“Busy”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Busy”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Food and atmosphere are very nice here but it is very expensive and very noisy. There is a wonderful shop attached to the restaurant and I would definitely recommend a visit.

Visited July 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Exceptional cakes - but busy”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

After a quick round of pitch and putt in the castle grounds, we stopped here for coffee and cake. The selection of freshly made cakes and snacks is quite overwhelming at first, but does not disappoint. Paired with freshly brewed coffees and teas, although slightly pricey, it is very much worth it.

On a weekend and bank holiday the cafe is extremely busy. I would recommend timing your visit carefully and splitting up - one person grabs the table, one does the ordering and paying.

Visited March 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Just nice food, very expensive !!!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Avoca is in a beautiful location in Malahide Castle, they did a fantastic job to it. The shop on the way into the Cafe is really nice full of bright colours but so expensive. Personally I think the restaurant is over rated, food looks better than it tastes. Again colourful food, attractive to the eye, but to me somewhat lacking in flavour. Have been a few times when it first opened, but when we went one day and were charged €25 for two Irish breakfasts, actually over €30 for breakfast and tea we were pretty shocked. There are plenty of places in Malahide where you can get a great breakfast, in maybe not so nice surroundings for much less but tastes just as good. I am not saying I will never return, maybe for a cup of coffee, but not for a sit down meal that you pay through the nose for and it is self service. I like to be waited on when I pay those prices.

• Visited September 2013
Houston, Texas
“Best food in Ireland - hands down, then the shopping!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I thought I loved the shop with the soaps, textiles, books, bake ware, but then I walked in to their cafe. It was a genuine mad house a complete shock to the system from the very quiet secluded walk to the Malahide Castle. This place was busting. It is a cafeteria style restaurant and the choices were mind numbingly delicious by sight. Making this the hardest decision of the week. They are very generous portions so I would suggest you plan on the desert for take away. We got the duck salad and quiche with three sides. Neither of us could pass on their fresh baked breads. Their deserts were picture perfect and I'll regret for a long time I did not get one to take.

Ireland has its Pub tours, just as Scotland had its distillery tours.

I may like beer and or scotch but I believe I would pass them up for an Avoca tour of Ireland.

Visited August 2013
“GREAT FOOD AND STAFF”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I found this café by accident back in October 2012 and travel either by foot or cycle on a weekly basis to Avoca in Malahide castle where both the staff are warm and friendly and the food omg is soooo good especially the Brownies

• Visited September 2013