Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
$124
Quality Hotel And Leisure Centre(Clonakilty)(Great Value!)
$150
Courtmacsherry Hotel(Courtmacsherry)
$130
$139
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,250 results
All reviewsgulfstream restaurantdunes barresidents loungeirish mistrelaxation roomsea watergulf stream restaurantwelcome drinksalt waterrelaxation areaturn down serviceinchydoney islandwalnut breadon arrivalnespresso machinemain restaurantcrab claws
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed at Inchydoney Island Lodge and Spa for a weekend and it was fabulous! The room was very spacious, very comfortable and with a lovely view of the sea created the perfect relaxation haven!! All the staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. The food was delicious! We had a treatment in the spa which was very relaxing! The whole experience was fabulous and we went home feeling totally relaxed. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear EdenderryAunch

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

I'm delighted you found the staff to be friendly and the food delicious. I've passed on your comments to our Head Chef, Adam Medcalf and all the team, who were delighted to receive such praise.

I very much hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa in the near future.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The hotel is blessed with a wonderful location on the Inchydoney peninsula in the midst of beautiful West Cork. The staff make this hotel; warm, down to earth, loquacious, extremely interested in their guest and helpful beyond the call. The rooms are comfortable with stunning views of the bay. However, the only available space for clothing is a wardrobe with hanger and a shelf, with a small personal one shelf locker on each side of the bed. There is a single solitary drawer occupied by the ubiquitous hair dryer. I honestly feel management should look at this seriously; for me it meant I lived for 5 nights our of my case. A chest of drawers please!
Perhaps, it was just during my visit but WiFi (advertised as available in each room) was only accessible if within 20 feet of the front desk on the ground floor. Yes, its a holiday hotel but again I feel this is a letdown and must be a menace for business travellers.
Finally, the door and window to the verandah had no air vent other than a narrow strip on the top which could be opened or closed. At night, the room becomes quite warm even with this vent open (and it was not excessively warm weather, only 14 degress during the day and 8 degress at night), resulting in the door having to be left open. Fly windows are essential in this environment and their absence is a major design fault.
I also feel the €62 price tag for dinner is over the top, with a glass of Pinot Grigio in the residents lounge at €7.25 crazy. Many of the guests that we met had decided to eat elsewhere, as we did; across the bay for example a €30 great value dinner. Similar prices in Clonakilty. Management would do well to re-consider their food prices, with the resultant increase in restaurant footfall and extra turnover.
Overall, this is a lovely hotel, that with some small changes could be even better

Room Tip: Ask on booking about clothes storage in the rooms
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CliveDarling
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have just returned from a weeks stay in one of the apartments. The apartments are excellent, comfortable, clean with excellent quality furniture, beds, and kitchen. We dined in the hotel all week and I can honestly say it was the best quality most delicious food I have tasted in a long time. The whole atmosphere is incredibly relaxing and we enjoyed long lazy lunches and dinners in the comfortable surroundings.

I will agree with previous visitors when they say the staff are what makes it the best hotel around. They can't do enough for you and nothing is a problem. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: If you are staying in the apartments avoid the first block as the bins are behind them and it can get noisy first thing in the morning and late at night when the staff are cleaning up.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Cabriolet

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review on TripAdvisor.

In particular, I've passed on your kind words to our Head Chef, Adam Medcalf who was delighted with the praise. We are exceptionally lucky in West Cork to have such an abundance of high quality foods, so I was delighted you enjoyed it.

I'm very proud of each and every member of staff and I was delighted you thought "the staff are what makes the hotel".

I look forward to welcoming you back to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa in the near future.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We visited this hotel for coffee last year and I was determined to stay on our next visit. From checking in and a welcome Irish Mist we were totally amazed at the level of service.
Stunned by the woodwork in the hotel lobby and the incredible paintings all done by local people. What a lovely change that all the staff were Irish, friendly and could not do enough for you. Bedroom was huge, very comfy bed, stunning views - we even had wall to wall sunshine and hot sun! We decided to eat in the restaurant as the main bar area was busy. A good decision, food was excellent and service perfect in every way. Next time we are on our way to Schull we will definitely stay here again, hopefully for an extra few days. Highly recommend for anyone exploring the Southern area of Ireland.

Room Tip: We stayed on level 2, at first we found it confusing to get back to lobby and guest lounge.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear MazerHeywood

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review on TripAdvisor.

At Inchydoney we pride ourselves in our staff and service and clearly you were impressed with the level of service and the friendliness of the staff. I have passed on your wonderful comments to all the staff, who were thrilled to receive such praise. In particular, I passed on your comments about dinner in the Gulfstream Restaurant to our Head Chef, Adam Medcalf.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Absolutely amazing service at this hotel and beautiful views of the ocean from nearly every room. We were originally assigned a room on the first floor but we were a bit disappointed as the semi-shared patios didn't suit the guide puppy in training we were traveling with. Asked to be relocated to a higher floor with private balcony and the receptionist was more than accommodating in redirecting us and taking us to our new first floor room.

Our room was very spacious and airy with a large bathroom and great bathtub. The bed was MASSIVE and was surley softer than sleeping on a mattress made of week old baby bunnies.

Ate at the bar two nights in a row, and although slightly expensive, the fish was very fresh and chips crispy. The side of chips I ordered came with a side of pepper sauce I'd happily pour over my morning cereal its so good. One of the nights we ate there it was very busy and our server, Colum, was exceptional despite some of the less understanding guests seated next to us. The morning breakfast was also amazing and comes complete with picturesque sea views and cooked to order fresh fish options as well as full Irish breakfast and continental buffet.

We checked out early the next day to spend the day kitesurfing on the beaches in front of the hotel and the staff were nice enough to allow us to return that afternoon to warm up in the heated seawater pool and sauna before we left to return home to Cork. I've worked in hospitality for nearly 7 years and this level of service should never go unrecognized.

My parents are coming to visit from America in two weeks time and we have already booked two rooms to stay here on their second night in Ireland. I can only imagine the stay will be nothing short of fantastic.

Room Tip: Rooms on the eastern side, opposite of the entrance, have a great view without all the traffic of hotel and restaurant guests.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Jenjersen

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review, it gave me great pleasure to read it.

I was delighted we were in a position to offer you a different room and I particularly like your description of the mattress.

I have passed on your kind words to all the team, but especially to the Chefs, who were delighted you enjoyed the food and especially the pepper sauce so much. I was also thrilled to read that you thought our level of service should not go unrecognised. I'm proud of each and everyone of the staff who work at Inchydoney and am thrilled you were impressed with them as well.

We very much look forward to welcoming you and your family to Inchydoney in a couple of weeks time.