“A Welcoming Restaurant”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Luckily, we arrived at the restaurant earlier rather than later in the evening as we didn't have reservations and this is a very popular restaurant. I especially liked it because there appeared to be far more Irish, local diners than tourists such as ourselves. The food was very delicious and filling and the server and manager welcoming and efficient. As usual, we proved that we were members of the "clean plate club" - so much so that our server asked my husband what was wrong with the lemon on his plate - absolutely the only thing that he didn't eat!

1  Thank schark
There are newer reviews for SALE e PEPE

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Went with my family to this restaurant and was really looking forward to it but was very disappointed! With all the other lovely restaurants in Malahide I would not recommend Sale e Pepe! Food was not great and it is not good value for money. Service was ok but this would definitely not entice us back! Try somewhere else...

1  Thank caca315
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We have been to Malahide many times, however this is the first time we have visited Sale e Pepe restaurant. We are sorry now we waited so long to try it out. It is an excellent spot. We tried it out on our first night on this trip and liked it so much we went back again on our last evening. Very good choice of food and reasonably priced. Highly recommended from the menu are the duck spring rolls, the pan seared salmon, minute steak, Cajun chicken breast and the chocolate and pecan nut brownie! All delicious! We will definitely visit again when we next return to Malahide.

3  Thank LILYT
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We visited Sale e Pepe on our recent Christmas visit to Ireland. I have been to the restaurant on every trip (at least annually) for many years. This time I brought the family. As always we were absolutely delighted with the experience. There were 6 of us dining and as we arrived we were warmly greeted, immediately seated and coats/scarves/hats/gloves taken by our lovely hostess.

The menu was extensive with additional specials available on the blackboard. We ordered starters from the Piri Piri Prawns (devine) to the Chicken Wings (Yum!) they were delicious. We were spoiled for choice on the entrees, but we certainly made the right decisions. My Son ordered the ribs and I can honestly say I have never seen meat fall off the bone like these did. The most tender and flavorful ribs he has had in a long time. The Sea Bass was amazing and I don't even have words to describe the Smoked Filet Steak!!! The portions are large and the sides are plenty for the table to share. We had Chunky Chips, Creamed Garlic Potatoes, Onion Rings to name a few. For dessert we enjoyed the Banoffi, Pana cotta and the Selection of ice-cream. The prices are very reasonable, especially when you consider the generous portions.

The atmosphere in the restaurant is excellent. Soft music, friendly and attentive staff. We were even offered a complimentary after dinner drink. Very nice touch and wonderful end to an tremendous family dinner.

Huge praise to the Chef!

4  Thank Mitch C
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I tried the unusual surf & turf with thick cut chips - for once they were done sufficiently as all too often they are undercooked - the 'turf' was smoked making it a little dryer than normal but an interesting smoky flavour. Their espresso is not worth having though, its got no crema and is just strong coffee that is not worth drinking, so I didnt!

1  Thank Robert_B_London61