“Average food”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Went here last Saturday for lunch. Food was average my starter was very greasy and then massamam curry wasn't great compared to other Thai restaurants.i have to agree with the other recent reviewers the service was sulky and poor wont be going back, and omg the amount of MSG the put in their food would leave you parched for a week!

SiamThaiRestaurant, General Manager at Siam Thai, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write your review, we appreciate your business and feedback and take every review seriously.
There wouldn't have been any trace of MSG in your food as it is something we have never used in any Siam, nor do we ever plan to.
If there is ever a problem with your food please mention it to one of the staff so we can help rectify the problem there and then.

Kind Regards
Siam Management

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Generally food very consistent & fast. It ticks boxes & caters to all but I think lacks atmosphere.
No engagement from staff, they take the order, deliver the food . . job done!

1  Thank Newfy2013
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I haven't been to Siam Thai since it moved to this location. The staff were welcoming and very knowledgeable when reviewing the wine list and the menu. The food was gorgeous and hot. For a Wednesday night it was busy. The only fault was that it was very hot and maybe they could do something with their air conditioning. I liked the restaurant and would have no problem recommending to family, friends or to work colleagues.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Had never been here before but had heard lots about it. We had booked and upon arrival we were greeted warmly, the service never waned during our visit, the team were very attentive without being intrusive.
The food was great, both in quantity and quality. We both had starters and the ribs were just melting off the bone - definitely worth a return trip just for them! The sea bass was the best dish and as I was more than familiar with the style I was hoping that it would live up to expectations and boy, it did! These guys know their stuff and we were more than happy with everything they put on the table. There wasn't much left but I reckon you don't need any rice with the fish dishes.
Wine was good value, good selection and jugs of iced water were brought to the table. In fact, the whole meal was good value; the bonus here is that you can go for the early bird and if you like something else then the supplements are extremely reasonable. This makes for a better choice and more restaurants should follow suit.
Our only gripe was lack of atmosphere, maybe because it was still early but maybe also because this is an adult venue, there are no children's menu and there were quite a few kids being vocal, there is quite a lot of space so splitting the adults from the families (and thrown food) maybe a good idea.
This place is the sort of place where you could also come + just have a bottle of wine, especially on the outside terrace, great for people watching too!
All in all, great night, great service, great food, very chic decor, will be back.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This evening was our third visit to Siam Thai in Malahide. Twice before we have availed of the early bird menu at the weekend and were impressed on both occasions with both the food and the service. This time however was very different. The food cannot be faulted but this evening the service was atrocious. Having just come from a long hill walk in Howth on a warm evening my girlfriend and I were both very thirsty. Normally complimentary water is provided immediately on being shown to a table. Having waited about 10 minutes for someone to take our order, we asked for water. The water didn't turn up until after our starters arrived. The duck rolls with plum sauce came sweet chilli sauce instead, but they were still very nice. Having finished the starters we waited another 10 minutes for the main to arrive. Again I asked for water. It never came. The staff seemed more interested in talking amongst themselves and preparing the tables for the next day. The place was almost empty so there can be no excuse for such an oversight. I paid quickly, did not leave my usual tip and left in disgust. I will not be returning. Pity... the food is rather good

1  Thank Derek C