“A real treat but pricey!”

Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed here for 2 night in May. Spa treatments were lovely & the sun room was so relaxing, great touch with the fruit and juice. Ate in Dunes bar on the first night & the dining room on the second night. The food was lovely and the staff very friendly. The service was slow for everything, waited 40 minutes for a drink in the lounge, same with food but as we weren't in a hurry or going anywhere we got over it! I would love to go back but think I'd be savings for most of the year as it is expensive. Scenery & views are breathtaking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear MrsBloggs2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay in Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay here and had the opportunity to experience both the dining experiences in The Gulfstream Restaurant and Dunes Pub & Bistro.

I hope to see you back here again soon.

Proprietor

Write a ReviewReviews (2,191)

Reviewed May 13, 2013

A lovely hotel on a beautiful beach.
We received a very warm welcome on arrival & received a lovely glass of Irish Mist & escorted to our room by a lovely young man.
Our room was on the 1st floor & like previous reviews,I would definitely recommend requesting a room which is not on the 1st floor as our view was limited (in fact,all we could see was the front entrance to the hotel!) Rooms on higher floors would have a much nicer view. We were also unable to lock our patio door. The room itself was nice but I don't think it was worth the price tag.
The pool & spa were nice altough I think I expected more and it was abit dated.
Overall it was a lovely stay but I would only return again for a better price.

Dear MrsBloggs2010

I have taken your comments on board from your review and shared them with our managment team to work on. I am glad though that overall you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were welcomed here by a pleasant and friendly member of staff and a glass of Irish Mist, what a nice start to our short break. Our room was on the third floor and overlooked the beach.We had a small balcony with wooden seating and a lovely view. We found it a little strange that the door to the balcony opened inwards which meant we couldn't sleep with the door open( to hear the sea) unless we also left the curtains open. The room was spacious and very comfortable with excellent amenities including a coffee machine,complimentary mineral water, dressing gowns ,slippers etc. There was also a large guest sitting room with lots of comfortable settees and a small children's playroom .We ate in the bar and enjoyed the freshly prepared food.The breakfast buffet offered a good variety of food and we were lucky to get window tables on both days in the restaurant which also has lovely views of the sea.One of the highlights was the pool area which we looked forward to after a long day sightseeing.We would definitely return here again.

Room Tip: There are some rooms close in to the main hotel building which would have limited views. Ask for a r...

Dear dustylin,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience in Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa on TripAdvisor.

It was lovely to read about your stay here and I am thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel and all the facilities it has to offer.

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here last October for one night and loved it. We ate in the restaurant, and while the food was amazing, the service was pretty terrible. It didn't spoil our stay but when I mentioned it on checkout we were immediately offered a dinner voucher for our next visit. We returned in March, for two nights. It was amazing again! The service in the restaurant was brilliant, as was the food. We also had a fabulous meal in the bar. Inchydoney has everything needed for a relaxed break away. I will definitely return as soon as I can!!

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Molzo,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience in Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa and for your loyal custom.

I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you had a wonderful meal in The Gulfstream Restaurant.

I hope that we will be welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Before even arriving at the hotel I was already impressed with the service and the willingness to make my stay as enjoyable as possible. I am a coeliac but also a lover of beer. For all the GF beer lovers out there ye know as well as I do how unlikely it is to be able to enjoy a cold beer on a holiday. The staff of Inchydoney when hearing I was a Coeliac offered and did order in a batch of gluten free beers especially for me. When I got off the phone after making my reservation I couldn't believe how willing they were to do that for me. Its the little things that count. When we arrived we were greeted by very friendly staff which gave me the impression that they enjoyed their work place which is always a good first impression of a premises.
Our room was spacious, comfortable with a beautiful view.
Our dinner in the Gulf restaurant was well worth every penny and I recommend the Sea Bass.
Breakfast as all coeliacs will know is generally a nightmare, I always go to hotels packed with my own breakfast. Not in this case, they were able to offer me gluten free porridge as well as a huge spread of cheese, meat, salmon, yogurts etc.

We went on a midnight Kayake adventure booked through the hotel. It was something I will never regret and believe it has sparked a new hobby.

As a Coeliac I often hate asking if the food is gluten free or is there any option I can have etc but at the inchydoney they were so approachable and had so many option for me that for once I did not have to worry or stress about the little things, which after all is definition of "taking a break"

Can't wait to go back

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear Barry M,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience in Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa on TripAdvisor and for choosing to stay with us,

It was lovely to read your review of your Inchydoney and to see that you were well looked after as regards you dietary requirements.

I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel as a whole and everything we have to offer and I am delighted to read that you can't wait to come back.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We spent 2 very relaxing days there at the end of April, got really lucky with the weather, but aside from that the rooms were very spacious ,clean and comfortable, all have a balcony and sea view. Breakfast was very good ,with a nice selection of fish which made a nice change . The food in both of the restaurants was excellent, and it made a nice change to be served by very well trained and English speaking staff. The pool was wonderful and both the steam room and sauna heated to a proper temperature. The beach which is on the hotels doorstep is spotless and the views amazing. Overall we could not find any faults with the hotel and would not hesitate to recommend it. We will definitely return .

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear LANCEGROSSMAN,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and that you find the hotel to be faultless, I look forward to passing you kind words to our team here who will be very happy!

I hope that we will be welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We arrived a little early at Inchydoney but this was not a problem, we were made very welcome and immediately offered a drink. The service was excellent throughout our stay from all of the staff, they were extremely helpful and polite. Our room overlooked the bay and the view of the ocean and beaches was wonderful, the room itself was well equipped and spotless. The hotel has a relaxed atmosphere throughout, the lounges were comfortable and the room service and bar/restaurant service faultless. The food was freshly prepared and there was a great variety to cover all dietary needs. The spa seemed very peaceful. We would certainly recommend Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa to friends and hope to be returning again in the near future.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor in a de-luxe room with balcony, with wonderful views overlooking the bay. I...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Marion C,

It was wonderful to read that you really enjoyed your stay here and that you will be recommending the hotel to your friends, your kind words are much appreciated!

I hope that we will be welcoming you back soon.

Proprietor

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Dunmore House Hotel
#5 of 8 in Clonakilty
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!