“Great place to relax”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Dingle, Ireland
“Great place to relax”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Staff were extremely courteous and coundn't do enough to help us during our recent stay. Fab location to relax. A short trip to Clonakilty makes for great shopping, sites and restaurants. Would recommend this hotel

• Stayed March 2013
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Brightnbreezy

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your experience in Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you had a relaxing breakaway here and thank you for your kind words regarding our staff, I am very proud of the team here and look forward to sharing your kind words with them.

Proprietor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
Cork Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Let me emphasise that this is a review of a lunch we had in Dunes bar.It being St.Patricks day it was quite busy but we did manage to find a table near the window.We ordered some sandwiches and some drinks and we really enjoyed them.There were a few things which did bother us on the day and perhaps if addressed might improve the venue.The first thing we noticed was how loud the music was.I'd have forgiven it had it been Irish music for the day that was in it but loud rock music was too much.As soon as we finished our food we had to move outside to finish our drinks and for some quiet time.Secondly, it was a few years since I had been here but I had noticed how standards had slipped with regards to cleanliness and felt the place could do with a good once over.We couldnt fault the food we just feel a few things off putting.
At your service D & T.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelMonkiesDT
Dear TravelMonikiesDT

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your experience in Dunes Pub & Bistro and for your loyal custom.

Some of your comments have concerned me and I have asked our Deputy General Manager, Catriona O'Keeffe, to contact you to see if we can resolve the issues you experienced.

I hope that this can be resolved and we will be welcoming you back to Dunes Pub & Bistro in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Unfortunately I only had a short stay at this hotel recently on a work overnight stay in the area, but its top of my list for a leisure break, and will be returning soon. The location is fantastic, views amazing from the bedrooms, an the staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear hartp78,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay in Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa and for choosing to stay with us.

I delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back for a leisure trip soon!

Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We spent St Patricks Weekend in Inchydoney and loved every minute of it. We were only in the door and they were spoiling us with welcoming drinks while our bags were taken to our room. All the staff were so friendly and helpful. We ate in the bar both evenings and the food and service was second to none. The same can be said for the breakfasts which were even better because of the view. We had great weather while there so we could enjoy walks on the beach and sand dunes. The heated seawater pool was a real treat as were the chocolates that were left in the room every night. They seem to have everything down there, a reading room, a snooker room, a games room for the kids and a residents lounge complete with a piano. I would have no problem recommending this hotel to people as I'd go back in the morning myself!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Gash186638

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay in Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa on TripAdvisor and thank you for choosing to stay with us,

I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay here and that you found the hotel have a warm welcome, it was lovely to read that you enjoyed both dining in Dunes Pub & Bistro and the breakfast in the Gulfstream Restaurant.

It's great that you also got some walks on the beach in during your break and got to use our Heated Seawater Therapy Pool.

Looking forward to seeing you here again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I've stayed in a lot of hotels both with work and on holidays. I've been to a lot of 5 * hotels in Ireland (Lough Eske, Fota Island, Castle Leslie being the most recent) and Inchydoney out did them all. From the moment of entering their hotel, their high level of customer service is evident.

When I raised an issue that I could hear the TV in our adjoining room, and we had an 8 month old who would potentially wake the neighbours, we were moved to a 3 room suite. The little touches like a Nespresso machine in each room, chocolates as a part of the turn down service and hand made jam upon checkout were excellent.

The pool is heated to a higher temperature than most, perfect for the baby, and is filled via seawater twice a day and heated. We ate in the bar and the food was a bit on the pricey side but was good quality and they accommodated anything we needed for the baby perfectly.

When he gets a little older, they even have a play room full of games and toys and it's a convenient distance directly across the hall from the secluded residents bar.

We were there for two nights and it's the first hotel i've been in in a while where we didn't feel the need to leave to get out of there. If it wasn't 4 hours (including stopping time for the kid) from North Dublin, I'd be a regular visitor.

Room Tip: Our initial room was adjoining and I could hear the TV next door, ask for one that isn't connect...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear stevea_eire

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay in Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa on TripAdvisor.

It was lovely to read that you enjoyed your stay here and that you we were able to accommodate your family with an upgrade to one of our Luxury Suites.

It is greatly appreciated that you enjoyed all the little touches we provide in the hotel and that you had a lovely experience dining in Dunes Pub & Bistro.

irl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

we went to inchidoney for a mid week spring night away. the location is excellent, beautiful sea views. great staff, we were welcomed with a little tipple of irish mist. our bags taken to room. good spacious room with sea view. we had dinner that evening in bar, sea food was excellent, trio of salmon, sea bass and halibut. beautiful walks on beach. we didnt use the spa but it is excellent. pool is very goo too. the dining room is on 3rd floor with sea view, we were there for breakfast, which was plentiful. we wished we were there for 2 or 3 nights. also clonakilty the town has great places to eat and live music venues.

Room Tip: we had a double with balcony and sea view, loved it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear bskIrl

Thank you very much for writing a review of your stay in Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa on TripAdvisor and for choosing to stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here. Thank you for your lovely compliments on your dining experience in Dunes Pub & Bistro, I am delighted you enjoyed the wide selection of fresh fish on the menu.

It's great that you had some time to get a swim in our seawater pool and that you enjoyed the breakfast in the morning.

I hope that we will be welcoming you back to Inchydoney Island in the not-so-distant future and you will be able to stay a little bit longer.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed in Inchydony at the beginning of March 2013. We were made to feel really welcome by all the staff from the moment we arrived and that continued throughout our stay. We had a beautiful spacious room with a balcony and incredible views. The hotel is located between 2 gorgeous beaches - I will definitely return there in the summer as I'd say it will be fabulous then. The beds and pillows were so comfortable and the food in the bar in the evening was excellent (especially the fish!). We used the Spa and pool which was lovely (a bit smaller than I expected, but still really nice). My only gripe would be that the grouting in the bathroom could have done with upgrading but thats only something small and should not detract anybody from staying here. I would heartily recommend this hotel and look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: We had room 407 which was slightly bigger than most but I think all rooms have a balcony and sea vie...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dubliner41
Dear Dubliner41,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and all the facilities available in the hotel.

Proprietor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Dunmore House Hotel
Macdonald Kinsale Hotel & Spa
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!