“nice... good food, nice selection”
Review of The Greedy Goose

The Greedy Goose
Ranked #10 of 58 Restaurants in Malahide
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Really quaint place, felt like we were abroad. Can get a bit noisy when full, but worth it for the food

Reviewed March 22, 2014

My husband and I and our two kids booked a table here St patricks weekend for my husbands Birthday. We had a really lovely tasty meal, very nice table, excellent staff and the atmosphere was just right. The kids menu was limited and the spagetti option was not available, really wish restaurants wouldn't offer kids the unimaginative, unhealthy options of sausage and chips, burger and chips. Our kids were dissapointed and would order from the main menu if we visit again.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Unusual concept for dining but the food is delicious and portions are just the right amount. Great atmosphere but you must book especially for the week end.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Myself and my wife went to a The Greedy Goose for a birthday dinner. We chose the most expensive of the menus as a bit if a treat, and it sadly proved quite a let down.

I should firstly say that the atmosphere and decor in the restaurant is lovely. The staff also are very nice, and present superbly.

The food also was cooked very well. I ordered a rare steak, and it arrived perfectly cooked. But the problem was there was absolutely no taste. 3 courses each of crab claws, pork, duck, steak, scallops, and while they were cooked perfectly, they had no taste. We left somewhat hungry, and disappointed.

I've only ever heard very good things about this restaurant so I expect we'll go back at some point to give it another go. But this 1st go was a let down.

1  Thank Johnny H
Reviewed March 9, 2014

My partner and I were extremely pleased to get a table in here on his birthday. However like many before we were told we could only have the table from 18.00 - 20.00 and from reading the previous reviews I can only assume that they book the tables on a 2hr basis for turn over.
Both service & atmosphere in the restaurant was spot on & the place has the making of something special, until the food arrived.
We had the 3 items for €27.95 each and I was genuinely surprised and disappointed.
The soup was extremely sweet and tasted like they had put several spoons of sugar in it.
Of the 6 items we had only one had a flavour & taste, it was very strange the food was so bland & lacked even basic seasoning.
So all in all we spend €80 and and came away both hungry & disappointed.

2  Thank Jen J