“Perfect family getaway in inchydoney apartments”

Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed in a two bed apartment with our two daughters, almost 3 and 14mths.
It was a dream, all the space and facilities of an apartment needed with two toddlers, the luxury of 4star hotel facilities and the joys of an amazing location.
The service in this hotel surpasses that which I have seen in five star hotels.
The spa is gorgeous. The pub and lounge are lovely in very different ways, one being traditional and lively, the other laid back luxury. Restaurant is very good but not as good value as the many wonderful restaurants in the surrounding area. Babysitting is easily available and reasonable value. Our babysitter was excellent and clearly experienced.
The apartments are well kitted out and comfortable. High chairs and cots supplied at no extra cost. They are however a little dated and could do with a little renovation to bring them up to the standard of the rest of the hotel( a clear 4star plus). The apartments are more like 3star plus in condition. Facilities in apartment are clear 4star.
Overall I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Blaithin29,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay in Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you and your family had a wonderful stay in our apartments and it is great that you had the opportunities to use all the facilities the hotel has to offer.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Proprietor

Write a ReviewReviews (2,189)

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Recently stayed in the hotel for our 25th wedding anniversay. From the time we arrived until we left, we were treated like we were the only guests in the hotel. The hotel is lovely and totally relaxing, but the staff in inchydoney really make your stay worthwhile.

Would highly recommend this hotel for a relaxing break away, where you can leave the world behind for a few hours.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Ann G,

Thank you for writing a review of your stay in Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay in Inchydoney and I thank you for your kind compliments about staff, I am very proud of each and every member of the team here.

I hope that you will be returning again in the near future.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We have just returned from our second visit to Inchydoney. The staff at the hotel are so friendly and attentive - nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are tastefully furnished and the beds very comfortable. We particularly liked the little touches - the offer of a welcome drink, chocolates on the bed each night and complimentary fruit and water in the room. The food in both the restaurant and Dunes Bar is outstanding and beautifully presented.

I would highly recommend this hotel. It truly is a place to relax and enjoy being pampered.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Sandy050

It was wonderful to see that this was a return journey for your to Inchydoney and that it was everything you had expected it to be from your last visit. I am delighted that you enjoy all the little touches we have created for our guests.

I hope that you will be returning again in the near future and we look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was our first visit to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. The location is superb and the views from the bedroom add to the atmosphere. The welcome and the friendly service from staff were very professional and personal. The food was a high standard. The Spa was exceptional especially the seawater pool. We availed of the seawater shower massage which was a delightful experience. The relaxation rooms and facilities provided there are first class where you completely chill out. Breakfast was excellent followed by a lovely walk on the beach. We had a dinner in the Dunes bar which was in keeping with the high standards experienced throughout the hotel. I would like to have more meat dishes on the restaurant menu especially lamb. All in all a very enjoyable experience. Keep up the good work.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Margaret S,

It was great to read about your stay and to see that you availed of some treatments during your pampering break and I am delighted that you enjoyed the Spa and our Heated Seawater Therapy Pool.

I hope that you will be returning again in the near future and we look forward to welcoming you when you do.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

During my 3 day stay at Inchydoney Island Lodge and Spa in July I thoroughly enjoyed the relaxed environment and the top quality service at the Hotel. I would like to complement the Proprietor and staff for their attention to detail from the time we arrived and were greeted with a most warm welcome to the time of departure when we were presented warmly with a gift and left with a strong desire to return.
The choice available of dining in the gorgeous restaurant or the relaxed setting of the bar was most welcome and suited our three teenage daughters very well. The food was simply gorgeous.
We had the most wonderful stay at Inchydoney Island Lodge and Spa and I look forward to a return trip in the coming months.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the sea had the most wonderful view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Martina M,

It was lovely to read about your families stay here and I am delighted that you all enjoyed everything available in the hotel.

I hope that you will all be returning again in the near future.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Recently my wife and I celebrated 10 years of marriage and we had the pleasure of spending 4 glorious days in the Inchydoney Island Lodge and Spa hotel in West Cork. Quite honestly, I don't know where to begin. We arrived on a Thursday afternoon and immediately settled into the delights of the hotel. Our bags were taken swiftly away, leaving us to explore (and have a drink or two in) one of the finest hotels I have ever stayed in in Ireland. From then on it was complete chill out time.
We ate in the hotel bar ever night and the food, whilst a little on the expensive side was plentiful, served with a smile and always delicious. We did not dine in the Gulf Restaurant, but from talking to the people there, the recommendations are brilliant also. The hotel provided music on the Friday and Saturday night and it was brilliant also, although there was a lack of customers on both nights - their loss.
My wife indulged in the Spa treatments, but don't ask me what she had - the only thing I know is that she had nothing but praise for the Spa itself. I used the Gym, which was a bit small but adequate and the pool and sauna areas.
The rooms were very clean and airy and the views were stunning. We were lucky enough to have good weather on the Friday and Saturday, so we went for strolls each morning after breakfast, which was excellent also. The beach was full on both afternoons because of the weather, so it is obviously very popular with guests, locals and other visitors.
Overall, it was a wonderful experience and we have already recommended this splendid place to friends. Whether they visit or not remains to be seen, but I will certainly be back for more and as soon as possible.

Room Tip: I do not really think there is a bad roon in this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear JOR213,

I am so happy that we made your Wedding Anniversary a memorable one. I am glad that you enjoyed everything in the hotel from the dining experiences to the Spa and Gym and the beach outside!

Thank you for recommending us to your friends we hope to see both them and yourselves return to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hotel is just breath taking, the room was beautiful and waking up to the sea every morning was magical, would highly recomend this hotel, staff very helpful and so friendly. Hotel right on beach, wonderful walks and scenery amazing, we can't wait to go back :)

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear HannahMcCarthy,

It was lovely to read about your breakaway here and I am delighted that enjoyed everything and had the opportunity to go walking along the beaches and other coastal walks!

Looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Proprietor

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Dunmore House Hotel
#5 of 8 in Clonakilty
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!