“Great food, excellent staff and lovely atmosphere.”

Granville's Bar & Grill
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Macroom
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a local neighbourhood Restaurant & Bar catering for Lunch & Dinner Tuesday to Sunday from 12.30pm. We offer the best of Irish Hereford Steaks, Skeaghanore West Cork Duck, Kerry Hill Lamb and the best of Fresh Fish Delivered 4 times weekly. We cater for both Reservations and Walk-Ins so reservations are not necessary. We have a full Children's Menu and families are very welcome. A La Carte is Served from 5.00-9.00. We are closed all Day Mondays.
Cork
“Great food, excellent staff and lovely atmosphere.”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Granvilles Bar & Restaurant was highly recommended to us by friends in the past and we weren't disappointed, it was top class. Rarely will a restaurant tick all the boxes but this one did. Starter, main course and desert all beautiful and the service was excellent, not over the top just very friendly and very helpful. Looking forward to next time!

• Visited March 2014
GranvillesBar, Owner at Granville's Bar & Grill, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Donal D,
Thank you for your Review of our Restaurant. We were delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience and are indeed very lucky to have such good waiting staff. We look forward to your return visit.

Tewksbury, Massachusetts
“Great spot for lunch or dinner in Cork”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stopped in with a friend on the way to Kerry from Cork airport. My friend had read a good review and wanted to try it out. At first we were disappointed as we thought it was closed but on closer examination we went in. So very glad we did. As have been noted in other reviews the staff was wonderful and very welcoming. We had the French onion and Celeriac soups which were both delicious. French onion was lighter than most with plenty of onion but not the overly cheesy dense concoction that often is served. My friend had a selection of fish and I had the tikka wrap both were very good. Staff gladly accommodated dietary restrictions with substitutions. Will go back again. Excellent food and experience. Although they were closing for the day shortly after we arrived we never felt rushed or in the way. Be sure to check out the lovely art work.

• Visited March 2014
Dear Rosemary,
Thank you for your lovely comprehensive review of our Restaurant. We are delighted you enjoyed your lunch with us. We are lucky to have great staff and I am particularly delighted you noticed the Art work. This is all done by My Mother, is all for sale and makes a great gift for many occasions. We look forward to you having a chance to dine with us again.
kind regards
Cork, Ireland
“Fantastic food beautiful setting”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Had dnner with friends here recently, we spent 4 hours over the meal, the staff were top class and the food was out of this world. There was no hurry to get us to leave, it was totally relaxed.
The duck was to die for, probably the best I have ever tasted.
One tiny quibble, the tables are too wide which makes it very difficult to chat to your fellow diners sitting opposite you.

• Visited February 2014
Dear Ger,
Thank you for taking the time to review our Restaurant. We were delighted to see you dining at Granville's and really glad you enjoyed The Duck, which is from Skeaghanore just down in West Cork. On your next visit I will be sure to put you on one of the smaller Tables as the table on which you were seated is a Table for 6 persons.
Geervliet, The Netherlands
“Will be back”
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Visiting my friend in Macroom the other day she suggested to have a meal in Granville‘s and what a brilliant idea that was. On a bitter cold evening the real fire was very welcoming, as were the friendly and very helpfull staff. The food and accompanying wine were only delicious and the atmosphere very pleasant, in fact so much so that we were the last ones to leave :-)
And as, on top of all that, the bill was very reasonable, I/we will certainly be back when I next visit Ireland/Macroom
Ingrid Murphy, Geervliet, Holland

Visited February 2014
Dear Ingrid,
Thank you for your review of Our Restaurant. We are delighted you enjoyed your evening visiting your friend. The fire is indeed a great spot to sit by on a cold evening and we hope to see you back again in the near future.
Ireland
“bar food”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We had heard amazing things about Granvilles unfortunately maybe our hopes were too high.We went in at about 4pm and were seated in the bar which was no problem but when I looked at the menu I was disappointed to see vegetarians weren't well catered for. When the waitress came over I asked what the vegetarian options were and she said spring rolls with goats cheese(I can't eat cheese) and they offered to make a stir fry.I cant bare stirfrys as the vegetarian option its just so boring. I ended up getting a side salad and chips which was fine nothing wrong at all I was just disappointed with the lack of vegetarian options. My boyfriend got the roast of the day Turkey and Ham which he said was lovely but could of had a bit more.Overall not a bad experience but we probably wont go back due to the lack of vegetarian options.

• Visited January 2014
Dear Somc,
Thank you for your review of our Restaurant. We do indeed only have a limited selection for Vegetarians as we are A Steak & Seafood Restaurant. We have over the years tried out several different Vegetarian dishes and have found that the Goats Cheese Spring Rolls are the most popular with both Vegetarians and Non-Vegetarians. We are quite happy to cook an alternative to order if asked to do so and I am sorry you were not given that option on the day. We would like to see you return and give you the opportunity to have some other Vegetarian dish.