“Great Food, Superb Value”

McGovern's Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 54 Restaurants in Malahide
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Food, Superb Value”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This restaurant is trying to find its place and will do so. The food is top qualiy, very nicely selcted and cooked and presented very well. The menu is interesting and the service is prompt and friendly. The decor is a mix of family friendly and bistro and so does not do full justice to the quality of the food, but that aside a really nice dining experience is to be had. Prices are very good value for the quality of food served. Try it.

Visited January 2013

Dublin, Ireland
“best steak i've had in a long time”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Ate here last saturday night for the first time and was very impressed. Starters for the table included duck salad, prawns, calamari and an antipasti board. All were very well presented and went down well. Mains included a fillet of cod, a duck breast, a catalan chicken and I had the ribeye with prawns and bearnaise. All were excellent, perfectly cooked and full of flavour. My steak was the best I've had in a long time. There was a lovely atmosphere in the place and service was good. We were very pleasantly surprised and are looking forward to our return. This might be our new saturday night thing.

• Visited February 2013
“Excellent food, service could be better”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Steak is cooked to perfection! Our party also has lamb ragout and duck. All dishes were delicious.
Service was a bit slow and not much interaction but polite enough.
Would definitely come back!!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“average:-((”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Hello,I went recently to this restaurant and I can say it's not that great as reviews says.I think that food is pretty ok generally just the service wasn't what we expected.The waiter was talking too much,all the time,we almost had no privacy and time to eat.Too many informations and crap...otherwhise ok but I'd like to try something new in Malahide...

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank kathy p
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cheap does not always mean good!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Ate here a while back with my kids and some friends. Kids had so called homemade goujons. They were not homemade as we make our own at home. Kids did enjoy them though. I ordered the fish & chips of the day. I was really looking forward to some juicy cod, haddock or hake. What I got was large slab of very non tasting, bland Panga or something similar maybe Pollock. It was definitely quantity over quality ... not always a good thing !! It was served with apparently homemade tartar sauce this again was not the case as was their so called so called homemade guacamole which was served with my husbands Mexican burger. I would suggest if you are going to advertise the homemade thing make sure to hide your large tubs of pre made sauces from the kitchen view. This place to me serves glorified pub grub. Staff were nice, music was awful. Not the type of place I like to eat in. I prefer fresh ingredients and tasty food over large portions lacking in flavour !!!

• Visited January 2013