“A piece of heaven.”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mallow
Cork, Ireland
“A piece of heaven.”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I recently had the good fortune to have a two day break in The Springfort Hall Country Manor.
From the moment we arrived we were treated like we were VIPs.
The staff are exceptional. Nothing was a problem. They worked hard to create a real break from the real world.
We had dinner and breakfast x2.Couldn't fault it.
The room was the nicest I have stayed in. They took on board that I didn't like those closed windows that you find so often and gave us a room with two windows that open.. A beautiful , fresh and very comfortable room.
The surrounding gardens make you feel like you are in another world. A peaceful, relaxed world.
I would highly recommend this hotel, if its a quite and luxurious break away.
Will defiantly be returning.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Cath555222

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Start with the positives... Lovely friendly and helpful staff, beautiful setting in the country side. Food was excellent but a little rushed...we had a set menu which was also part of our foodie escape... I should have asked for the a la carte menu. I must admit I was a little jealous of other diners !!
The rooms are big and spacious and clean but need a lot more attention to detail for a 4* hotel. The bathrooms whilst spacious are a bit tired and could do with a deep steam clean.
Breakfast was good fresh and plentiful. All in all an enjoyable stay

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ireland
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had been given a gift voucher for a "Foodie" escape in Springfort Hall - which consisted of Prosecco and handmade chocolates on arrival, a 5 course gourmet meal and breakfast the next morning. I decided to book a 2nd night to make full weekend of it. On arrival we found the girls on reception very pleasant and friendly. On inspection of our room I came to the conclusion that the cleaning staff are not very thorough, there was a stain on the back of the door from the spring and cobwebs in the bathroom. Anything in eyeliner and below was clean. The upside was the bed was huge. The handmade chocolates were sitting in the room but as it was 29degress had started to melt.
And so to our gourmet meal - there was a set menu with no choice of starter or dessert and only a choice of 3 items - 2 Beef and 1 fish. I did ask for salmon which wasn't on the menu and there was no problem with this. I found the 2 women who were on service that night were very stressed - there was only 8 tables of 2 to be served and having worked in hotels and restaurants i couldnt understand why they seemed stressed and also found them badly trained, stretching across my husband to put veg on the table dragging her towel through his dinner. The food was ok but not gourmet.
In all it was an ok weekend which could have been fantastic as the house itself is beautiful and set in beautiful scenery. The lack of attention of a true 4 star hotel lets Springfort Hall down.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank flinnky
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I attended a family wedding and stayed in Springfort Hall for three nights. It is an old country house with rooms added on. The rooms are not 4 star standard at all, very basic rooms. The hotel is a fabulous setting for a wedding and if you get the weather, then it is even better. We ate in the hotel a few times over the weekend and the food was lovely. The manager was very helpful and accomodating but I found alot of the staff unhelpful and I found myself having to ask a numerous of times for things to be done, which should not happen in a 4star. I feel the staff let the hotel down.
I would highly recommend the hotel as a wedding venue, as the room setting is really nice and the food is highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Irishnic1982
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Attended the hotel for evening lunch . Tables dirty staff running around trying to take orders! to a very full bar . Food very disappointing and for the price we paid not worth it . I'm afraid I won't be going back in a hurry . Bathrooms !!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank burberr
Dublin
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We have just returned from a family wedding in the hotel and can' nt say enough about the wonderful time we had. Nothing was to much trouble when the staff were asked for anything and the attention given to the bridal couple was excellent. We also ate in the hotel a couple of times and the food in the bar was lovely. As the weather was lovely the drinks reception was held on the lawn and it was lovely. Hope we can return for another wedding or stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2013

i stayed in this 4 star hotel last Thursday, the first room I got was dirty, glasses in the bathroom had not been washed and cobwebs in every corner. I was given another room which looked clean at first glance,turned out the paint was peeling off the ceiling in the bathroom,the bathroom door would not close , the fittings in the bathroom were loose ( missing screws). The electric heater had exposed wires on the cable. so much for 4 stars.....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sean7171
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mallow
Charleville Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Charleville
Douglas
Maryborough Hotel & Spa

Been to Springfort Hall Country House? Share your experiences!