“Great all rounder”

Raymond's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 55 Restaurants in Midleton
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located 50 meters from Midleton Heritage centre serving Lunch Early Bird and Dinner
Cork, Ireland
“Great all rounder”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

I have eaten at Raymond's on a few occasions for lunch and evening meal, everything is good here lovely seafood dishes highlighting east Corks gorgeous fresh fish and meat dishes always cooked to my preference .. Medium rare is medium rare.. So many places get this wrong. Lovely selection of wines and even nicer staff the girls couldn't be nicer.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank EastCorkFoodie

“Fabulous food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

My coeliac friend and I were spoilt for choice by the fabulous menu, wonderful staff and fabulous food. Have eaten here often and it never disappoints.
Niamh

Cork
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Wonderful Experience ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I am new to trip advisor, but joined in order to share my wonderful experience in this restaraunt...

I was greeted by its warm, jolly owner who seated me personally. I was having a rough enough day and this brightened it up.
I ordered the Seabass for main with a nice glass of white wine....and they both arrived timely. I was spontaneously brought a complimentary sorbet before my main course. A nice touch....as I was beginning to feel overwhelmed by the little Christmas women swarming in. The wild berry crumble desert was terrific.
To my delight....the quality remained high throughout with top class friendly service.

A truly enjoyable experience for a Solo male on little Christmas. I would highly recommend Raymond's.

1 Thank Ballinrostig20
“Raymond is rude!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

To be fair the waitresses here are fab, the food is also good, but Raymond the owner has to be the most rude & unhelpful man ever!
Because of his attitude myself my family & friends will not be returning here again.

Visited December 2013
6 Thank Gabrielle201
Bantry, Ireland
“Worth travelling for.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

Found this place just alongside the distillery as we were heading in. We booked there and then as it was a Saturday & were very glad we did as it was hopping later that evening. Met the owner, lovely gent who sat us at our table and advised us on the menu. Food was excellent, presented well & fresh fish was used for my partners meal. Although the restaurant was full the service was busy, not rushed, which speaks well of the staff.

Tables were a little close for intimacy though, perhaps the strategic sacrifice of a few particular tables would up the romance a notch. A select area for pre-booked couples, slightly more plush might be worth looking at.

I have returned twice since when I have been in Cork, choosing to travel out of the city to Midleton. Good food is worth the effort!

• Visited August 2013