“reasonable prices for a very substantial quality”

Dunes Pub and Bistro
Ranked #10 of 47 Restaurants in Clonakilty
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed April 2, 2013

this bistro has "atmosphere", and although in a vey large hotel, makes you feel you are in Ireland: gbentleness of the staff, quick service (if you want it) and excellent food often served on slate dishes.

There are newer reviews for Dunes Pub and Bistro

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have to say first of all I am a big fan of this hotel, so much so that we had our wedding reception here. This makes me more disappointed in the Dunes restaurant. We visited on a wet and windy Sunday. The place was very quiet so you would have expected attentive service. After finding a table we waited 20 minutes for our order to be taken. The food iteslf when it came was very good. Everyone was satisied with quality and quantity. We then however had to wait and wait and wait on our coffees, so much so that in the end we gave up and just settled our bill. I have the say the service totally ruined our experience and we will not be returning. A real shame because it is a really fine location.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

the food is fantastic - the fish was amazing but the menu is very varied for those who dont like fish. Great atmosphere day or night. Staff are great - very inviting,

Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you can ignore the pirate statue and some other slighly off key decor which does not connect at all with the rest of the hotel then you are in for a treat food wise. We had an amazing lobster and chips dinner here which was top class. It can get very busy at certain times but the staff do a great job in trying to accomodate everyone. The wall around the outside dining area is a big mistake I feel as it creates a solid barrier between the patio and the views of the beach and maybe a glass wall would have been a better solution.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had a lunch there last saturday (14th October), the weather was lovely and played its part, but the food...oh the food!
Both me and my wife had lobsters, it was absolutely delicious! If I could have licked my dish I would have done it!!! Our lovely daughter had a medallion beef burger that was good and tender, in fact she ate it all.

We had a great time and we will definitely be back soon.