“Awesome - What An Experience - Great Value”
Review of La Sirena - CLOSED

La Sirena
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Pacifico Restaurant Grill over looks the beautiful Marina in Malahide Village. With breathtaking views and food to die for, what more could you want ? We serve a delicious range of foods from juicy Chargrill steaks and Homemade Burgers with Tequila & peppercorn Sauce, Chimmichurri Dressing and Jalapeno Fritters, we also have a great range of Fresh Seafood including Beer Battered Fish & Chips, Calamari Fritters, Prawn Pil Pil and many more. We also serve yummy Mexican Food including Fajitas, Burittos, Enchiladas, Nachos, Chicken Wings and many many more. We love kids too and have a great kids menu for €6.95 Including burgers, breast of chicken strips, Fish Goujons, Cheese Quesadilla and of course Sausages. All kids meals are inclusive of drink and ice cream. Our desserts are all home made and we have some delicious cocktails, beers and a great wine list to wash it all down with.
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Mexican food and Mexican dining experiences are right up there on my list of "Food I like To Eat" and "Style of Restaurants I Like To Frequent". Having eaten in many such establishments around the world. So Id reckon Id be hard to please or at least the food would need to be impressive to get my attention. So as a surprise my wife booked La Sirena in Malahide. North of Dublin on the coast. From the get go i was impressed. Attention to detail, excellent promt service and fantastic atmosphere were the first things that made us feel comfortable and relaxed.

Of course so did the perfectly made margaritas - just delicious, one of my favorite cocktails. Then my wife had the Fajitas and I had the Chilli Beef Main - mine done with the corriander and lime rice. Yum - Had it like that in a nice restaurant in Cabo once and La Sirena's version was better I reckon - finished off the meal with an Espresso each along side a shot of Amaretto - rounded off a nice meal in great surroundings in a beautiful location.

They look right over to the Malahide Marina on the Malahide Estuary. Were bringing the kids back with us next time as it looked like the menu had something for all sizes and ages and tastes. Definite thumbs up from us.

1  Thank FunBoyNow
There are newer reviews for La Sirena

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I ate at La Sirena last week and I enjoyed everything about it. The location is nice with a view of the bay and a pleasant stroll from the main road. As a solo traveller I sometimes find the service in restaurants can bit underwhelming - but not so here! The service was excellent! Although I was eating at 4pm in the afternoon the atmosphere was good. I had the house salad with prawns and it was divine. Different and interesting with exactly the right amount of spice. Every bite was a taste sensation. Great coffee too! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone and I'm really looking forward to eating there again.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I visited this restaurant alone as I had a few hours to while away before visiting the airport to meet a friend off an incoming flight. I requested a table facing the window overlooking the marina and bay and the waitress immediatly gave me a choice of tables already set for 4 guests. I decided to have just a main course and requested the roast lamb with a glass of water. However, while awaiting the lamb,the waitress brought me a dish of crisps and dips, which were delicious. The roast lamb was perfectly cooked and the accompanying veg and excellent. I then decided to have desert and chose a coconut dish with jelly and strawberries. It was beautiful. I finished with a Latte and took my time enjoying the view from my seat. It was a most enjoyable experience despite being on my own. I will definitely return when I next visit Malahide.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I'd been in many mexican restaurants, great, good, and bad, and unfortunately, this one falls in the last category. Food was greasy, the fajita meats were floating in a oily liquid that make them inedible. Flavors were far from Mexico. Service was good and attentive, though.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Recently dined in La Sirena with a large group of 20 people and it was fantastic. So reasonably priced, generous portions and YUMMY fresh food! The staff were so friendly and accommodating even though there was so many of us. They even did the menu up with my sister's name on it as it was her special night. If you think you dont like Mexican food you should try this place it will change your mind, there was something for everyone and some of our group were vegetarian and coeliac. We also tried lots of the delicious cocktails! The restaurant is in a fab location over looking the harbour with lots of little sailing boats on the water, Malahide is a lovely village. Would definitely recommend La Sirena :)