“Nice informal spot. Conveniently situated.”
Review of Finin's Restaurant

Finin's Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 60 Restaurants in Midleton
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Finin O'Sullivan's thriving bar and restaurant in the centre of Midleton town has long been a popular place for locals to meet for a drink and to eat some good wholesome food. The entrance is bright and cheery, painted in pillarbox red and white, and the theme is continued inside, where black topped tables are simply set up with the basics needed for a meal. This attractive, no-nonsense place offers a wide range of popular home-made dishes, mostly based on local produce notably fresh seafood from Ballycotton and harbour steaks, also old favourites like a well-made Irish Stew; evening menus are more extensive and include some more specialities including roast duckling. Good short wine list.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Ate here with friends back in Oct. We were starved and only had about 45 mins to spare. Finin's is on the main street so we parked right in front which was convenient. Chilled out vibe downstairs but it was pretty full so we were seated upstairs. I had the mussles. Tasty but a tad gritty. Hubbie had steak which he devoured and adored. Generous portions. Was a little crowed upstairs and I felt the tables were a little close together but the service and food made up for this. Guinness is also good!

Overall a nice experience and I would go back if I were in Midleton in the future.

1  Thank Bead007

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We passed by most of the places to eat to eat in Midleton on a Thursday night, either due to not being a fan of Chinese menus and not wanting to sit in the car eating Fish and Chips. We came across Finin's and wasn't sure whether they'd still be serving food at almost 9pm, but went in and asked.

What struck me most about Finin's was the fact that it was so clean and very nicely furnished inside. No rips on the seats, no stains, tables very clean.

We sat down two tables away from the door, didn't need to worry about any draft from the door as the place was nice and warm inside. I'm a bit of a fussy eater so the menu was a bit fancy for me, but I went with the Sirloin steak and was really glad I did. It was delicious. My Girlfriend went for the Turkey and Ham, which she enjoyed also. Both were served very quickly.

For desserts we both went for the homemade ice cream and coulis, again very nice.

At first I thought the food was on the expensive side, but after receiving the bill it actually cost no more for two meals than it would have at any other restaurant and for the quality of food and service, you couldn't argue.

Another thing that was apparent to me was that Finin himself took the time to wander round and speak to people. They might have been regulars, but even so it's a rarity for such personal service these days and the fact that there were so many regulars in the premises means the food must be consistent and the service friendly.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is a great place to eat if you like good fresh food. We could not complain about the food or service. Steak was great and sea food platter was terrific.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

we were given a voucher for a meal and had never been - we were taken upstairs where no-one else was sitting, the window was open (it was a freezing jan night) and the food was awful. we wanted to get out quick so couldnt be bothered sending it back. wouldnt ever go again.

2  Thank CheshireBasil
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

The best food to be had in Midleton, a real gem of a restaurant. Slightly more expensive than some other restaurants in the area but as they say you get what you pay for and at Finins you get a fantastic meal along with great service and a relaxed atmosphere.

1  Thank Sandman91