“Quality Local Produce = Top Class Food”
Review of Sage Restaurant

Sage Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 61 Restaurants in Midleton
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Sage restaurant is based on a 12 mile ethos were we create dishes from produce within a 12 mile area from the restaurant . We also have a cafe/wine & beer hub The Greenroom & a large outdoor area with food service
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Just came across the little Restaurant by chance and I glad we did. Great ambiance and relaxing atmosphere. As for the food well I was very impressed with the menu small but good choices. I had the hake and my wife the burger and both lived up to my high standards. The Hake rested on a bed of potatoe croutons with a tomatoe salsa mixed through, very fresh and great variety of flavours. Portion was big. Tasted the burger and that too didn't disappoint and was accompanyed by some lovely home make chips and nice fresh salad. They also had a great variety of beers and wine. Desert was equally as good as the mains with bursting flavours. Top class food.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great for "Adult" food - Not many kiddy options, which can make or break a meal out !!.
Portion size a bit small, was not full after 2 courses, especially desert, a very thin slice of tart.
Atmosphere ok only

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Really like this restaurant and we went there on 16th Feb 2013. We ordered a chicken tag for our son - and it arrived without the chicken. A goats cheese salad for my husband - arrived without the goats cheese? What was going on? Lovely food tho - and when it all finally arrived - we enjoyed it. :-)

Reviewed February 17, 2013

The reason i am giving Sage a very good rating is because we have had two good lunches there before, but were very disappointed last time. We had the fish dish (hake) beautifully cooked but the meal was tiny really mean. So decided to have some rustic chips to compensate and when they arrived they were really rubbish( all little burned bits) so sent them back complained to the waitress who didnt apologise at all, we actually felt like we were in the wrong. we did get more chips but felt really short changed. A pity really as Sage is a nice restaurant with a nice atmosphere. Maybe some of the staff need to learn how to recieve complaints as well as compliments.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Myself and my husband had lunch here today. It was our first visit but wont be our last. The service was excellent, very attentive without being overbearing. Pleasant, friendly staff. The kitchen was in view for all to see. Lovely choice on the menu and on the specials board.
My husband had the carrot and fennel soup followed by the beef stew, he said it was the best he has ever tasted.
I had the chili beef, my mouth is still tingling from the flavours. It was superb. I had the homemade icecream with meringue,lemon,blueberry,and chocolate, without doubt the best I have tasted, and I have tasted icecream all over the world.
They have a wonderful selection of craft beers and ciders, my husband sampled the Longueville House cider,and declared it delicious. We had 2 coffees to finish..
49 euros excluding tip, great value.
We cant wait to return here and highly recommend it.