“Was I in Cornwall?”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Murphs Tavern is situated with superb views across a creek with yachts bobbing in the sunshine! The scenery reminded me very much of the Helford area in Cornwall. Plenty of parking for us on a Sunday in May but I am sure this could be a problem on a very sunny day. The menu selection did not disappoint and I thoroughly enjoyed my Trio of Fish - hake, place and cod with a very delicate sauce served on a bed of champ flavoured with sun dried tomato. The roast beef looked excellent too.

The staff are very friendly and it was a restaurant I will return to during my next visit to Cork.

1  Thank louisehertfordshire

Reviewed March 20, 2014

we go to murphs tavern on a regular basis we have never been disappointed the food is always fantastic & plentiful.The staff are extremely friendly.The view is amazing and the fire in the winter is so welcoming we find it hard to go away from there.

1  Thank caroline911
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I visited these premises yesterday and having heard so much about the quality of food, I must say I was disappointed.

In ordering plaice for main course, was looking forward to succulent fish and in the fish I wasn't disappointed but to say it was served with only mini roast potatoes, no salad or no vegetables, made the dish uninviting and expensive.

I then tried the homemade Lemon Tart, to say the pastry base was thicker than the lemon filling on top was again disappointing and served with just a scoop of ice cream on top.

Someone in the kitchen needs a lesson of presentation

Very disappointing for a fine premises in a beautiful setting

1  Thank 4887Catherine
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Murphs pub located round east ferry.lovely spot in the summer time.food v nice and staff friendly.would recent it to my family and friends

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Had a lovely time on New Year's Eve 2013 thanks for the glass of bubbly and meal was lovely service and staff helpful and Laura as always remembers what we like