“Great day at Jameson.”

and up
Jameson Experience in County Cork
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Midleton
More attraction details
Owner description: Ireland’s largest whiskey distillery is the perfect place to immerse yourself in the world of Jameson Irish whiskey. From guided tours to whiskey tastings, the Jameson Distillery, Midleton caters for all who look to learn more about our famous Irish spirit.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Springfield, Massachusetts
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Great day at Jameson.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I am a solo traveler staying in Cork, and one of my day trips was to the Jameson distillery in Midleton. When I got there it was fairly quiet and there was a half hour til the next tour. About 15 minutes later, a huge tour group showed up and it was basically 50 people who spoke another language.... and me. I was worried about this, feeling a bit "fish out of water", but my tour guide really made me feel included and she picked me as one of the 8 volunteers at the end to do a whiskey tasting, which was very enjoyable and a great memory to take away... also a good souvenir as they give you an "official whiskey taster" certificate if you're one of the chosen volunteers. They had shown the video to the group earlier in another language, I believe, so I got to watch the video on my own at the end of my tour, while enjoying a whiskey and ginger. It could have been disastrous but the extraordinarily nice people at Jameson made it a really nice day for me!

Visited April 2013
Distillerynews, Manager at The Jameson Experience, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear visitor,
Thanks for the fantastic review of your recent visit to the Jameson Experience Midleton. We pride ourselves in ensuring that every visitor who walks through our door gets a personal experience and feels welcome , so it is great to hear that you felt this was evident. We are also delighted to hear that you enjoyed the tasting experience too!
We hope you continue to enjoy our whiskey.
Slainte!

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“my birthday trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

went here with friends for my 65th birthday treat,we all had a very interesting tour and our guide made the tour enjoyable with all her knowledge of the history of the factory.If you enjoy a whisky you will appreciate it all the more knowing how it is made.A special treat at the end of the tour is a taste of Jameson whisky if you want it.My special treat was my friends bought me a 12 year old bottle of whisky with my name on it for my birthday.so it was a memorable visit.

Visited April 2013
Killarney, Ireland
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Nice Tipple”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

if your in the area this is an attraction you must see. The lady that took our group around was very informative I think her name was Murphy(not a surprise) The drink at the end of the tour is a nice touch

Visited January 2013
96 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“once in a lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

i still today alk about my experiencefrom years ago. seeing the grounds of jameson. at the end they let tetors for you to decide what whiskey is better. of course its jameson!

Visited September 2012
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Better than Dublin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

This is about a 25 minute drive outside cork where we stayed. Much more to see than the one in Dublin. It's an inside /outside tour so bring a jacket.

Visited March 2013