“Great Bar”

Duffy's Pub
Ranked #16 of 59 Restaurants in Malahide
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Duffy's Pub, serving good quality food at affordable prices. Live bands perform every week end.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Duffy's pub is well known for its friendly atmosphere and a great pint. Duffy's is situated in the picturesque village of Malahide. The pub has an ideal location on the main street.

The iconic pub on the main street has been given a new breath of life from May 2011, with a fresh and improved selection of beers, wines and spirits, a new and improved food menu using only fresh ingredients in a loving way with a very nice outdoor terraced areas. The poshest place I've been that actually caters for smokers too on this terraced area.

They have a very friendly and professional approach to serving, a constantly updated music playlist, cosy couches, free wi-fi, great coffee, and loads more you are sure to feel home from home once you cross the welcoming threshold in Duffy's Pub.

All the major sporting events are covered, with screens playing to the crowds in every bar.

Traditional music can be enjoyed every Wednesday from 9.30pm- 11.30pm. Top Quality Band's rotating each weeked

Well worth a visit

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We ventured into malahide last weekend for a bit of lunch, while walking along main street we decided to give Duffy's a try, we were not disappointed.

It was mid-afternoon on a saturday and the place was pretty full but managed to get a seat no problem.

The waitress was extremely helpful in telling us what the daily special was however we decided not to go for this and we ordered a burger and chilli con carne. Both dishes were extremely nice and the burger was cooked to perfection.

Overall this place is great for a bit of food or a few drinks.

1  Thank DublinM123
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Myself and hubby went into Duffy's on our honeymoon in Malahide and its a great spot. The luch was 10Euro for Gormet Burger Chips and a Pint, or Wine, the food was excellent and the waitress on the 1st day we were in there was extremely friendly and chatted to us about our marriage etc. Needless to say we ended up staying, more deals awaited us, you can order apetisers and get a drink included for 6Euro, also extremely great value so as you do, we worked our way through them all and stayed until the wee hours. We also liked the big TV screen where you could use the iphone to request songs and send messages to the screen, this was romantic for us honeymooners and great for a laugh! A smoking area, terrace is all thats missing and possibly a disabled toilet on the ground floor.

2  Thank KathrynGood
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We were in Malahide on Saturday evening in the pouring rain, so we decided to seek refuge in Duffy's. We were greeted by an Elf and given a bag of sweets!
It was so warm and inviting, twinkling lights & Christmas music playing. We soon realised that Santa had arrived in Malahide, We had a bite to eat which warmed us up.
The food was very good, good value, something for everyone on the menu. It is a modern pub and there was a good buzz about the place. The staff were on the ball and our waitress was very friendly and attentive.
We stayed for a couple of drinks before we ventured out into the rain again to get the Dart back into town. Great place, we'll be back!

2  Thank Aisling O
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have just gotten off the phone to a very rude woman in Duffy's in Malahide. I had tried to book a table for 20 people for my wife's 30th Birthday party and was told that they would not accommodate this even though there where no other parties booked for that night. (for the record they mentioned that a christening was booked that day but upstairs)

I am a regular to this pub and have attended many parties in the past. I was definitely surprised that they were unwilling to accommodate my request on that basis, however I was more surprised and quite shocked in fact by the way in which they lady relayed that to me. I felt she was extremely rude and quite abrupt in the way she ended the call. She made me feel like the business I was offering to put her way was not wanted and it would a hassle for them to accommodate.

As I said I have been a regular to this pub in the past and so have many of my friends, however, on the basis of how they treated me today I will not be returning and I will be recommending to my friends not to either.

6  Thank Darren377