“Quirky food which was delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Greedy Goose

The Greedy Goose
Ranked #4 of 53 Restaurants in Malahide
Cuisines: Irish, European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Quirky food which was delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food presentation, almost looked too intricate to eat, but we managed! I had the tasting menu- bruschetta was one of the best I've had in Dublin, tandoori chicken was bursting with flavours, the chocolate gateaux let me down a bit as it was slightly too heavy. I would definitely return, the view is spectacular too.

1 Thank Catherineonhertravels

“A Great Find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Unusual 3 starters as mains. Well presented. Good sized portions. Very tasty. Have already been back.

1 Thank Kevin W
dublin
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I booked this restaurant for my sisters Birthday, I requested a window table when booking and we got a fab table by the window. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful & explained how the menu worked! We went for the early bird menu which had a great choice. We all picked something different from each tasting menu & we were all delighted with our choices. There was a great atmosphere in the restaurant we will be back.

1 Thank clurish
Ireland
“Whats good for the Goose”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife and I had dinner in this small establishment it seats around 40 people and is upstairs but that only adds to the charm of the place. We both had the 20.50 euro menu which allows you to choose any 3 courses you wish from a very exciting menu and it was a very different experience and one which we both enjoyed very much. I will be back and I do hope they keep up the good work it was lovely.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank WorldwideIreland
Navan, Ireland
“Different”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We decided to go to Malahide for the day and after looking at several menues decided on The Greedy Duck. The early bird was from 5-7 on a Sunday and we arrived about 5.20. The restaurant is quite small 40-45 seats so it fills up quickly. I ordered the early bird @ €20.50. You can select 3 items from 4 selections for this price. My wife had the Tasting Menu A @ €19.50 and could try any 3 courses from this menu. I started with the Thai Fishcakes with a chilli sauce. The fishcakes were a bit tasteless and bland. The second course was 3 small pieces of hake on a chirizo salsa. This was tasty but very small. For desert I had the fudge cake with ice cream which was yum. Everything was beautifully presented but left me in 2 minds about my review. On the one hand you will not leave here feeling stuffed but at the same time I cannot say I left there feeling hungry.
The staff were friendly and attentive but their wine is VERY expensive.
It was nice for a change but I dont know if I would go back. Only time will tell.

• Visited July 2013