“Brilliant and Inspirational”

Ballymaloe Cookery School
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I came on this course with an open mind. I have always wanted to do a cooking course and having stayed at Ballymaloe House a year ago and eaten the food I knew if I was going to do a cooking course then this is the only one to do. If you want to learn how to cook the best home cooked food you hardly ever eat then this is the course for you.

With one week to go before I finish the 12 week course I can safely say I have no regrets at all. If anything the course has been much better than I thought it was going to be and my expectations were pretty high when I signed up. All the school asks is that you are in interested in food. You may not know how to chop an onion correctly at the beginning (like me) but if you want to learn then they will do all they can to teach you as much as they can. There is never any skimping on the ingredients and if you have a particular interest in lets say butchery or smoking fish then Darina Allen will arrange for you to get some experience.

The 12 week course is intensive as they say but boy is it fantastic. It has changed my life and given me so many fantastic memories so if you are up for an adventure and prepared to throw yourself into it in every way then come to Shanagarry and have an experience of a lifetime.

5  Thank bruno_kemp
"techniques"
in 3 reviews
"folder"

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I did the 12 week Ballymaloe Cookery Course. I have to say without doubt or hesitation these were among the best 12 weeks of my life so far.

I learned so much and stuffed myself with the most beautiful organic foods for 12 weeks.

The setting on the all organic farm was stunning. i loved going to pick my vegetables fresh from the green houses in the mornings.

The course was also excellent I walked in to job as a pastry chef in Harvey Nicholls after I completed it. And learned so much from the incredible staff!

To anyone who is considering doing this course it is worth every penny. I will always remember and cherish the time I spent in Ballymaloe

3  Thank elise1988
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Cookery school does wood fired pizzas on a Saturday. Delicious and extremely reasonably priced. Best pizza I've ever had.

2  Thank Doyle123
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Claims to be the only cooking school in the world surrounded by its own 100 acre organic garden. Founded by Ms Darina Allen, a dynamic woman who also writes a few legendary cook books on Irish traditional cooking.

2  Thank OpheliaChan