“A bit disappointing”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We were so looking forward to visiting this restaurant because both friends and local family raved about the food. But our summer lunch was a real disappointment. The menu was very limited and there was only one waitress which meant service was pretty poor.
We were expecting a real taste treat, but the menu was very short and a bit pricey to be honest, for what was on offer.
I had three tiny pieces of brown bread with different cheeses toasted on top served with a little salad and the only really note-worthy item was a green tomato relish. At €9.50, it just wasn't worth it. My husband had a seafood spring roll and crab cake, which was €12.50. This was a slightly more substantial portion, but disappointingly not that special. Deserts were better, but just overall a bit of an anti-climax.
We did have a look at the evening menu and that looked great, but lunch was nothing special.
With the bill coming to just under €50 with two soft drinks and a tea and coffee, we wouldn't recommend it.
Also, toilets had no soap in the dispensers.
Really, could do better.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Fantastic restaurant, food perfect with plenty of choice and ambience lovely, great selection of wine

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

We went to west cork for few days over the august bank holiday weekend and we really loved it.
This restaurant has such good reviews that we couldn't resist.

Given the good weather we decided to go to this restaurant for lunch. The location is second to none but I am afraid I couldn't say the same for the service or the food. The portions are tiny and the menu very average and the prices well inflated!

What a disappointment!

1  Thank beachholidays08
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We had 2 starters as our lunch - fish cake & crab salad, both very tasty, left us wanting more! Bill - just under €20. Menu looked lovely (Sunday lunch). Would definitely go back for a full meal. (probably advisable to book in advance - we hadn't! )

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I have eaten in restaurants across the globe from the US to Australia and I must say that Deasy's is one of the best I have been in. The subtle flavours of perfectly cooked fish dishes (I had two, a starter of crab toes with harissa butter and tabouli, and a salmon main) matched with a recommended pinot grigio followed by light hazelnut tart with creme fraiche and raspberry coulis -all were delicious.
The staff was friendly without being obtrusive and I felt I could trust their recommendations.
We booked late at this very popular spot by the sea and were made feel that our comfort was all important. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Niall12344