“Absolutely,gorgeous hotel,spectacular views, and very welcoming staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa

Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
“Absolutely,gorgeous hotel,spectacular views, and very welcoming staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone. A very friendly group of staff. Gorgeous rooms. The spa pool was fab :) Food was out of this world, beautiful presentation, and lovely flavours. Lady at reception checked us in and was there when we left, she couldn't of been more friendly if she tried. Will definitely be going back soon. Well worth the money!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Kazjag

Thank you for sharing your comments here, I'm delighted that you had such a great stay with us.
I will pass on your words of praise to the front of house team here.

We hope to see you again in Inchydoney soon.

Proprietor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

From the moment we arrived the Staff were so helpful and friendly. Lovely family room with the most beautiful view. Ate in the bar two evenings and I can say, the food was outstanding. All the staff we met on our visit were friendly, and so helpful. Will definitely be back, hopefully for a longer stay.

Dear BTolan

Thank you for your kind comments, I have shared them with the rest of the team here. Its wonderful when our staff are commented on as we feel too that they are our greatest asset.

We look forward to seeing you again soon for a longer stay!

kind regards
hotelgirl32
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Myself and my family recently visited here and stayed in the self catering apartments. The apartments are good, a bit dated but clean and have everything you need.if you want a very good view of the sea make sure you ask for a 2nd or 3rd floor apartment .. We did not eat in the Hotel as we have a 2 year old who will not sit still but used the leisure facilities. The close proximity to the beach and Clonakilty is fantastic. Overall we were very satisfied with our holiday and will return...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear hotelgirl32

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Im delighted you and your family enjoyed your stay in the apartments. They are ideal for families like yours with small people to entertain.

We do hope to see you all again and maybe you will be in a position to enjoy Dunes Pub & Bistro next time!

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We have just returned from our stay at Inchydoney Island Lodge and Spa.This is our 4th consecutive year to visit this fab hotel. What a surprise to have complimentary champagne chilling in both adjoining rooms - we were blown away by this. The staff are so helpful and friendly. We had a meal deal in the gulfstream restaurant and it was so fantastic that we dinned there on another occasion-the food was sublime. The seawater therapy pool is great after a walk on the beach the jets tease out aches and pains in muscles - elemis product in the changing rooms - luxury. I love the fact that the pool accommodates kids at set times and also has adults only times.
Worth every penny.
love it love it and we'll be back. Thanks

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Grainne H

Thank you for your lovely comments, its wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay with us again this time.

We look forward to welcoming you all back to Inchydoney very soon.

kind regards
Meath
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

After searching endlessly through the Internet for a fab hotel I stumbled upon inchadoney. I am due back to work next week after being on maternity leave so we decided to holiday at home this year due to small baby.
My older son was also with us.i booked a 3 night stay in one of the ocean suites inc dinner for 2 adults on one night. Total cost €900 which averaged out at €300 per night.mid week might I add!!! I justifyed this with my hubby and myself to be honest by assuring myself it would be out of this world and worth the money.
The suite! Main room was small and cramped with small sitting room off it which is where my son slept on a roll out. There was also another room with viewed out onto one beach and main bedroom viewed the other side of the beach via a balcony.
The rooms and hotel decor itself are very dated and grubby if I'm honest. The bathroom was very disappointing. I was looking forward to a bath in a nice big tub( usually associated with hotel suites) but was met with a tiny bath :(
We ate in the bar 2 of the 3 nights and the food was great but way over priced. I had scallops on one of the nights €25 which to be worked out average €5 per scallop!! It did come with side portion of garlic mash and side salad. Starters averaged at €12 and main courses were as expensive as€30!!
Service however was 100% and the staff really do make up for the ridiculously high prices this hotel has a cheek to charge.
The little touches they supply are nice like a turn down with homemade choccies and a free pot of jam on check out.
As I said before food as fab including brekkie and our included dinner.
Pool area was very shabby and very used looking and not nice.
Overall I feel you are paying for the views here and the hotel decor left me daffled? Especially the carpet running throughout it looked like it was dirty all the time but I think it was just the pattern.
I knew I was going to spend a lot for the 3 night stay but it just didn't live up to my expectations and I felt totally ripped off handing over my cash on checkout.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nikkikMeath
Dear nikkikMeath

Thank you for your review. I'm disappointed that your stay wasn't as you would have hoped and I'm equally surprised that you didn't enjoy the suite as this room gets many many positive comments from our guests. The 180' views of the beach from the sitting area are regularly commented on.

I was happy to read your positive comments regarding the staff in the hotel and the food in the Gulfstream Restaurant both for breakfast and dinner.

I was surprised to read that you felt Dunes Pub & Bistro was expensive as we make a special effort to cater for all budgets and tastes. Our main courses start at €14.95 with other options at €18.95, €21.95 etc.

I understand you have spoken with our Deputy General Manager in the meantime, however if you do return to Inchydoney, we would be delighted to welcome you back.

Mallow, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have stayed in Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa a number of times over the last few years. The staff in the hotel, including the bar, are excellent and cannot be more helpful, accommodating and family friendly. The kids love both the beach and pool. I recommend the fish and chips in the bar, which are delicious after a day on the beach.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear martin506

Thank you for your kind comments, I have passed them on to the rest of the team. I'm delighted you enjoyed your fish and chips in the bar... yes they are very good and a big hit always!

We hope to see you and your family back with us again soon.

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

A group of us met in the inchydoney Island Lodge and Spa for a night. They knew we were in a group so they put us in adjoining rooms which was brilliant. We got an ice bucket sent up straight away. The lunch looking out at the sea was beautiful, the treatments were fantastic (bath and massage), the dinner was also gorgeous with the extra little dishes between courses. The staff, ever attentive but not in your face, noticed I didn't like my dessert and they replaced it for something else. (It wasn't a bad dessert but it just didn't suit my taste). Breakfast was also delicious. The staff were brilliant and the experience was worth the money we paid. Thanks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cam_BDublin
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Cam_BDublin

Thanks for the great review, I'm delighted that you and the rest of the group enjoyed your stay with us. Its lovely to read that the staff here looked after you all so well.

We do hope that we will see you again in Inchydoney,

Proprietor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Fernhill House Hotel
Macdonald Kinsale Hotel & Spa
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!