Receptionist, to the cleaning staff to the restaurant staff - they were a credit to the Owner - they were all so polite and always bid the time of day to us - the Hotel Owner should be very proud of his staff - a pure credit to him/her. The Hotel was beautifully situated on the beach - rooms very comfortable and clean. The little touches added to our stay - the blankets turned back at night, the handmade choc on pillows with the weather forecast for next day, the newspaper on the doorstep in the morning and the cleaning of the room - there is only one thing I could complain about - our stay was too short! We will be back!

Room Tip: Room with sea view was amazing in the evenings when relaxing after the day - great to watch the sun...
1  Thank Angela B

Dear Angela B

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and feedback with us. I am indeed very proud of the staff and all the team at Inchydoney. I believe they are our biggest asset and its wonderful when guests feel the same. I have passed on your kind words to the rest of the team.

We look forward to seeing you back in Inchydoney soon and hope that you can stay for a little longer next time!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

A brilliant hotel...from the minute you arrive and are given a glass of Irish mist, to an excellent room with all you could want for including a nespresso machine <yum>, and an amazing view from a decked balcony of the sea, a fabulous spa, a great pub/bistro serving wonderful food, attentive friendly staff all round, and lovely little touches throughout the hotel that just make this place very special. highly recommend this one!

1  Thank Nic0laann

Dear Nic0laann

What a great review, thank you. You really did have a great stay with us and thank you for sharing your feedback. We try to exceed expectations and its great to read such positive feedback from our guests.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to seeing you again in Inchydoney soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Everything about this hotel is excellent. My boyfriend and I stayed for 2 nights of complete relaxation. We loved the food, especially the seafood. The room was fantastic. The location couldn't be better. The spa is a wonderful facility. The staff are all friendly and helpful. It was probably the most relaxing break we have ever had. We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Sea-view balcony well worth the money.
1  Thank Karen D

Dear Karen D

Thank you for your lovely comments, I'm delighted both you and your boyfriend enjoyed your time with us and that you managed to relax completely.

Its lovely to read such great feedback and I have passed your comments on to the rest of the team here.

Thank you again and we hope to see you back in Inchydoney again soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Everything about our stay was fantastic.Myself and my Husband along with our one year old arrived initially for one night,however this turned into a three night stay....heaven!.From the moment you arrive its clear that you are important to the staff and the Front house staff can ordo enough,whether its offering you a Liqueur or placing your luggage in your room.The room we had the first night was a suite....fab.We moved the next night as we decided to stay an extra two nights....three doors down the corridor....another fab room and our luggage was moved for us allowing us to go to enjoy the amazing breakfast.5 out of 5 for breakfast.....every kind of juice,cereal, pastry,fruit you could want.Along with locally produced sausages and pudding.The staff are kept going,but are always so friendly and seem genuinely happy in their work.The same can be said for the staff of the Bar..we ate there on 6 occasions throughout our stay,each time it was delicious, again the staff fantastic and friendly .
We also used the pool during our stay which was heaven, our little one loved the childrens pool and the toy boats were.a lovely touch.
All in all we CANNOT wait to return ,we didn't want to leave ...though next time we will be sure to book more than one night,it just isn't enough for this little slice of heaven :)

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear bobao10

Thanks for taking the time to share your great comments here. Its sounds like you really had a great stay with us and I'm delighted that you decided to stay on some extra nights with us. I was really happy to read your great feedback on Dunes Pub & Bistro and I have passed on your comments to the team in the bar.

Thank you again for your lovely review, we look forward to welcoming you back to Inchydoney again in the future.

Proprietor

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Dunmore House Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery
Macdonald Kinsale Hotel & Spa

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!