“Superb quality”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Have eaten here several times and the food has always been excellent. Lovely views out over the marina. Good seafood and other dishes. Only problem we ever had was when we ate there last month, we were charged for two bottles of wine instead of one. My partner only spotted this after he had paid. The staff did not seem surprised when he pointed this out and also were not really apologetic. We found this a little strange, we would have expected an apology at the very least. However, that is the only problem we have had there and it would not stop us going again. We will be back there the week after next for a family birthday.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We were exhausted from train,taxi, and bus travels. We had just checked into our hotel after a six hour train trip, but decided to explore the castle and seaside village of Malahide. We were too late to tour the castle but asked a friendly gift shop employee for a restaurant recommendation .
She told us about some waterfront restaurants within walking distance . The first one we tried was closed for a private party, but were sent to one close by that was just wonderful . We had not eaten in a full service restaurant, and felt lucky to have found this one.
The view was beautiful from the upstairs dining room. The fresh vegetables , herbs, and sauces were great. We had lamb,flounder and a good house wine . The service was excellent.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Enjoyed Friday night dinner, four of us, and it was exceptional from start to finish. Our host was a little disappoined that his chosen table had already been allocated, but we did not let it spoil our evening and tables are not guaranteed apparently. Lovely view of the little harbour. This/these chefs deserve recognition and compliments for their ability to present such fabulous food in a mouth watering way and yet have confidence in the marriage of the flavours of each dish. I shall give my Tripadvisor pals a little taster :-) Tasting of Asian style Clogherhead crab, Ginger & chilli claws, Thai style cakes, sushi, curried crab salad, coconut & lemongrass bisque. Taster of four canapes: seafood platter crab claw sushi infused with soy sauce (a little phial of soy which you squeezed into the sushi - delightful) Japanese crab chilli ball. I chose a chefs special for my main course which was pan fried fillets of sea bream,duo of spider crab (ravioli and rouille)new potatoes, Provencal vegetables, sauce vierge and bouillabaisse tea (poured from a beautiful japanese style tea pot - lovely). We all had pudding which was again excellent also. Cannot wait til next time, thank you also to the staff who were courteous and knowlegable about all the dishes. Please book ahead so that you are not disappointed on your chosen date........

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This restaurant is truly amazing, the food is presented beautifully and tastes as good as it looks. The staff are attentive and so lovely. I particularly appreciate their kindness to myself and my dad over the past few months. I took friends from London (who are used to eating in some of the top London restaurants) here over the weekend and they were so impressed that they are planning a weekend to Dublin again just to eat here!! I am not going to get back to Malahide as often as I have done but when I am home this will be the first place I head to for a feed!!!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I ate at this lovely restaurant yesterday whilst travelling to Dublin for a funeral of all things and a friend who was born in this beautiful town wanted us to come see where she was brought up and what a fabulous town it is but this restaurant has got to be one of the best ever. Not showy or in your face but just a quiet lovely place, overlooking the sea, with great staff and probably the best food ive ever had! Six of us ate, all having 3 courses, four soft drinks and two bottles of good red wine and it costs us just over 50 euro each. I'm well used to Irish prices and in many other towns in Ireland a meal of this quality would have easily cost 80 euro. I can't wait to go back and would just like to say a huge "thankyou" to Nautilus, we loved it!