“Nice restaurant”

Granville's Bar & Grill
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Macroom
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a local neighbourhood Restaurant & Bar catering for Lunch & Dinner Tuesday to Sunday from 12.30pm. We offer the best of Irish Hereford Steaks, Skeaghanore West Cork Duck, Kerry Hill Lamb and the best of Fresh Fish Delivered 4 times weekly. We cater for both Reservations and Walk-Ins so reservations are not necessary. We have a full Children's Menu and families are very welcome. A La Carte is Served from 5.00-9.00. We are closed all Day Mondays.
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stopped in Macroom en route to Cork and not having any experience of eating in the town was drawn to Granville's by its nice frontage. I was not disappointed. On a cold November night I was greeted by a large open fire. The staff was very pleasant and I was asked more than once if my meal was ok. I ordered a well done Angus steak and though I apprecitate that it is hard to accurately guess what this means to each customer it was just slightly over done for me. Nonetheless I dined well. The only suggestion I would make to the owners is that having the TV on did detract from my experience. It's such a lovely bar area that background music and the open fire is more than enough ambience. There were two people at the bar and two more people dining and no one was looking at the TV. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and will call again.

1  Thank Contessa1000
GranvillesBar, Owner at Granville's Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Contessa1000,
Thank You for your review of our Restaurant. We have taken on board your comments and now turn off the television when there is no diners watching it. It is a decision taken by staff as some diners like to watch the television in the bar while others prefer just to have a chat or read the paper and listen to the music while dining. We look forward to you having a chance for a return visit.
kind regards
Paul & Leonie Granville

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

While staying at the nearby Castle Hotel we went looking for a bit to eat. This restaurant is only a 2 minute walk away. The restaurant is very nice inside and our order of fish and chips and an order of chicken came quickly. Excellent food but 3 fish for fish and chips seems an awful lot. I'm not complaining but 2 fish would suffice.
I will be back to this great venue.

1  Thank ShaneMcDonald
GranvillesBar, Owner at Granville's Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Shane,
Thank you for your lovely review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your meal and look forward to your return visit. Paul & Leonie Granville

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Great welcome on entry. REAL fire a major selling point. Fabulous food, lovely engaging staff, nice atmosphere and great service. Great choice on "Early bird" and good prices. Huge selection on a la carte also. The hake was cooked to perfection the beef beourgeoin tasted delicious. Great selection of veg. lovely evening. will be back

1  Thank M F

Dear MF,
Thank you for your very kind review. We were delighted you enjoyed your experience at Granville's. The Real Fire is certainly a bonus on cold winter days, and we are very lucky to have great front of house staff. We will certainly pass on your comments to the staff and we look forward to you getting another chance to dine with us at Granville's. Paul & Leonie Granville

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We ate here Saturday night as part of a night out and can only say great things about the place.

The restaurant is a lovely place with comfortable seating and modern decor. The staff are really nice and helpful, service is fast with no fluting about like other places where you must wait ages for orders to be taken.

I really enjoyed my steak and was completely full leaving with no room for desert!!

We cannot wait to return shortly. .

1  Thank maleilish79

Dear Maleilish,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Restaurant. We are delighted you enjoyed your dining experience as part of a group and hopefully next time you get to visit us you will have room to try one of our Lovely Homemade desserts... Paul & Leonie Granville

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Just had a nice meal at Granvilles in Macroom. Have been there before for dinner but this time had lunch during the day. A very relaxing atmosphere on entry and we were welcomed by a member of staff then shown to a table without delay. It was quiet busy but after we chose from the our order was taken and within ten minutes had our starter of Chowder and Brie for my wife followed by a steak with veg and choice of fries or creamed potatoes, i had a chicken breast filled with de roiste black pudding. All the food was well made, was hot and served at a leisurely pace, that i like, one needs time to enjoy it. The staff were nice, polite and always at hand if we needed anything. Bill came to €43.00 for two starters and two mains, it was lunch and good value we thought.

2  Thank Peter L

Dear Peter,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Restaurant. We are very glad you enjoyed your meal at lunch and hope to see you again in the near future. Paul & Leonie