“Seen better Days sadly..”

Grand Hotel Malahide
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Malahide
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Seen better Days sadly..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the Grand the first time seven years ago.. Was impressed then. Have stayed a few times since.. Stayed weekend in April this year as a treat for my birthday with my partner.. Sadly i left feeling let down and disappointed.. The Grand was much as it was 7 years ago the first time i went but i have had my eyes open to other Hotels in Ireland which offer a better deal for your money.. Malahide i felt has also lost its charm and soul..
Heres hoping things improve for both before it becomes just another seaside village in Ireland which has lost its way..

• Stayed April 2013
Grand Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hotel Malahide, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all it could have been. Our guest feedback is really important to us as it allows us to constantly review our standards and procedures. We appreciate that you took the time to bring these issues to our attention and will endeavour to rectify them.

It is disappointing that you feel the Grand Hotel has lost its charm and soul. We are currently working on renovating our rooms here at the Grand Hotel. I do hope that we may still have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Malahide in the near future.

Warm regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Turkish first
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Recently organised a nursing reunion and selected this hotel based on it's location for proximity to M50 and to airport but discovered it had so much more to offer....location perfect overlooking scenic bay and marina. Very helpful and courteous staff. Fabulous restaurant location overlooking seafront. Rooms we were in were good standard, clean and spacious. Loads of space around the hotel with big lobby and lots of other smaller meeting areas and bars. We did not even make it to the leisure area but I hear it is also lovely. Lovely walks to Portmarnock. Lovely local pubs and cafes catering for a variety of tastes. Would definitely return here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Grand Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hotel Malahide, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Ruth,

Many thanks for your lovely review. I am delighted that you and your nursing friends had such an enjoyable time at the Grand Hotel. It was a pity you didn't make it to the Leisure Centre, but perhaps on a return visit you can schedule it in. There certainly are lots to do in Malahide and I am glad you enjoyed it. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back to Malahide.

Malahide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We had a lovely stay in the Grand lovely food & great service from the staff, room was very compact but very comfortable we would definitely recommend it & stay there again.
It is a lovely area access to beach & Malahide Village

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Noreen G
Dear Noreen,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write such a lovely review. I am delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. We would be delighted to welcome you to the Grand Hotel for a second visit. I only hope with will be as enjoyable as your last.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the first night of a tour. Great location - close to the town, shops and castle. Beautiful building - inside and out. Great food, friendly staff, amazing leisure center. My only caution would be to stay away from the single rooms. Very small and worn looking. The shower was smaller then ones I have had on cruises. It was fine for a night, but for anything longer it would have been too small. Still great hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Grand Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hotel Malahide, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Chantal,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the surrounding areas of Malahide. I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to the staff here at the Grand Hotel. I hope you had a pleasant trip to Ireland and I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Malahide.

Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed in this lovely hotel before Christmas time and I was quite impressed by decoration with the polar bears in the lobby area. Public areas are beautiful anyway. Furnitures and fittings are wonderful. The room was clean and spacious. Helpful and very friendly staff. Meeting room was nice and well equipped. Great selection of tasty foods for breakfast with a very nice view of the coast. I've tried the "early bird" menu for dinner. It was plenty and delicious. Nice selection of wines. I only regret that I didn't have my bathing suit with me. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank monaHungary
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I am delighted to hear that you found your stay so enjoyable. We would be delighted to welcome you back to the Grand Hotel in the future. Hopefully then you be able to relax in our Arena Leisure Centre.

Eglinton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was the forth time I have stayed at The Grand and each time things just get better.
Great food, great staff, great rooms and great location. Can't wait to get back.
We were there for a family party and everyone in the family left with the idea of coming back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Robert M
Grand Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hotel Malahide, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Robert,

I am delighted to hear that you are a regular guest here at the Grand Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. I sincerely hope that you had a great party.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to the Grand Hotel for a fifth time.

Mahe Island, Seychelles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

The fantastic welcome, the General Manager top class and front of house. Good atmosphere, eating is fine. Nice place for conferencing or a break away quiet holiday. The hotel location is grand like the name says. I strongly recommend this hotel,, the village is also fantastic to visit,

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Charles E
Dear Charles,

Thank you very much for your lovely reviews, we appreciate the time it took to share you experience with us. I would be delighted to pass on you kind comments to the staff here at the Grand Hotel and I am sure they would join me in thanking you.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the bustling town of Malahide very soon.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malahide
Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links
Island View Hotel
#2 of 2 in Malahide
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
The Waterside House Hotel

Been to Grand Hotel Malahide? Share your experiences!