Riverside Park Hotel
Blarney Hotel & Golf Resort(Blarney)(Great Value!)
$106
$130
$169
$164
TripAdvisor
Gougane Barra Hotel(Gougane Barra)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfreshly cooked breakfastoverlooking the riverenjoyable staycold buffetfamily roomduty managerfollowing morningspacious roombar restaurantstayed here for two nightsdouble bedwest corkwould highly recommend this hotelbreakfast was excellentsconeswaderskillarney
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here this easter weekend with my family and we were made feel welcome from the start. The staff are extremely friendly and we had food in the bar on our first night. The food was excellent and like a real homemade meal. The breakfast was also excellent and staff very good and accommodating. I know the hotel was great value and it certainly punches way above its weight however there could be a bit of activities for kids around the place and the noise from other rooms was very noticeable ( I am sure the noise from my room was as bad considering I had small kids in room). No tv in the bar either but im sure there might be a reason for this ? Overall a great stay and the tickets for the toy soldier factory was a great touch.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We bought a deal for this hotel on Living Social as we had never visited the town of Macroom before. We stayed here for 2 evenings (2 adults and 2 kids). First impression of hotel was really lovely however we were just slightly bewildered of where the hotel entrance was located (a little sign would have been a good idea). Hotel lobby very clean and welcoming and staff very very friendly. Bedroom was lovely and spacious. Breakfast each morning was simple and delicious, a lovely aroma of freshly cooked scones and croissants each morning. Fantastic coffee and a lovely hot food selection that came fresh from the kitchen and not left to wilt in a bain marie, and nothing was too much trouble for them to make (within reason). The hotel location was superb as only 25 minutes from Cork City and 25 minutes from Killarney, so we had the best of both counties. Macroom has a lovely little town, some lovely shops, a playpark for kids and a stunning on street market every tuesday selling local produce. We also received complimentary tickets for the Toy Soldier Factory (www.princeaugust.ie) where the boys got to make and paint their own soldiers. Only one small criticism is that the hotel is in need of some TLC and a fresh paint job but we would definately visit here again. One small item to note: no swimming pool or leisure facilities and no kiddie facilities, however the village does have lots of amenities to offer.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank nettie1974
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed n this hotel for the second time a week ago and it was just as good as the first time. The reception staff could not do more, very good value, paper included in the morning which many more expensive hotels don't provide. Rooms overlooking the river worth asking for. Very clean and excellent value. Could not recommend highly enough.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerRSP, General Manager at Riverside Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Thykingdomcome,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at the Riverside Park Hotel.

All the team here are delighted to read your kind comments.
We would like to thank you sincerely for choosing the Riverside Park on your two recent trips to Macroom.
We are delighted to be able to offer little extras such as the newspaper to our guests as part of our commitment to meeting and exceeding our guests expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Macroom and the Wonderful Lee Valley.

Mise le Meas,

General Manager.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

It appears that there are 2 hotels in Macroom - the Castle hotel and the Riverside Park hotel. I have stayed in both.

I recently stayed in the Riverside Hotel because it was cheaper than the Castle and did appear (from the outside) to be newer and more modern. I'm not sure how busy the hotel is but I got the impression that there were very few rooms being used. The reception area etc is excellent as are the function rooms. The bedroom was very large and for a 3 star hotel I was impressed by the size. The room was warm and comfortable. Noise proofing is not great though - I could hear every word of a conversation from the room below me. I slept with ear plugs in because of the noise from the TV.

But there were a number of thigns which were just plain wrong. Although the furniture was somewhat modern and typical of any 3 star hotel, the condition of some items was bad.

The chair in the room was covered in white stains, which I don't even want to guess caused them (see attached photo). How difficult is it to deep clean some upholstry? And if it is not possible then replace it.

The bathroom was very dated and frankly it was a major let down. The toilet seat was badly worn (see attached photo). There was lots of green mould on some of the tiles. Grouting was missing from one area which meant that there was a loose corner near the bath.

While all theses things can happen in any hotel room, it is unacceptable that management allow them to be seen. I have to wonder what preventative maintenance is done in the hotel. I have said it on other reviews - management should visit every room, every week and find the things that are wrong - before the customer does. Try sitting on the toilet - try lying on the bed or in the bath - try sitting at the desk and LOOK at all the things from that vantage point!

The details I point out could have been corrected for less than €50. But the fact that they are not makes me wonder if I will stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank atomise
GeneralManagerRSP, General Manager at Riverside Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Atomise,

Thank you for your valued feedback, as with all reviews , we appreciate it and it helps us to improve the service and facilities that we provide to our valued guests.

in relation to the issues you have raised and have been kind enough to provide photographs of, I agree that there is improvement to be made in the room that you stayed in and I have conducted a full review of this room and the facilities offered in this particular room.

We do on a regular basis , as you pointed out should be the case, inspect all rooms as part of our commitment to our guests comfort of stay.

I only wish you had taken the opportunity to point these things out during your stay as it would have been very easily and immediately rectified. All to often we prefer to post these comments online but forget to give this feedback when asked how our stay is/was during our stay or on departure.

I can assure you that should you return to stay with us here at the Riverside Park that all the issues you have raised have been addressed.

I am delighted to hear however that some aspects of your stay such as room size and warmth were to your satisfaction.

Again, I would like to sincerely thank you for posting your review and I can assure you that all the team here will endevour to ensure that no repeat of the issues you have raised will occur.

Mise le meas,

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Last weekend we had a school group of 18 students and 2 tadults staying in the Riverside Park hotel for a drama festival in the town.
Firstly the hotel gave us a very good rate.
I can honestly say that in my 20+ years of teaching, having organised many trips, I have never come across a more welcoming, accomodating hotel.
Our girls had a late night on Friday night and the hotel organised a late breakfast for them on Saturday morning. I expected them to give the girls a very basic breakfast but insted they provided a full breakfast menu with many choices.
They also provided us with a room to store our bags for the rest of the day.
The rooms were excellent, Staff friendly and helpful.
I could not recommend this hotel highly enough. Thank you so much
Seamas Co.Mayo

Room Tip: all rooms excellent
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Seamas1
GeneralManagerRSP, General Manager at Riverside Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Dear Seamas1,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to review your groups recent stay with us here at the Riverside Park Hotel.

It was our absolute pleasure to look after your group and we are delighted to hear that you all enjoyed your stay with us. The girls, each and everyone of them, are a credit to the School and it is refreshing to meet such a group of pleasant and well mannered students.

It is our aim to always work to facilitate guests with providing services around their schedule and trying to make each and every guests stay with us a memorable one.

We thank you sincerely for choosing the Riverside Park Hotel as your Hotel of choice during your stay and we hope we can be of service to you again in the future.

Mise le Meas,