“Superb”

Ranked #3 of 55 Restaurants in Malahide
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Kajjal was opened by Sean Collender and Shoaib Yunus in October 2007 and has been warmly welcomed by the people of Malahide. Kajjal's aim is to provide a friendly and relaxed atmosphere where you can enjoy a consistently good standard of food and service. Kajjal is open 7 days a week from 12 till 11pm and offers great value lunch, every Sunday live music is on from 2pm to 4pm. Sister restaurants Kinara in Clontarf and KInara Kitchen in Ranelagh. Try our newly opened Italian Restaurant Michaels Italian in Mount Merrion.
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

My family dined in kajjal last night, excellent meal & service, staff couldn't do enough for our party.
The meal is one of the best we ever had.
Will definitely be back.

1  Thank wrinklesnolan
There are newer reviews for Kajjal

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We dedided to go for lunch at Kajjal just to stay away from the crowds. They had a special lunch set menu for €12. I went with the Lamb and Spinach in a Rogan Josh sauce. It was superb and the portion was very filling. The staff were very attentive and friendly as well.
This was not the first time I have been to Kajjal but it is the first time I've been there for lunch. Once again, I walked away with a full bell and a big grin on my face.

1  Thank Viking086
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had dinner at Kajjal with friends last week. The food was absolutely delicious, freshly prepared, and the service was perfect. For starters the Chilli scallops, with ginger and garlic chilli sauce, were cooked to perfection (and not overcooked as is so often the case). The squid with mango chutney was also a very good starter. For our mains, the minced lamb with potatoes was excellent. The nan breads were served crispy and straight out of the oven. This was by far the best Pakistani or Indian meal that I have ever had in Ireland. Look forward to returning to Kajjal on our next visit to Dublin.

1  Thank Tommy087
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I dined here a few weeks ago as part of a large group. We were a hen party and whilst some nice restaurants can be a bit sniffy about that, the staff here were super and really entered into the fun. They looked after us very well and were attentive to wine glasses and more importantly in distributing tap water which is something that other restaurants don't bother with as you are not paying for it.

We had mixed platters to start with - the lamb chops were delicious, melt in the mouth and so flavoursome. I then had tiger prawns for main and it too was so tasty and with a good balance of spice.

It is expensive but I never mind paying for food of this quality. I would recommend to anyone visiting malahide and I will certainly be back.

1  Thank Armaghgirl
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The food in this restaurant is very good.However,you feel lucky to be given a table and when booking you are told how long you CAN have the table for.
I am afraid that this establishment is slightly too arrogant for my liking.The food in the same village in a restaurant called Jaipur offers food that is certainly as good,the only difference is the staff in Jaipur deeply appreciate the business.
When I am spending my hard earned money,I want to give it to people who appreciate it and in turn provide fantastic Cuisine..

10  Thank buddy053