“Good Saturday Lunch in the Bar”

Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Dublin, Ireland
“Good Saturday Lunch in the Bar”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We were out driving around Clonakility and had heard lots of the 'good stuff' about Inchydoney Hotel. The views approaching the hotel are fabalous and if the weather had been just a litlle kinder to us, there is no doubt that we would have been walking down at one of the beaches. Anyway, it was time for lunch! We enetered the bar in the hotel and from the moment we entered until the time we left we have only good things to say! The help (with our baby's buggy), the friendliness of all the staff, the decor, the stunning views, the general atmosphere, the service, but most especially the food were all first class. If you like sea-food, you'll like the food and the selection. We'll go back definitely, for another special occassion.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Dublinfliddler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about experience in Dunes Pub & Bistro.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your meal in the bar and that you found everything to be excellent from the service to the friendliness of the staff and atmosphere.

I hope to see you back here soon!

Proprietor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
Carlingford, Ireland
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Having been to the Inchadoney Lodge to meet friends before I decided to treat my wife for her birthday and was pleasantly surprised that every elemnet of our sty lived up to my expectations and surpassed it on many fronts.
The location is spectatcular and the service exceptional, its the small touches, mandrin oranges in the morning, handblown glasses for your water and beautiful original art on the walls that make the real difference.

The food and staff were brilliant and the sun was even shining!!!!

We will be back...soon! and I couldnt reccomend enough.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Damien G,

Thank you for choosing to stay in Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa and for writing such a lovely review about your stay.

I am thrilled that every element of your stay surpassed your expectations and I am glad that your wife enjoyed her birthday treat away here.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Amazing.! Hotel has such a relaxing vibe. From the moment we arrived staff were friendly and helpful. We ate in the bar and the food far exceeded expectation. Enjoyed a long walk on the beach before we headed for home this morning. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2013
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear trixie041

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience in Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa and also for choosing to stay with us,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and that our food in the bar exceeded your expectations, a lovely compliment that I look forward to passing onto our staff.

I hope to be welcoming you back in the near future.

limerick
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We arrived to a very warm welcome, and we were shown to our room which.has a balcony facing the sea, just beautiful. The staff in the hotel are friendly efficient and exceptionally well trained, they are constantly on the ball. We had one of the most amazing meals in the gulf stream restaurant, it was exquisite, locally sourced ingredients. I had the monkfish it was the finest I've ever had. The only thing I would fault was the spa in my opinion let it down. I've had nicer experiences. The " relaxation room" is anything but relaxing, to me it was like a waiting room in a doctors surgery, packed and very noisey, too bright and very crowded. There was no where quiet, dark, with a little soft music to relax. I waited there to be called, it was 20 minutes late, My treatments were ok, the first treatment the theropyst had prepared for the wrong one so left the room to check and came back to say she got it wrong, I had a leg wrap done which took all of 2 minutes and the theropyst left the room and 20 munutes later a different theropyst came back to take it off which also took 2 minutes. That cost €40 euro In my opinion too expensive, after that I was told to go back up stairs to the "relaxation" room to wait to be calls for my next treatment which was reflexology. As I got there another theropyst was calling my name it was like there was no communication between themso we came back down the stairs again. That theropy was good but the theropyst coughed into her hands 3 times during the session and continued to work on my feet, I didn't think this was professional. I left after that as Ihad no interest in the relaxation room. I've had better experiences. Overall inchydoney hotel is a wonderful location with wonderful food, and fantastic staff, I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013
Inchydoney, Manager at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear millieme73

It was a pleasure speaking with you when you were departing the hotel.

Thank you for the feedback we received from you about The Island Spa. Following our chat we have spoken with the management team in the Spa to ensure that we can have a better structured system to make sure that all our guests enjoy relaxed and punctual treatments.

Please contact me directly to make your reservation when you return to us and I will very much look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Catriona O'Keeffe
Deputy General Manager
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I love this hotel . It's comfortable and luxurious. The staff are so friendly and helpful. The location is superb. You look out onto an amazing beach fom your balcony and the food is wonderful. To walk on the beach in the early morning and then head back to the hotel for a fabulous breakfast is one of the highlights of staying here .

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Nobbin,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa and for taking the time to write your lovely review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and the glad that you appreciated the hotel's facilities and that you had some time to walk on the beaches.

I hope to be welcoming you back here in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 7, 2013

A short weekend break was recently spent at Inchoney. It was a delightful experience from start to finish. From the hearty welcome you receive on arrival the staff cannot do enough for you.
The "Cead Mile Failte " is rare in Ireland these days. But is in abundance at this wonderful venue. The Restaurant is outstanding. Exceptional food from local sources. Enjoyed with wonderful Ocean views. The rooms are large, pristine and very well laid out. Outside there are miles of beaches to wander across. Inside the sea water pool is large and luxurious. The other half really enjoyed the Spa while I spent a quiet hour enjoying a couple of lovely pints of Guinesss at the bar. All in all a truly wonderful place. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Allan_G3

Thank you for your lovely review about your stay in Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa.

It was a pleasure to read about your experience and I am delighted that you find the welcome warm and hearty as we endeavour for our guests to feel relaxed as soon as they arrive here. I am glad you both enjoyed the range of food here and that you both had some time to rest and relax.

I hope to be welcoming you back here in the near future.

Kilkenny, Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed in the apartments of The Inchydoney Lodge and Spa , we are family of 4 , our two kids are just 4yrs and 2yrs , we had a fantastic time , so relaxing and family friendly atmosphere , I can't compliment the staff enough so friendly and helpfully never once felt kids were in the way or making too much noise we enjoyed it so much we stayed 2 extra nights , I would highly recommend this hotel for families , young and old , we cannot wait to return !!! Lorna , Kilkenny .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lorna M
Dear Lorna M,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review and also for choosing to stay with in Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa..

I very much appreciated your wonderful feedback on our hotel and I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay here and found us to be a family friendly place to holiday.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Proprietor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Dunmore House Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery
Macdonald Kinsale Hotel & Spa

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!