Henry's Boutique Destination
The Emmet Hotel(Clonakilty)
$141
Quality Hotel And Leisure Centre(Clonakilty)(Great Value!)
$131
Travelocity
O'Donovan's Hotel(Clonakilty)
Munster Arms(Bandon)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsprivate beachb bbeautiful loungeoverlooking the atlantic oceansuper comfy bedfresh local produceshort driveevery morningstunning locationlovely townirish breakfastthree nightshome away from homemariehenryshostessluxury
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Let me start this review off by saying I’m an American who has traveled the globe, I have stayed at Hotels, B&B’s and then some. Henry’s Luxury B&B is like no other. You won’t find a B&B anywhere this special. I have traveled to Ireland twice before and it was my wife’s first time to Ireland. We had only planned on staying for two nights at Henry’s. Once we walked through the door and then saw the house and our room, we both immediately agreed it was best we cancel any other bookings, which we did. We stayed at Henry’s the rest of our stay until returning home “We are not the only guests to do so =)”.

The house is beautiful. Everywhere you look you will see art and beauty. You won’t find a place to stay more comfortable and special as Henry’s B&B. All of the rooms overlook the sea, whether it’s a sunny day, or a windy and rainy day, it’s beautiful, calming and peaceful. One of our four days we did nothing but enjoy the peace and beauty of the view of the beautiful cliffs and sea. The following day we took a taxi to Clonakilty. There are wonderful places to eat and shop. Everyone is very friendly and will take the time to have a conversation with you.

Our room was amazing. Each room has heated blankets which is wonderful and comfortable. The beds are very comfortable. We slept so well each night. In fact we slept in late each day. =) Each room has a view of the sea. Our room, and I believe the others have a door where you can walk outside and enjoy the grounds. It’s very private. You can make your way to a place to sit and enjoy the view. If you are a hiker and enjoy long walks, go south to hit the long strand of beach, or make your way to the castle that is located near by. go north to head towards the light house. Everywhere you look you will see beauty.

Marie is wonderful. She will make you feel so comfortable, it will feel as if you are home visiting family. She makes the best Irish Breakfast I have ever had, and I’ve stayed at high-end expensive estates. They don’t come close to Maries cooking. She will make you feel so welcome, like you are home.

If you are looking for tours and sirens and crowds, Henry’s is not for you. If you need a break, need to recharge and you want a peaceful experience you won’t forget, then stay at Henry’s. It’s a very special place and both my wife and I feel extremely lucky to have discovered it. We will certainly be back again.

Room Tip: My tip is if you are unsure, book just one night, you will stay many more. :)
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Marie H, Owner at Henry's Boutique Destination, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2012

Hi Michael,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor. It was lovely to have you both to stay with us here at Henrys in West Cork. I was deligthed to see how you enjoyed your visit, and the day you spent in Clonakilty exploring its History. Mrs Kerr from the bookshop told me you called in and you had a great chat. And I know you enjoyed talking to Bobby in DeBarras. It is such an interesting little town. I know you are both thrilled to have a Happy Event to look forward to in June, and I wish you both well. Wil look forward to you coming to see us at some stage with Baby Stella. Very Best Wishes, and Kind Regards. Marie.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Sitting on a shelf overlooking the ocean, Henry's is a dream experience for anyone wanting to escape and relax. We stayed for two nights and like others, could have stayed for a week. Marie was the consummate hostess and on the cold windy day that we decided to stay close to the cottage, she took care of our every need, lighting a roaring fire for us in the shared living room as Jenny and I played some Irish tunes and watched the rain lash against the glass. Breakfast was delicious in the morning and the accommodations were beautiful and immaculate. The location is close enough for an easy drive in to Clonakilty yet as you sit and reflect on your evening while the light from Galley Head fans across the sky, you can't imagine that you are near a busy little village, bustling with nightlife. We will be back.

Jenny and Liam

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Hi Jenny and Liam,
Thanking you for your positive review. It was a surprise to see you wrote one. You were very interesting people to have come and stay here at Henrys. And great musicians. I enjoyed listening to you from my kichen while working. Its great to hear how you enjoy Ireland, and how many times you have been. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit and will definitely look forward to seeing you next time. Will welcome you in true Irish style. Lots of best wishes to you.
Kind Regards. Marie

Reviewed December 8, 2011

Everything about the Henry's Boutique Hotel can only be described as exeptional. We can not praise Marie and her hospitality enough, even it was only one night. Our Room was stunning. Very luxurious, komfortable and spacious with great Views over the cliffs Area. The breakfast that we had at the Small luxury Hotel was delicious. The Service and food was on par with that of a high Class Location, not at all you would expect from a 5 Star Restaurant. We also took advantage of the fabulous Living Area with an Open Fire and high end class Music Equipment. We will definitely be revisiting the Henry's Boutique Hotel in the Future just to Receive a touch of luxury and to feel pampered. Our Special and warm thank you to Marie. Kind regards, Mina and Hans Joachim

Room Tip: Ehen you have a chance, try to Visit the Reviews and Hotel Description.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Mina and Hans, Thank you for your great review of Henrys. It is so encouraging when people take the time to write a review. On your way to visit your daugher in Killarney you stopped off to visit this little part of the world. And it was great to meet you both. You really enjoyed being here and that is always a pleasure for me to see. You took a little trip in to Clonakilty at night time and had a wonderful dinner in the well established, award winning fish restaurant, An Sugan, where Denis looked after you so well. I knoe you will pop back over from Germany at some stage, and I will look forward to seeing you. Hope you found youe Daughter well and happy aupaiiring in Killarney. Take care. Very best wishes. Marie

Reviewed November 3, 2011

I have been to West Cork and I have seen the light.....!

It is difficult to imagine a more spectacular setting for a quite break by the sea. Henry’s Boutique Accommodation at Castlefreke (close to Clonakilty, West Cork) is an absolute must for anyone seeking an Irish hideaway. Not alone is this uniquely appointed contemporary property in a truly magical setting with an undisturbed sea view; but there is also the most wonderful, caring and welcoming host that is Marie Henry. As Owner, Operator, Cook (worthy of a Michelin star), Tour Guide, Local Historian, Friend and Companion, Marie will make it all happen.
Whilst it is not easy to leave the house, it does serve as an ideal base for daytrips across west Cork and south Kerry. Check it out and ENJOY. I will be back.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kettled
Marie H, Owner at Henry's Boutique Destination, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2011

Hi all. Thank you for your positive review. It was my pleasure to look after you as a family, with your wonderful, well behaved, delightful homeschooled young adults. Proved a great experience for me. I enjoyed them choosing their prefered rooms and rearranging. When I think of them they put a smile on my face. It is a great base here for guests to explore West Cork and take wonderful day trips, and you were no exception to do so. Will look forward to another time of enjoyed when you visit again. Kind Regards. Marie.

Reviewed October 20, 2011

We had a wonderful relaxing two day break at Henry's under the care of Marie. From the warm greeting accompanied with a wonderful open wood fire in the guest lounge to the wonderful ever changing view across the bay.

We were made to feel most welcome at all times.

Complimentary modern decor in the bedroom and the ensuite adds to the ambience of peacefulness of the location.

The breakfast - well ! A well provisioned gourmet delight with award winning secret organic porridge recipe ( instant success with non traditional porridge eaters) . No need to eat lunch.

Many nice walking options available depending on the weather and the inclination to actually get out and do something.

Essential to have a vehicle to explore West Cork and especially visit the many small villages, pubs and bays that are located in this beautiful part of the world.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Marie H, Owner at Henry's Boutique Destination, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2011

Dear Jenny and Denis,
Thank you for your review and so glad you enjoyed your time here. It was such a pleasure to have you stay, and we all enjoyed the Australian/Irish Rugby match on the Saturday morning. You were so generous in your good wishes to Ireland when we won. Thanks for that. Ah, the porridge. It has proved to be a winner with the accompanments. Hope all is well and will look forward to a possible further visit to Ireland from you in the future.
Kind Regards.