“Great stay.”

Riverside Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Macroom
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed here as a stop off for one night this week. The rooms are a we bit dated but they were clean and comfortable.The food was excellent and the staff were very friendly and helpful both at reception and in the bar. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManagerRSP, General Manager at Riverside Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Dear boydie77,

Let me begin by thanking you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at the Riverside Park Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you experience such a positive stay with us here at the Hotel and that the team here provided you with the excellent service that we wish to extend at all times to all our guests.

I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future should your travel plans include Macroom.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Got a great deal for two nights B&B for 2 adults and two children. Room was clean and spacious, but quite dated, however fold out bed turned out to be a mattress on the floor !
Just ate in the bar where choice was good and couldn`t complain about price or service.
Breakfast was however poor. Service was incredibly slow and we had finished eating before tea/coffee arrived. The fruit was all but gone, no croissants left and full Irish overcooked. People arrived after us and were served ahead of us as nobody took room numbers or seated guests. The two girls serving hadn`t a clue how to run the serving.
First night great but second was disappointing.

Room Tip: Location is great, Killarney and Cork only 30mins in either direction.

Dear dg7827,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us as a whole and you experienced the warm value for money stay that we wish to extend to all our guests.

I do however understand your concerns relating to breakfast.

As is the case with all holiday makers and when we go on a short break we all like to rise at the latest possible time and in every hotel across Ireland this is the peak time for breakfast.
We are aware of this, and we do plan for it but regrettably the morning in question,after investigation with the staff on duty, all our rooms did arrive at the same time hence causing a slight backlog with our a la carte service from the kitchen.
As we do not offer the standard buffet but rather a freshly cooked breakfast from our extensive hot breakfast menu service of hot breakfast is dependent on cooking times.
I regret any inconvenience it caused to you and your family during the second morning of your stay and I hope the positive aspects of your stay with us will encourage you to return to us in the future as I can assure you that we have taken your valuable feedback on board to better serve all our guests.

Mise le meas,

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed here for a short break on 12-13 July with our two children. We got a great deal and the hotel based in the delightful, quaint town of Macroom was the perfect location for exploring nearby sights and attractions. The hotel staff couldn't have been more helpful. The manager helped us with paying our motorway toll when we couldn't get the telephone number to work. We woulld especially mentioned Kelly, the waitress who took and brought our made to order breakfast each morning. Kelly was a delight to talk to and gave us lots of good advice on where to take the kids sightseeing. (Thank you for your kindness Kelly!) The breakfast was very comprehensive and there was something to suit all tastes. The only thing that we missed having in the hotel room was a small fridge to be able to keep a cold drink of milk or water for the kids given that we were Incredibly lucky with the weather.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManagerRSP, General Manager at Riverside Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear MomA A,

Let me begin by thanking you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the Riverside Park Hotel.

I sincerely thank you for your kind comments about the staff here at the hotel, the whole team here at the hotel are delighted that we could be of service to you and your family.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you and your family back to the Hotel in the near future.

General Manager.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Decided to try out this hotel for dinner recently. We ordered in the bar from a young waitress , partner and I chose the beef dinner,son chose soup and hips as he didn't want a dinner. A different waitress brought my son his soup and returned after approx half an hour and asked if we would like anything else such as desserts . I replied that we had yet to receive our dinner ! She apologised and said she would bring our food . On return again with no dinner she apologised and said that there had been a mix up in the kitchen and that she had mentioned the delay (which was now 45 mins) to the manager. The manager had told her to offer us complimentary desserts to apologise. Our dinner finally arrived after almost an hour. Nothing special, thick chunks of beef on top of mashed potato , smothered in gravy,with cubes of turnip and carrots thrown on the side..I had asked for gravy on the side ,however I was so hungry at this stage I didn't complain ! the young waitress that had first taken our order then returned and asked us if we wanted to see dessert menu,we said yes and it took her 15 mins to return with just the menu alone !! I was becoming extremely annoyed at this stage and wanted to leave but my partner convinced me to stay for dessert !! We ordered desserts and once we had eaten these I asked the young waitress for the bill..I kid you not she never returned with the bill !! I went to the bar which was unattended and the young waitress appeared from the kitchen saying " can I help you ? " !! I was so cross I told her I still hadn't received the bill I'd asked for ! She seemed surprised and said oh did the manager not drop it down to you . NO !!! I replied ! She mumbled something about getting the manager and took off into the kitchen ..a bar man then appeared and asked me if he could help me,I was really mad at this stage and said I just want to pay the bill and leave ! He told me the desserts were free and I paid the bill and left..2 hours it took us to have a simple meal !! I just want to make it clear that the bar was not busy at any time we were there ! The staff and the so called manager really would want to pull up their socks as this is a hotel under new ownership and as a local person I certainly will not be recommending this place to anyone ! Plenty other nice places to eat in macroom without going here !!

7  Thank Nother36
GeneralManagerRSP, General Manager at Riverside Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Nor32,

Let me begin by talking this opportunity to Thank you sincerely for taking the time to post a review of your experience here at the Riverside Park Hotel, I welcome all reviews as it help us to further develop our service and standards.

It is with great regret that I read that your visit was one of less than the normally high levels of standards and service that we provide here at the Hotel.

I have investigated the points you raised in your review and regrettably an error did occur with your order. I can assure you this is far from the normally high and prompt levels of service we do provide here at the Hotel.
We have provided further mentoring and training to the Staff member who was training at the time of your visit to ensure we do not fail to exceed our guest and our own service expectations in the future.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your feedback further with you and would be most grateful if you could contact me directly at the Hotel on 026 20090.

Again thank you for your review and we genuinely do hope that we will be able to welcome you and your family back to the Riverside Park Hotel in the not to distant future.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Went here for lunch last Sunday ate in the Italian restaurant and have to say that the service was friendly and quick, the staff couldnt do enough for us, food was really good and great value for money! Will defiantly be back again!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

A large group of us recently ate here on a Sunday lunchtime. When we came in they had no tables in the bar so we had a drink while we were waiting ( the seating arrangement in the bar area is poor, they could fit a lot more people in if the tables were moved around). We all had main courses. Food was excellent, service was good.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Lavellers
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This hotel has recently re-opened after a three and a half year closure. We arrived 3 days after reopening and were greeted by a very helpful and pleasant staff member who offered us a double room at a very reasonable rate. Our room was very spacious and spotlessly clean. Apparently the heating had been used during the hotel closure to keep out damp so there were no unusual odours as you might expect. The evening meal in the Italian-inspired restaurant was very good. We left early the next day so did not sample the breakfast on offer. Definitely worth a look if you're in the area. Ask them for their best price for a room if you do stop by.

Room Tip: Ask for their best price. Some rooms overlook,the river, rather than the road - they could be quiete...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mistermemory
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macroom
Centre
The River Lee
The River Lee
#2 of 23 in Cork
Gougane Barra Hotel
#1 of 1 in Gougane Barra

Been to Riverside Park Hotel? Share your experiences!