“Never again”

Ranked #7 of 26 Restaurants in Mallow
Cuisines: Deli, Irish, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In a secluded woodland setting in Cork's Blackwater Valley, Springfort Hall Hotel has an old-fashioned charm ideal for romantic getaways or discreet business meetings. The hotel's seductive dark-walled restaurant adds to the intimate ambience, with a succulent menu of international flavours. Typically imaginative dishes include Chinese-style roasted duck with a caramelised kumquat sauce and roasted fillet of ostrich and camel on a raz el hanout bread and potato cake. The Head Chefs make frequent trips to local farmers' markets in search of inspiration for their original and traditional recipes. The team believes that it is easy to cook and create great dishes with first class ingredients and this promise to use the best produce is the philosophy behind the Springfort Hall dining experience.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My family & i went to Springfort hall for a meal to celebrate my parents wedding anniversary. We were brought into the bar area where a lovely waitress took our order. We were invited into the main dining area once our food was ready. We had the dining area to ourselves which was great! Thats the only good thing i have to say about the place!
3 of us had ordered starters of garlic mushrooms, these came out "very well done". We then waited 20mins for the waitress to clear our tables and an extra 40mins waiting for our mains. My dad ordered a steak well done and when it arrived it was rare so we had to send it back. We all had our main courses finished and my dad still hadn't received his dinner. After about 45mins my brother got up and went into the kitchen himself to ask where was the dinner as no waitress came near us. When my brother walked into the kitchen there was about 5 people sitting on the counter, when my brother asked where my dads dinner was he was told they knew nothing about it. They had to start his dinner from scratch.
After my dad finished his meal, we asked the waitress for menus for desserts. I was sorry I did, we sat there for 30mins and she never came back with the menus. We decided enough was enough, so we decided to leave. I then spent another 20mins looking for the waitress, a receptionist, basically anyone who could give us our bill. There was no-one around. I was about to walk out as I was so angry and disgusted with the service we received at Springfort but the receptionist came along. I asked her for the bill and she had to go find the waitress that served us, which took another 15mins. I was beginning to think I'd never get out of the place.
There was a wedding on in Springfort Hall when we went out for our meal. I think Springfort are not able to run the restaurant efficiently when they have the added pressures of a wedding. My advice to anyone who's thinking of booking a table is to enquire first if they have a wedding, if they do I would certainly not go for a meal there. This is the second time this has happened to me and my family,( twice too many), I won't be booking a meal out there ever again.

norah5Cork, General Manager at Springfort Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

I, Paul Walsh, General Manager at Springfort Hall Hotel would like to thank you for taking the time to review your dining experience at our hotel. I am shocked and extremely upset in reading your experience at Springfort Hall Hotel.

At Springfort Hall Hotel we pride ourselves on service and positive guest experiences however following your review I feel the need to investigate the points raised and overall see this as an extremely serious service issue.

Bearing this in mind I would be very grateful if you could contact me directly to discuss this matter further in order for me to investigate the situation that has arisen

Please contact me at Springfort Hall Hotel on 022 21278

I look forward to hearing from you

Kind Regards

Paul Walsh

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We had stayed before on a business trip 4 yrs ago and really enjoyed a nice quiet room and good food, this time on arrival, the hotel looked tired and needed to be tidied and rooms updated, rooms and bathroom functional , but slowly falling behind with standards, food was ok, staff and service was great but money needs to be spent to bring the hotel up to a standard you really want to go and stay in. Dont think we shall be back.

1  Thank Girvin57
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Twenty four of us stopped here for an evening meal after a day's outing.
Atter drinks at the bar, we enjoyed our 4 course meal.
The starters were tasty and appetising.
The main courses were excellent, and everyone was satisfied.
The desserts were great and these were followed by tea or coffee.
There were no complaints from any of this two dozen fussy gentlemen.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Here is a Hotel and Restaurant for all occasions. You can get a top class lunch, formal dinner, B&B, Wedding reception or any kind of social event catered for in the same excellent and professional manner. I have attended all types in this Country House Hotel located in a beautiful part of North Cork near Doneraile

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Food is average and portions are small. Staff are friendly but not overly helpful.

Some of the tables are so small you cant get your legs underneath and im not a tall person

1  Thank Lawrence F