Sage Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 59 Restaurants in Midleton
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sage restaurant is based on a 12 mile ethos were we create dishes from produce within a 12 mile area from the restaurant . We also have a cafe/wine & beer hub The Greenroom & a large outdoor area with food service
Reviewed August 12, 2014

The food in this restaurant is beyond words. I have been going to this restaurant since it first opened and people think I must have shares in the place as I rave about it so much. Sadly I don't, I am not even on first name basis but I don't mind. Two things I love about this restaurant is that the ingredients are so fresh, most are locally sourced and the flavours. My only gripe is it is pricey not for the standard of food it produces but for my budget. I think it is only time before this restaurant gets a Michelin Star which it deserves but lets hope there still be room for the little guys. If you want understand what Michel Roux jnr or Gregg Wallace experience when they sample a dish that they totally enjoy then I think the food in sage is a must.

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here on a few occasions and can honestly say its one of the best I have eaten in so far.lovely food superbly presented and all from a 12 mile radius. Staff know their stuff and can answer any question thats put to them.Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

My husband and I have eaten in sage a number of times recently and always enjoyed ourselves. Beautifully presented food all locally sourced and great selection of flavours. We will certainly be back

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Upon arriving the restaurant seemed very dull and dark, not a great first impression, The staff also did not present a great impression, giving off an air of cockiness, presenting us with nothing but a mumbled greeting and filthy looks on arrival, seeming as if they seemed put out by serving us The menu was a very "different" kind of menu, nothing straight forward all somewhat exotic overexplained, and highly overpriced foods which werent to my liking, and the kids menu seemed very dull, so after a lengthy browse we decided to leave (to more contempt from the staff) Anyway if eating overexplained foods in an overdone restaurant surrounded by the hippy types in a hard to find location is your thing, work away :)

5  Thank DarraghOSull92
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Had an evening meal in Sage which we enjoyed although the kids were quite limited in their choice, which disappointed our 7 year old son who enjoys trying different foods! Nice setting but no obvious location, as we only found it after receiving a recommendation from someone.