“A place with open arms”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clonakilty
Henry's Boutique Destination
Ranked #4 of 16 Clonakilty B&B and Inns
Malta
“A place with open arms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We spent 3 of the best days on holiday we have ever spent on a holiday. The location is superb and the hospitality cannot be more personal.

We arrived at Henry's after 5 hours drive from Belfast. We did not know what to expect but the clear view of the atlantic and the sound of sea breaking on the surrounding cliffs was already an indication of serenity. A smile spread on our faces. Knocked the door and Marie came out all smiles.

She saw we were tired and the actual fact of preparing a cup of tea and a sandwich with salmon made us feel instantly at home.

The room is gorgeous with a glass door which opens on to a patio which leads to rock hewn steps down to a provate beach. The hospitality did not stop and Mary was the perfect host helping on all accounts from ironing to cooking to advise etc.

If I ever have an opportunity to visit clonacilty again i will definetly stay here.

I recommend this place anytime, anywhere to anyone.

Neville & Theresa

Room Tip: Call mary if you can finding the place might be a bit difficult.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Marie H, Owner at Henry's Boutique Destination, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Hi Neville and Teresa, thank you so much for your kind and welcoming comments. It was a GREAT pleasure to have you both here at Henrys for a few days. I cannot help but smile when I think of you. Such a good humoured, funny, smiling Man, and Teresa with a wonderful laugh. I will always be so grateful to you Neville, for taking the time and trouble to fix my new hob, which had a piece broken along the edge, and I was worried one of you would cut themselves if near it, but you solved that for me. I was just so thankful to you. IIam thrilled you enjoyed being here, and you are very welcome to come at any time in the future. Take care, and Thank You. In Appreciation. Marie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

The B&B is beautifully located, we actually had trouble to find it as our GPS lost signal, with a fantastic view over the Atlantic. At arrival we were greeted by Marie with some nice coffee and cake. The rooms are beautiful and the interior is top notch, and all of rooms have this fantastic view out to the cliffs. Upstairs is a nice lounge were you can relax and, of course, enjoy the view.

We had a very nice time and we would certainly return to this B&B if we get the chance.

This place is highly recommended.

Many thanks to Marie for the nice stay.

Stayed here: 23.02.2013

Room Tip: all of the rooms are top notch so no need to worry
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi. Thank you very much for good review. It was lovely to meet you both, and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. The new GPS takes you right in to our entrance gate in the Laneway, but not all cars have it. It was a pleasure to go rescue you as you were only up the road anyway. And sure it was a beautiful evening, and it gave you a few minutes to enjoy the surrounding area, such as The Galley Head where you were. Hee. Sometimes coming to West Cork can be considered an adventure. You were both lovely people, and will look forward to seeing you again when you pop down to Clonakilty to visit your friends. Take care. Best Wishes for your exciting new event in the near future. x Marie
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

The lovely owners of this B and B have created a wonderful example of how to do things right. From the note under the pillow, to the port in crystal in the room to the electric blankets in the bed. Rarely have I seen such thought and care put into an experience. Truth is most 5 Star hotels don't operate on this level!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank AaronCork11
Marie H, Owner at Henry's Boutique Destination, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Well Aaron, Thank you for this review and taking the time out to write it. Youe comments mean a lot to me as I found out when you arrived you are a Man of experience who is away travelling a lot, and also a Restauranteer. So it is good to see how you rate Henrys based on your travels. Will look forward to seeing you both again. Thanking You. Marie.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We spent three memorable nights at Henry's luxury B & B recently. By prior arrangement Marie had prepared homemade soup and sandwiches for us on arrival at 9.30pm.
Our room, looking out on the Atlantic ocean was luxurious, - with a "special night- cap" awaiting us each night. The beds and pillows was very comfortable, and conducive to a good night's sleep.
Marie cooked breakfast at a time of our choosing each morning, - wholesome organic porridge, selection of cereals, freshly squeezed juice, bowl of freshly prepared fruit, and the traditional "Irish fry" with selection of fresh breads. It served as breakfast and lunch combined!!
The large dining room had a round table, again looking out to sea; with a mini kitchen in the corner for us to help ourselves at our leisure.
As a base for local exploring one could not find a better location, and a warm welcoming fire to greet us on our return in the evening, in the spacious sitting room - again overlooking the sea.
The house was an art gallery in itself, with many interesting paintings and photos, also an amazing collection of books for us to read.
Oh, and if you need to buy a little memo for friends or family, look no further, Marie sells an interesting selection of local handcrafts and books!!!
Marie and Pat made us feel very much at home, and had a wealth of interesting stories.
Thank you for your warm hospitality.
Looking forward to returning soon to your "unique hideaway in the south west of Ireland".
In submitting form i started to fill in fitness centrein error, and was unable to delete this without starting all over again; so take it that the local natural facilities - sea for swimming, surfing etc, and walks would be a good alternative!!

Room Tip: We had a tour of the other rooms ( which were unoccupied at the time), they all faced the sea, on th...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Miriam D
Hello Ladies. Great to get a lovely review from you, Thank You. It is always good when Guests come for a few days, as it gives them time to enjoy being here, and to explore the area. It was quiet when you were here so I had plenty of time to chat and take care of you. It is always interesting to listen to people,s stories and what they do in life. Thank you for choosing Henrys to stay and I will of course look forward to seeing you again. Best Regards. Marie
Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stayed at Henry's just for one night and enjoyed every single moment.
My boyfriend and I were looking for a nice place to spend our anniversary and at Henry's we definitely found what we were looking for (and even more).

The view from our bedroom (The White Room) was stunning and the room itself is tastefully decorated but cosy and warm. Every detail of this B&B is a delightful surprise, from the tea pottery to the organic shampoo.

Oh, don't forget to have a look at the beautiful private beach of the B&B, a great place for having a walk after breakfast.

Last but not least, we really loved meeting the lovely owners, who really did everything to make us feel as welcome guests. Thanks for the nice chat and the wonderful breakfast (loved the porridge!) :)

Looking forward to our next visit.

Martina & Lorenzo

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lilyhunter
Martina, Thank you. I enjoyed meeting Lorenzo and yourself and it was lovely to see you enjoying Henrys and it's surroundings. It is ideal here for celebrating romantic and special occasions. A real hidden, special corner of Ireland with wonderful natural beauty, where a gentle peace awaits you. I hope you are both well and I will look forward to seeing you again in the future. Best Wishes, Marie
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

Perched on a cliff overlooking the swells of the Atlantic Ocean and the ever-changing sky, this B&B captures the magic and warmth of Ireland. The place itself if beautifully decorated and warm even when the winds are cold and high outside. We stayed in the red room, which was beautifully decorated and looked out over the sea. I believe all rooms have sea views. There is a large living room all guest can use with a fire place and, yes, sea views.

Marie cooked breakfast to order and it was delicious. I had warming porridge and my husband had the full Irish. I had a cappuccino. How many B&Bs serve cappuccino outside of Italy? There was also a buffet with meats and salmon and a selection of breads. The afternoon we arrived we were welcomed with fresh baked muffins and tea.

This would be a perfect location to explore all of west cork and I can't imagine you would find a better place to stay in the area. Marie recommended a great place for dinner in Clonakilty. There is nothing better than getting advice from a local who know the area intimately and in generous with her advice.

I believe Marie also helped us go sale agreed on our house, but that's another story.

If you are visiting Ireland, or taking a break within Ireland, this is the perfect place to stay. The beauty of the place and Marie Henry's hospitality are unrivaled.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank holymadness
Marie H, Owner at Henry's Boutique Destination, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Hello, Thank you so much for your kind review. I wondered if you had finally bought and moved in to your new home. I wish you every Happinness in it, and hope you have selttled well. I am sure it is a big change to the States, but I am sure you choose well. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at Henrys, and when in the area again will look forward to seeing you. As you recommended Dollys in the Algarve to me, am planning to go there to enjoy during next year. So thanks for that. I wish you a Happy Christmas in your New home, and a Peaceful 2013. Marie.
Lixnaw, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed in Henry's with my wife over the summer and can certainly echo the sentiment regarding the hostess, location and hospitality afforded by Henry's which was simply exceptional. Maries' warm welcome and attention to detail are second to none. The house itself is an inspiring architectural gem while the location is simply superb; a breathtaking panorama. We could only overnight in Henry's yet, even though the stay was short in duration, it was an incredibly refreshing and revitalising experience. I've recommended Henry's to all and will undoubtedly return in the near future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DonalOCall
Hello Donal,
Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review of Henrys. I appreciate. Next time make it longer so you can explore more of the area. It was great you got out early in the morning for your run on the wild and wonderful Long Strand, on our doorstep. Did the Clonakilty Marathon myself and m y walking buddies a couple of weeks ago. First time. Regards to Anne and Hillary who came to stay here at Henrys previous to you, and recommended it to you. I wish you all a Very Happy Christmas and a wonderful 2013. Best Regards. Marie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
O'Donovan's Hotel
O'Donovan's Hotel
#6 of 8 in Clonakilty
Casey's of Baltimore, Hotel

Been to Henry's Boutique Destination? Share your experiences!