“Get the GPS coordinates and bask in heaven”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clonakilty
Henry's Boutique Destination
Ranked #6 of 15 Clonakilty B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Marie Henry is an Irish gem. She is polite, an extraordinary hostess, a great cook and a tremendous ambassador for Ireland. This B & B is really her vacation home which should be featured in Architectural Digest. Loaded with original artwork located on 8 acres of unrivaled seafront with a private beach, Henry's is simply the best. Each bedroom has a full ocean view. Each bedroom is unique and designed primarily by your hostess. NO detail is too small to have thought of. Bed linens are silk-like cotton; the bathroom has custom or near custom fixtures. No leaks, scratches, chips. Staying at Henry's is a privilege. You truly feel as if you are a guest in someone's exquisite home. The price is CHEAP in comparison to every other place we stayed. We will never return to Ireland without staying here EVERY time. It is a destination in and of itself. I am almost hesitant to share this with TA to avoid making this a MUST STOP for every Ireland bound visitor.

You will most likely not be able to find it without putting the following coordinates into your GPS:
N 51.54937 W 8.95395

Room Tip: The best of the best of the best of the best. There is NO bad room. If you can find it, it is a tr...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Marie H, Owner at Henry's Boutique Destination, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Hello Charles, Such an amazing review of Henrys. Thank you so much. It was my great pleasure .to meet the four of you, and your Wife was so easily pleased. The weather was stormy here on the Coast, but even so you all enjoyed it. Coming to Ireland was nice for you to celebrate your Special Birthday. It was very interesting chatting to you after Breakfast, I really enjoyed. Will look forward to you coming to West Cork in the future, and hopefully then you wll meet Pat and the boys. Take care. Love to all. Marie

There are newer reviews for Henry's Boutique Destination

Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in Henry's B&B in September & had a fantastic time. The location, decor, value, food & service was excellent. I came away from the weekend feeling relaxed & revived. We will most definitely be returning in the future. A hidden gem of West Cork.

• Stayed: September 2012

Hi. Appreciate you taking the time to write a review of Henrys. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay here with us in West Cork. As always it is a pleasure to have Guests like yourselves and we aim to please and look after all Guests to the very best of our ability. We will look forward to having you once again to stay in the future. Very Best Regards. Marie

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I knew this place was going to be great, based on the reviews. But I had no idea that it would be this good. The way the Henry's had decorated the house and their attention to detail was amazing. It was like staying in a museum of art and luxury home all at once. Patrick gave so much of his time and advice. He was one of the best parts of the trip.

2  Thank Bundy Rd G
Marie H, Owner at Henry's Boutique Destination, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Hi to you both. Thank you for the review. As you know I was ill when you visited, and am absolutely delighted Pat looked after you so well, as this was his first time to do so. He will be chuffed when he reads your review. He tells me you are coming back next year to enjoy the Guitar Festival in Clonakilty. So we will look forward to having you again. Thank you for popping up to see me in bed, and I hope you enjoyed hearing Mass in Ardfield, as you were on your way to it after visiting me. It is always nice to experience what goes on in the local community, and I know you had a great time in Clonakilty with the craic and the music on the nights you were here. Very best wishes and look forward to seeing you next year. Marie.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We had planned to stay 4 nights somewhere in the Conakilty area but after seeing the photos of Henry's we added a night for a good place to just relax a day during a long trip. Great idea. The view from the upstairs lounge or from anywhere in the house or on the property is fantastic. We could walk out on the cliffs or down to the beach, and the dogs are happy to go along.
Comfortable, pleasant, spacious rooms with all new/modern conveniences for a good night's sleep, then a nice choice of delicious breakfasts every morning.
And we enjoyed a lot of laughs and interesting talks with both Marie and Patrick. We felt very comfortable, as much like friends as like guests.
The only downside was that we had to leave. It is a great place to stay.

Hello Joe,
Thank you for your review of your stay here at Henrys. You had planned well your trip to Ireland with a good few days here, and day trips to places of interest in West Cork. It was a pleasure to have you both to stay, and I know you enjoyed. There was lots of laughs, interesting chats, and meeting all the girls for the Saturday bootcamp with Karl. And of course being interested in Maureen O Hara it was great Pat was able to give you lots of stories and information. Hope you enjoyed your continuing journey in Ireland. Take Care. Lots of Love to you Both. Marie

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed for two nights in Clonakility with the Henrys and could have spent every second in their wonderful home. Amazing views of the sea, first class rooms and lovely company. The accomodation has access to its own beach and for those interested in water sports its an ideal location.
Will definitely be staying again if Iam back in the area.
Thanks again to Marie,

Andrew Smith

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Hello Andrew.
It was so nice to see you again. And as always you were the perfect Gentleman. I am delighted you enjoyed your time here at Henrys and will look forward to seeing you here again , and meeting your Wife on your next visit. Take Care and Best Regards. Marie

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Like no other accommodation in Ireland!! Henry's is a truly unique experience! Allow some time and prepare to chill ...

My partner and I stayed at Henrys for four nights in September 2012. We were blown away by the setting, on arrival... that such a beautiful, modern, stylish home could be set so sympatheticaly into the cliffs of West Cork. Once we'd caught our breath we were then warmed to our cores by the sincerity of Marie's welcome and the detail she has afforded in making every room a peaceful little haven within surroundings of pure natural beauty. Rooms are luxuriously comfortable, styled to the highest standards with little touches not even seen in 5* hotels of great standing. Marie is a wondeful hostess... her genuine warmth, great humour and attention to detail makes her one of the very best hostesses Ireland has to offer! ...not forgetting her amazing choice of artisan breakfast treats, most of which are sourced very locally.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I lifted the blinds in the morning... all guest rooms have floor to ceiling windows facing out onto the rugged cliffs of Galley Head and the wild Atlantic sea... as I lifted the blinds, a peregrine falcon darted past the window at eye level, chased very fast by another peregrine! Over to my left was a kestrel hovering over the purple heather, clearly visible by naked eye, no bins required! Out in front of me, on the edge of the cliffs, playing about on the wind, were four choughs having a ball in the stormy conditions! An absolute feast for two keen birdwatchers. A walk down to the quaint little beach after breakfast brought us sights of many more great birds... white wagtails, sanderlings, ringed plovers, turnstones, oystercatchers as well as a variety of gulls. Gannets could be seen offshore, plunging into the ocean for their fish breakfast... Henrys is dream accommodation for keen birdwatchers who have a fondness for their comforts too.

I cannot say enough good things about Henrys! A part of me is almost afraid to because I really want to go back there to stay!!... and I don't want to find that it has become impossible to book because the secret is out!! However... I so wish Marie and her family absolute success with Henrys, it is almost too special for words... Thank you Marie, Pat and Karl.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Marie H, Owner at Henry's Boutique Destination, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Hazel, Thank you very much for such an amazing review. I am thrilled. It is good to know how much you both enjoyed yourselves here at Henrys. From a bird watching point of view you know the area well. I am amazed at all the birds you spotted and have been telling subsequent Guests. Thank you for the books you forwarded for the rooms, and people are enjoying reading them, and then seeing what birds they can spot. It is so interesting. West Cork is full of Hidden Gems. And I think Susy [ your lucky little gorgeous rescue dog] also enjoyed her trip. I will definitely look forward to seeing you again, as we all enjoyed your company when you were here. Thanks again. Really appreciate. Marie. x

Reviewed September 19, 2012

What an amazing experience. Last weekend I visited Henry's Luxury B&B in Clonakilty. I was expecting a nice weekend but what I actually got was one of the best experiences of my life. The Accomidation was out of this world and Marie (The owner) is a superb hostess. The atmosphere and ambiance around the location is priceless. I didn't want to leave and Henry's is now one of my top if not the BEST holiday locations for me. I am already thinking of my next trip. Thank you Marie for a great weekend. You are a superstar.

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing. I wish I could give six stars above.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Marie H, Owner at Henry's Boutique Destination, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Hello Paul, Thank you for your review. I am happy you had such a good time here in Castlefreke, West Cork. You were lucky with the weather and you were able to swim and enjoy the water sports in the area. Will look froward to seeing you back here with your friends, and I know you were really looking forward to seeing little Max, who missed you when you were away. Also you seemed to have a really enjoyable evening at Fisher's Cross, and were surprised there was such craic and a Pub within walking distance of this little piece of Heaven. Hee. Kind Regards. Marie

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Dunmore House Hotel
#5 of 8 in Clonakilty
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery

Been to Henry's Boutique Destination? Share your experiences!