“Impeccable”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Melbourne
“Impeccable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Just back from a 2 night stay at Inchydoney & have to say the whole experience was truly amazing. From the moment we arrived we were taken care of. The staff (in particular, Keith) were wonderful, friendly, attentive and very knowledgeable. The room was lovely and our balcony faced out onto the ocean. Had the weather been nice, I doubt we would have left the balcony - it was so relaxing. The bar food is gorgeous - would recommend the crab claws and prawns, yummy - and the spa offers some great treatments. Didn't want to leave and will definitely be returning, especially when we were given a departure gift of homemade jam :-)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear neidelally

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay in Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa.

It was wonderful to read that you had a great time with us and I am glad enjoyed the seafood in Dunes Pub & Bistro. Thank as well for complimenting our staff, I am proud of the team we have here and I will pass on your kind words to them later today.

I hope that we will be welcoming you back soon.

Proprietor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have to say, my wife, myself and kids all had a fantastic time. The only advice I may offer is to book your spa treatment ahead as they are really busy and may not have a space for you when you arrive. Very hospitable service, great food at reasonable prices and great location - the perfect staycation! Especially since you are 20 metres from the beach....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear sarahandhari

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your stay in Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa.

It was a pleasure to read about your stay with your family and I am delighted that you all had a wonderful time.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

This location is stunning, right on the beach, but I agree wi one of the other reviewers who says its a bit of a soulless hotel. I expected it to be amazing but it's a bit like a chain hotel plonked on the beach. The rooms are fabulous with balcony, either looking onto car park or sea,however the communal areas and spa are a big let down.dont expect to be served breakfast within 20 mins either! Asked the waitress (who shall remain nameless, because maybe maybe she was having an extra bad day and the Internet is not the place to single put names) for a cup of tea and toast- and she rolled her eyes! I was too floored to say anything, so sat there starvin marvin. Same slow service in the residents lounge- there really was no excuse as it wasn't busy. I would spend my money on a local bed and breakfast where you'll be guaranteed a divine breakfast and have the same views for far less money. I think half the issue is there were 2 wedding she previous 2 days and waiting staff were a bit burned out. So consider a bnb or head further down to Baltimore especially the waterfront whe you will get sensational food, service and location! Not everyone may agree with me, but this is my personal experience based on travelling a lot.

Room Tip: Request a sea view room otherwise you'll be looking at the car park like we were!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear BB72

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor about Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa.

I have some concerns about the review you have written of your experience in the hotel. I have asked our Deputy General Manager, Catriona O'Keeffe, to contact you directly to see if we can resolve the problems you experiences.

I hope that we will be able to iron these issues out and that we will be able to welcome you back to Inchydoney Island again.

Carlow, Carlow, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

My friend and I stayed 1 night in this fantastic, luxurious, romantic hotel situated on the Clonakilty seashore. On arrival we were greeted with a liqueur of Irish Mist. The room was very spacious with a balcony and view of the sea. It was lovely just to lie in bed in the morning, open the balcony door and listen to the sound of the sea as the tide came in. The bathroom was very spacious also. Luxurious in not the word for these rooms. They had everything you would want modern and of high class.
All the staff were extremely helpful and respectful. If you make it early to the dining room you may be lucky to catch a seating by the window overlooking the bay. We choose the 4 course evening meal which was fine dining tantalising the taste buds and excellent. You could also choose a " tasting" meal a bit more expensive which will be my next choice if I am lucky to visit again. Breakfast offered a wide variety of absolutely everything in whatever way you choose. Due to the short duration of our stay we did not avail of the Spa and other facilities. We could not fault this hotel. On our departure we were presented with a parting gift of their home made jam which was a lovely touch. We would love to stay again when our budget can afford it. We would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. It is fit for Kings and Queens. Everyone should spoil themselves at least once in their lives. Definitely try Inchydoney Island Lodge &Spa Hotel. It is very special.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Joan E,

It was lovely to read about your stay here and it was a wonderful compliment to say that we are fit for Kings & Queens, thank you so much.

I hope that we will be welcoming you back in the near future.

Naas, Kildare, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I went all the way down to West Cork to spend the long weekend at the Inchydoney Island Lodge and Spa. We were greeted even before we got through the front door with an offer of assistance to bring our luggage into reception. From that moment on we felt welcomed and the stress that is really a part of my daily life seemed to lift off in the wonderful ambience. Everything about this hotel is top class. The bedroom was luxurious and very comfortable, the residence lounge was also a peaceful place to unwind. The view and near proximity of the sea was fantastic. We so enjoyed the food in the restaurant that we booked in there for a second night. Keith and his staff deserve an extra star for their professional serving and friendly demeanour. We'll be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Alasdair V

It was lovely to read about your stay here and I'm glad that you felt welcomed and relaxed from the moment you arrived here.

Looking forward to seeing you here again soon.

Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had dinner in resturant on first night, really good food easily worth 5 stars, but when we looked to finish off with a nice port we drew a blank! Next morning the breakfast was served buffet style, I could not belive the same kitchen produced both meals. The bacon was worse than plastic and the sausages not much better. Facilities are very good, view of beach is exceptional, highly recommend the hot stones treatment. Overall expensive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LorcanDublin
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear LorcanDublin,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor.

Having read your review, some of what you have written has concerned me, so I have asked our Deputy General Manager, Catriona O'Keeffe to get in touch with you directly.

I hope that we will be able to iron out any issues and that we will see you back here in the near future.

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here in August for the 4th year on the trot and have meant to do a review before now but better late than never! The place oozes class and relaxation through its people and an unbelievable setting. While I felt some elements had slipped somewhat in 2011 I was thrilled this year to find normal service had resumed. The food is fantastic and the staff were top notch. If you haven't been put it on your very short list of must visit places for the future. There is great walking both beside the hotel and around the local roads. We walked around to Duneen strand on the other side of the estuary and it is well worth the affort as it is a lovely small beach.

Room Tip: the suites on the ground floor are beautiful.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Riobard O
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear Riobard O

Thank you for writing a review of your experience in Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa on TripAdvisor.

It's wonderful to read that you enjoyed your return visit to Inchydoney Island and that you had some time to take a walk around the beaches nearby!

I hope that we will be welcoming you back here again soon.

Propietor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Dunmore House Hotel
Macdonald Kinsale Hotel & Spa
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!