Grand Hotel Malahide
$106
$125
$114
  • Restaurant
Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$162
$124
  • Room Service
$157
$162
$145
$122
1,683 results
All reviewscoast restaurantsea viewryan's barmatt ryan barexecutive roomleisure centrelovely hotelpublic areasshort breakbar foodfamily roomstayed for one nighthotel bardublin cityirelanddartportmarnock
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed in the grand last month, from the concierge to the restaurant to the bar we were treated like royalty! The local area is beautiful and there are many local bars and restaurants at the doorstep, however we spent our time in the matt Ryan bar. The menu was diverse and catered for the picky among us! My only negative remark would be the lack of cocktails.. Non existant.. But other than that the staff were fantastic and attentive! We waited no longer than 15 minutes from our order to our food! I would definitely be a repeat visitor!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank TheCriticalyoungone
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Totally disagree with Fiona M review dated 5/1/13. I also booked through Booking.Com and had no problem upon check-in and was not treated in anyway different than in other hotel.
We stayed 2 nights B&B in an executive room weekend 4/5 Jan. The room (209) was spacious and clean, with a corner window view of the estuary.
We had a good breakfast both mornings, with a excellent choice available to cater for most needs.
We didn't dine in the hotel during our stay apart from ordering sandwiches from room service at 2am in the lobby after returning rather drunk on the Saturday night, which were delicious.
We didn't use the leisure facilities so can't comment.
The hotel is ideally located within 100 yards of this beautiful small coastal town which offers an abundancy of restaurants, coffee shops and bars. I have to mention Gibneys which offers traditional quality food and beers with a brilliant pint of Guinness. Also if you're looking a good night out on a Saturday night for some craic and music, it's the only place to go in town.
This was my first visit and won't be our last.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank BigT43ni
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Whilst not having stayed overnight here, I have called many times for lunch or afternoon tea. The service in the Matt Ryan bar is scandalous. Many have been the times when I have called with friends, and been 30 minutes before being attended to. And then, when orders have been made, the food comes out cold about 45 mins later! We have even had the main course served before the starters.
As a local who used the hotel in its previous ownership, I am shocked by the lack of common courtesy shown by some at the bar. It is not a good advertisment for visitors.
One time, when I complained to the head barman, he snapped at me to say that it was not his fault if management did not provide staff.
complaints to management have been responded to, with the comment that steps have been taken to improve the situation, but on going back a few weeks later, we met with the same lack of interest in the customer.

We arranged a party there a year ago, and in a private room. The cake that we provided was cut up and when only half was used, the staff purloined it for themselves, and it was only after complaining, that we got it back!

I cannot comment on how overnight guests are treated, but if you are a day visitor, beware!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank nakagoli
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Just back from The Grand hotel after a 2 night stay...this was booked through Booking.com and I have to say on arrival we were not left feeling welcome we were left feeling as if we had taking a 'CHEAP' option for booking and the cost £140 Sterling had now jumped to £180 sterling or Euro as the exchage rate was Euro for Pound....We were told this was because we had booked through booking.com and because we were paying cash...Lady at reception did not make us feel like our stay was any way important.... Room was also basis and I would not consider it 4 star as there were NO 4 star touches..Beds were not comforatble and 'double' bed is a very small double.....

There are much better hotels which are 4 star and are much better value for money.....Will not be back...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fiona M
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Public areas in the hotel are very well maintained and comfortable. Our room 275 was adequate but the lighting was very poor. The room was quite cold and we had to use the blankets in the wardrobe. We missed breakfast as they stop serving at 10.30 sharp on Sunday mornings.
The swimming pool sauna and steam room are very well maintained.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends