Creedon's Hotel
$86
Findus House(Macroom)
$86
  • Breakfast included
Riverside Park Hotel(Macroom)(Great Value!)
$85
$102
  • Breakfast included
Blarney Hotel & Golf Resort(Blarney)(Great Value!)
$141
$140
Mills Inn(Macroom)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 5, 2011

We were quite keen on visiting Inchigeelagh and Creedon's based on the previous TA posts. However, our experience of the hotel rooms was not as positive.

Joe's bar was very nice, and Joe himself was an affable character. Our breakfast and dinner was ample, and actually quite good by our standards of rural vegetarian cuisine (which can be quite low in places where vegetarians are looked at askance, such as in Ireland). However, our rooms were very rundown, and highly overpriced for what was offered. Our shower door was falling off it's rollers (so we couldn't use it), the lights in many of the walls were missing, in some cases even the sockets were removed leaving bare wires (I believe they were taped, but this is not something you should pay €100 for...)! There were shared bathrooms down the hall with broken down furniture and half-installed bathtubs. I temper our review stating that we were not looking for a 4 star hotel, but for the price paid we would expect at least a room that was kept in working order. Based on my experience in Ireland, I would say our room(s) (they were adjoining, sharing a bathroom) were worth closer to €30 total. At the least we can say the room was cleaned. Oh, and our mattresses were springy and sagging, making for a rough nights sleep.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank Zharik
Reviewed January 5, 2011

The best thing -- of innumerable wonderful things -- about Ireland is the hospitality of its people. It's an ancient and valued tradition. And Creedon's Hotel in Inchigeela, County Cork, epitomizes this tradition like no other place. This warm, cozy village hotel is owned by Joe and Ann Creedon and they care for you as if you were guests in their own home. There are wonderful things to see and do within a few hours of Inchigeela -- I always use Creedon's hotel as "base camp" and do day trips whether for a day of golf in Kerry, to hiking in the magnificent Gougane Barra, to a stroll through Kinsale on the southeast Cork coast. And I delight in knowing when I walk into Creedon's delightful pub in the evening there will be a hearty "Welcome home!" and "Can I fix you something for dinner?" -- regardless of what time it is. My favorite thing to do is to linger over my third (!) pot of tea at breakfast in the main room near the fireplace chatting with Joe on the latest news of the village. I've been back a dozen times now and love it more with each and every visit.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank gail_goodridge
Reviewed August 6, 2009

We travelled to Inchigeelagh to try to find our ancestors and met up with Joe who sang "My Inchigeelagha Lass" to me. With his help and his friends we were actually able to find our O'Leary family....the lot that didn't go to Australia.
Pub has a wonderful friendly sincere atmosphere and food good. Didn't stay at hotel, but reckon it would have been very comfortable.

Barbara and Kevin O'Sullivan. (O'Leary grandmother)

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank kevinosullivan
Reviewed November 26, 2005

Stopping in for a pint and meeting Joe and his friends was truly one of our best moments on our trip. Thanks so much for great memories of Ireland!
Jack and Coleen

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank ColeenWM
Reviewed June 28, 2004

What a delight it is to spend some time at Creedon's in Inchageelagh. It is more like a welcoming home than a hotel. The management is wonderful, and full of fun, music and stories. Great bar filled with locals. Sunday nights are "grand" when the locals come out to sing and dance. We were guided to beautiful spots in the area, and met warm, kind people. Go if you are looking for a bit of Ireland and it's wonderful people.

12  Thank Claudie