“Great place”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had the early bird menu. The fish course the night we went was haddock with french beans. Didn't sound that exciting but it was absolutely delicious. There were so many different flavour sensations on the plate. The lime pannacotta with strawberries finished the meal off beautifully. Among many excellent meals eaten in West Cork on our 2 week holiday, this was the best

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Wonderful fresh fish, great location, friendly staff, terrific view over Clonakilty harbour. Would go again like a shot

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Very good food in a pub atmosphere. Very little parking. Expensive so go for the early bird before 6.45.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Only if you make me, by twisting my arm and causing me pain, will I tell you about this amazing place. It was already hard enough to get a seat, without telling the world how fabulous it is! So, we arrived, place fully booked, but because of gorgeous Irish waitresses, OH decides we need to wait for a table. I'm fine with the decision, they are lovely to me too... and, the drinks prices are really reasonable.
A table becomes free fairly quickly and the food arrives. I'm sorry, but Rick Stein, eat your heart out. London restaurants, posh fish nosh, anywhere I have ever eaten is beaten hands down by the food here. The fish is caught almost outside the door and the chef makes the very best of the catch. Apparently she is called Caitlin Ruth, she's been there a while... and they don't intend letting her go... anywhere! Parking can be a little tricky, as can getting a table, but walk here, nick someone else's table... anything, since its a must. Enjoy!

2  Thank chapeluser
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This unpretentious fish restaurant on a country road running along the edge of Clonakilty Bay, five minutes from the town by car, serves mouth-watering fresh food in a casual and relaxed 'old Irish pub' environment. It is a must for any foodies visiting the area.