“Great relaxing place to stay”

Grand Hotel Malahide
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Malahide
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed for a couple of nights and found this place to be just so relaxing with excellent service. Had a 'special' deal for 2 nights BB and 1 evening meal. The room was seaward facing and just great, and the breakfasts and dinner served in the main restaurant was 5 star quality. Staff and service excellent, with lots of litlle bars and places to sit and enjoy a quiet drink. Will be back as soon as we can!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hotel Malahide, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I am delighted to hear that you are planning a return visit to the Grand Hotel. I have passed on all your kind comments to the team here and they join me in thanking you. Keep an eye on Facebook for all our latest deals. We look forward to welcoming you back to Malahide very soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,636)

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I was really looking forward to having a sit down meal with my niece and her family as she had just completed her communion ceremony earlier on the sunday 11th May. It was also my birthday so I thought it was going to be a real treat. How wrong was I.
We were a table for ten including my nieces elderly Italian grandparents who had flown over specifically for the occasion.
We started the meal at 6pm but we were all waiting until 7.45pm for our coffee!!! Atrocious service.
The starter was okay vegetable soup. But the long long long wait between courses was so aggravating and took away from the dining experience. The main I picked was ravioli pasta. The muck that was placed in front of me. One word INEDIBLE.
To top it all off the bill was incorrect THREE times. We were charged for extra vegetables and a drink that had already been paid for??!.
Not what I expected from a prestigious hotel like The Grand Hotel. Poor service, poor food and poor result. AVOID.
P Flanagan

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank 1974Paul
Grand Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hotel Malahide, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Good Afternoon Mr Flanagan

I am very disappointed to read your comments . On the evening our restaurant manager did indeed deal with your complaint in regards the pasta dish . This was returned to the kitchen and two Chicken dishes were served to your table .

This is a main course that we have had on our menu for quite a while and it is very popular and I am very disappointed to learn that you were unhappy with it .

Our restaurant manager spoke to a lot of the guests on your table and there were indeed no other complaints . He offered you a complimentary drink and I am told that you accepted coffees and he was assured by your table that you were all happy .

I would like to assure you that our other guests were extremely happy with dinner on Saturday evening and we have received some lovely thank you emails.

Kind Regards

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

What a fabulous hotel with the most beautiful views of the beach. A very relaxing place to stay. Close to Dublin. The room was decorated well and clean. Breakfast was very appetising. Their restaurant was also excellent. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Hope to be back.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would be privileged to welcome you back to the Grand Hotel, I only hope that visit will be as enjoyable as your last.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed here on the last night of our trip to Ireland. The location is just a short cab ride to the airport. The room was clean & comfortable. The view from our room was not good (we were facing part of the roof of the hotel), but the area around the hotel is quite nice. Malahide itself is a cute little seaside town. We enjoyed walking around the town (the hotel is in a good location for this) and down to the Malahide castle.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to review your visit to the Grand Hotel. I am delighted that you chose the Grand Hotel as you last destination before leaving Ireland. I apologise that you did not get a room with a seaside view. I do hope you enjoyed the facilities in Malahide and got time to have a look around Malahide Castle. We wish you all the best with the rest of your travels.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Staying north of Dublin on our first night in Ireland was one of the best ideas that we had on our entire trip, and I'm so glad that we cancelled our reservation at the busy Shelbourne downtown. While traffic was still flowing steadily on a sunny Malahide afternoon, it was nowhere near as bad as the traffic in Dublin, and it was a good way to get our feet wet with driving before we set out on a long drive to Sligo the following day.

We arrived to the hotel about 90 minutes prior to their stated check-in time. The front desk staff were sticklers with regard to the check-in policy, but they offered to check our luggage and deliver it to our room for us. Rather than sit in the lobby and wait, we decided to head to the bar for lunch. Once we were finally checked into our room, a staff member came up to check on us, which was a nice touch.

The facility itself is nice with beautiful decor. The bar/restaurant was a bit overpriced, but the room accomodations were spacious, clean, and quiet. The parking is free, the rates are reasonable, and our room had a nice view of the ocean.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view room. Also, be prepared to wait for your room if you try to check in early.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to welcome you to Ireland. I do hope your trip is everything you expected it to be and more. We are delighted you chose the Grand Hotel for you first night in Dublin. Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. It is lovely to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Let me take this time to wish you all the best with the rest of your travels.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Bank Holiday Monday( that was the day the sun shone ) and we found ourselves in Malahide, just north of Dublin. The exterior of the Grand Hotel was very inviting so we decided to indulge ourselves and have lunch in the salubrious surroundings of the Hotel restaurant. They offer a set lunch of 2 or 3 courses at a set price. We opted for the 2 course and decided to have mains and desert. Tea and coffee are included. The order was taken very quickly and a selection of bread was offered. The food was delicious and the staff were a delight. The surroundings and the view over the bay were quite delightful. My only problem was the long wait on food service. (just as well we had the bread) However we were very pleased with our lunch and would certainly recommend the Grand. Pretty good value for money.

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your visit to our Coast Restaurant. I am delighted that you chose to dine with us on such a lovely sunny bank holiday Monday. I have passed on you very kind comments to our restaurant manager who joins me in thanking you. I apologise for the delay in food service. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Grand Hotel.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We booked here because it is close to the airport, and had 2 nights before flying out. A formal hotel, and seemed a bit stiff to us after 3 weeks of staying in B&Bs. The room was large with a water view and squeaky clean. Breakfast OK, and typical of a hotel buffet breakfast. Only 15 minutes free WiFi per 24 hours, which seems a bit stingy, but that's the difference between a hotel and a B&B. Having said all that, it was a nice, comfortable, relaxing stay.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the Grand Hotel with us. I am delighted to read that you had a relaxing stay. I do hope that you had an enjoyable trip to Ireland. We wish you all the best with the rest of your travels.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Malahide
Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links
Island View Hotel
#2 of 2 in Malahide
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
The Waterside House Hotel

Been to Grand Hotel Malahide? Share your experiences!