“Don't miss going for a meal here!”

O'Donovan's Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 55 Restaurants in Midleton
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ireland
“Don't miss going for a meal here!”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

This is really fantastic - well chosen, seasonal menu, well trained staff and very personal attention from the owner. It is worth every cent.

Visited May 2012

Ireland
“Gorgeous Meal”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I went during the week for the Early Bird Menu for €25 and it was one of the nicest meals we have had out in a long time.
I had the Monkfish Scampi for Starter. This was served in a shell with Pea Puree and a gorgeous dressing.
I had the Duck for main course. This was served on a bed of champ with red cabbage. There was also Broccoli, Carrot and Parsnip Mash and a herbed potato.
I had the Raspberry and Chocolate Tartlet served with a raspberry coulis for dessert and it was divine.
There was tea or coffee served with this.
This was a fantastic menu for an Early Bird. It is served Tuesday to Friday until 7.30pm and I will definitely go back there with my husband soon so he can try it out.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank CarrigGirl
Midleton, Ireland
“Just superb - great value, great food”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Went to Donovan's last week, had a great evening. Arrived at 7:15 so got the early bird which was fantastic value at €25 for 3 courses and coffee. Early bird menu was still offering great choice and also handwritten, like the ala carte. Certainly we were not restricted in our choices. Starters were pate (up with the best we have ever tasted, melt in the mouth stuff) and a wonderful goat’s cheese tartlet on salad. I had lamb which was very good and my better half had duck - again faultless. Finally I had a wonderful cappuccino cup for desert followed by great coffees. Pat, the owner was very friendly and the place was full. (on a Tuesday night) up to 8.30. House merlot was lovely, there was no rush on us to get out, great atmosphere, very relaxed and great food. Keep up the good work!

• Visited March 2012
cork
“Only ok”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Was very cold the night we went in,got a pork dish in a pastry and it was awful,i just pushed it around my plate. Another time i got scampi and it looked like chicken nuggets with a bit of salad ,i won't be back

Visited November 2011
1 Thank clio412000
Cork, Ireland
“Expensive but worth it”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Excellent food from local ingredients. Expensive but worth every penny. Good for special occasions.