“Incredibly disappointing and filthy! ”

Deasy's Pub & Fish Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Clonakilty
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, European, Pub
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Incredibly disappointing and filthy! ”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

My family and I have always in the past, been huge fans of Deasys restaurant. However our last visit was a huge disappointment.
The entire dinning area was filthy and could have done with a good clean. Sticky tables, greasy floors ( I almost slipped twice coming back from the bathroom) , candle wax splashed everywhere and you couldn't see out of the windows as they were thick with dirt. Uncomfortable table and chairs that you can't get your knees under and hard chairs with thin little cushions just so your back will at you the following day! Those tables and chairs should be in a skip not in a high end restaurant!
Our meal was average and was massively over priced .
It appears that Deasys is just coasting along on its long gone reputation and hiding behind a rustic style look. Won't be going again unless things change vastly!

4 Thank Karen2306

Cork, Ireland
“Yum Yum”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Had dinner there last night - absolutely fantastic. Food cooked to perfection, beautiful setting, really friendly staff - will definately be back :-)

• Visited July 2014
Bangor Co Down
“What a great Retaurant”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Went for the early bird meal as we like to eat early, and what a menu everything I would have asked for. We had booked two days previous and am I glad we did. Service from the minute we entered until we left was excellent. The food was equally as good as the service, we had a fish cake starter and a Ling fish main, each dish was cooked to perfection. Could not find a fault in any aspect, excellent. Anyone thinking of going please book in advance as it filled in no time at all. Will be back and would recommend it to anyone.

Visited July 2014
Cork, Ireland
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Following much publicly, I took some family to lunch mid-week to mark a special occasion. What a 'let down' to discover that the lunch on offer only consisted of soup, open sandwiches or a number of tapas plates..... Obviously, they do not employ a Chef/Cook at lunchtime, expect to do business based on recent positive evening reviews based on easily put together snacks I could easily have put together in my own kitchen.

I found the service civil, bordering on arrogant but not at all friendly or welcoming.

Disappointing and overpriced for what we got. The window sills adjoining our dining table were filthy and in the need of a wash. Caked candle grease on the candlestick appeared unclean and unpleasant.

In summary, unfriendly, overpriced and disappointing. Lovely location with lots of potential - a little effort would easily correct the above shortcomings.

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank Rod1015
Killarney, Ireland
“OMG Amazing”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I had heard so many amazing things about this place and it measured up and then some . Incredible location , relaxed and lovely atmosphere , great staff and some of the best food I have ever eaten . If this place was near where I live I would eat here every day . The fish spring roll, I still dream about.

• Visited May 2014